Dagger Dealer / Knife Throw - Can't retrieve?

+
Alternatively, making an easily crafted, stackable knife set specifically to be thrown would work as well.

But either retrieve thrown knives, or make a knife type that stacks and can be crafted to be thrown specifcally will make this perk series more worthwhile.

I understand how many people feel about it. The thing is, if you attack anybody (shoot, or melee) and it doesn't kill, everyone becomes alerted. If they nerf the knifes so they can be retrievable, they become useless for the stealth build. what they could do is increment the chance of you finding knifes on enemies... or make it a perk. knifes for me where a get outta jail card lots of times. My hacks were cooling down, a headshot wouldn't kill (by my calculations), about to be spotted: Last knife = ooof I'm saved. I like it as it is, but yes they should add cheaper knifes on vendors at the least.

In my opinion, throwable knives would be much more overpowered if they were an easily accessible stackable ressource like grenades, than if they worked the same as they do now, but required players to go pick up the knife. It adds an entire layer of difficulty to a stealth run if you have to think about retrieving your knife every time you throw it.

In fact, if "one-knife stealth run" was a speedrunning category, I'd totally watch it because it would be fascinating to see the choices people make when they can't rely on quasi-infinite gun ammo.

Throwing your own knife is totally silly, I think. Need some kind of throwing knives which can be bought in gun store as packages.

Throwing your own knife is totally silly, I think. Need some kind of throwing knives which can be bought in gun store as packages.
Oh... I've been playing a lot & only now, because of this post - I realize now that I have to throw an actual knife from my inventory. I believed that after unlocking the correct ability, I would have access to a possibly/near enough infinite; albeit pretty weak ammunition, of crappy throwing knifes (crafted or otherwise), for staggering enemies or something like that y'know... Suppose I was a fool to think it would be that simple.

Modded and upgraded a legendary knife and wasted 3 perk on throwing knife before i realize that i could retrieve it! ahhh give it backk

Well if knifes were retrievable this would be Cyberknife 2077 LOL but I guess everyone has the right to play the game the way they want. In Morrowind I nuked the whole Island and crashed the game with a spell. 10/10

I took the perk and I think I managed to throw a knife accidentally once. Feels like a waste for me, but oh well.

Ok, this is a very annoying mechanic for several reasons. Not only we have the throwing knife perk (Dagger Dealer) but also there's another perk associated to thrown knives (Cutthroat). If we put into the equation perks like venomous fang and silent finisher, we can see that knife throwing is something planned from start.

At this point there are 2 solutions

1- Making knives retrievable: of course the dmg done is quite high, but in the meantime, while you are not holding a knife you are unable to attack unless you use another weapon (which makes knife throwing pointless to start with) or slotting other 3 knives which gives you the chance of 3 projectiles. Since it's an "all in" mechanic, missing a shot implies high risk even in normal difficult. I think that solution is the most balanced one (if you want a pure knife thrower)

2- Stacking knives: It seems legit, but the amount of knives in the game is quite low, their value is expensive for a one shot mechanic, and the dmg, being high, would make this pretty OP. To make it more balanced it is necessary to increase the amount of throwable knives in the game, reduce their cost for making them/buying them, and reducing also their dmg. In turn the mechanic will give nothing extra since knives will be behaving exactly as ammo while you are the weapon. There's a reason why in Diablo 2 few people dared to try throwing builds instead of good ol' bow and arrow. I hope you don't make the same mistake.

Same, is that intended or a bug? Kind of silly to upgrade a knife just to lose it. You'd have to find out how to craft knives and keep crafting an inventory full of them.
Knives weight a ton too! so hoarding them up as ammunition doesn't really pay off lol
Post automatically merged:

Make sure people report it as a bug so we can make sure it get's their attention.

Came here to support this topic. I thought throwing knives were a really cool idea, but as soon as I threw my first knife and it went poof, I sat there wondering, god forbid you have a legendary knife and chuck it at a person, miss, have it get stuck in a wall and promptly watch it vanish. I hope this isn't intended and is fixed.
Exactly my thoughts , i send one bad boy flying i missed my target and i was like oooo this must be high risk high reward (kinda like it) then crafted another one buff it to the roof this time didnt miss the target but CDPR missed the idea of throwing knives... xD
Post automatically merged:

I even have what i believe is a great improvement idea : Throw knife that you can retrieve (duh) also add a skill where you can zap it back in your hand with your cybermagics !

i need my knife back too! i did accidentally pressed the throw button when I experienced this only to find out that my knife was gone... and my other experience was another button throw accident where I accidentally thrown a knife on a car driver that the knife was struck on his head and it was a couple of minutes before he is dead after pulling him out of his car. I did tried picking the knife on his head but no avail... haha.. so it was right that its not pickable after you throw it via accident or by intended indeed... so hope DEVS should make the knife pickable!

Extremely disappointing, i saw the perk and immediately specked into it and I've probably only thrown three knives because I either get over encumbered with the 4500 knives i have to carry or it just takes too long and pulls me out of the game having to reequip a knife when I miss, or worse when the knife doesn't kill. its also massive money drain to have to buy a new knife every time you throw one

Top Bottom