Daily Reset — Why the time?

+
I’ve been playing Gwent a long time, almost a year now. Everyday I log in at 8pm EST to earn my daily 6 round reward, but I’ve never understood why it resets at such an inconvenient time.

I’ve guessed that they’re just using one time zone for a global reset — some people benefit, while others don’t and that’s just the way it is.

But why is this? It seems like it would be much more beneficial to have daily resets by zone? I.E North America at Midnight in their zone, Europe at midnight in theirs, and Asia etc....

Is it something to do with their servers? Can they not manage this?

It seems a really odd way of conducting a daily reset... but maybe I’m just missing something.

Hopefully a dev can explain the technical limitations or design decisions behind the reset time. That would be awesome :)

If the daily resets differed from zone to zone it could be easily manipulated into getting 100 ore cash outs every 6 rounds.

It's got to be the same for everyone whether it's 2:00 am or 3:00 pm it can't differ.

Im sorry man — I totally don’t understand what you’re trying to say at all.

People already get 100 ore cash outs for 6 rounds on the reset...

If you’re thinking people would ‘game the system’ by resetting their time zone, that’s easy — the account is associated with one time zone. If anyone ever changes time zones, it invalidates rewards for 24 hrs.

There are -plenty- of ways from a design point of view to achieve zoned resets, or global resets.

I’m sure it’s a technical limitation .... or at least I think so until a dev tells me otherwise.

Im sorry man — I totally don’t understand what you’re trying to say at all.

People already get 100 ore cash outs for 6 rounds on the reset...

If you’re thinking people would ‘game the system’ by resetting their time zone, that’s easy — the account is associated with one time zone. If anyone ever changes time zones, it invalidates rewards for 24 hrs.

There are -plenty- of ways from a design point of view to achieve zoned resets, or global resets.

I’m sure it’s a technical limitation .... or at least I think so until a dev tells me otherwise.

I was thinking the very same thing, I'm also curious how they would manage it. But yeah I figured it would get "Gamed" as you said constantly resetting for maximum rewards. Or initially I thought that anyways then I too had the idea you mentioned to counteract it.

How about the daily not resseting if you have not completed the 6 rounds? What if I just want to play 1 or 2 games in a day? No rewards for me unless I play at least 6?

Feels a bit punishing for those of us that want to take it easy.

How about the daily not resseting if you have not completed the 6 rounds? What if I just want to play 1 or 2 games in a day? No rewards for me unless I play at least 6?
You can actually expand a daily quest through few days. With the swap option it can even synchronize with others. It is not that hard.

You can actually expand a daily quest through few days. With the swap option it can even synchronize with others. It is not that hard.
Two separate things. Your are right, that the "daily" quests provided through the social tab can be completed at your own leisure.
But the OP was referring to the daily rewards that you get for completing rounds (100 ore after 6 rounds, another 75 after 12 more rounds, etc.). These need in fact to be completed before the reset time hits. It happened to me once in the very beginning that I had 5 rounds played and then I hit the reset time and those 5 rounds were basically "lost", because the counter for completed rounds went back to 0. Now in my case that time is 1:00 in the night (CET), but for others living farther west (e.g. US East Coast) this translates to 19:00 (or 7pm), which might be right in the middle of your efforts to get the needed rounds and thus not the best time.
From a technical point of view I presume this is due to the fact that there is no player-specific time implemented/tracked, and/or all games are hosted on the same server farm.

Last edited:
Ah, OK.

I know how annoying this can be, but the time is what it is and when you know it - it is all your fault, to say so. Yeah, it can be done to carry through when your last game started, but is it that important?

I don't see much of an issue with the daily reset time. The only thing that could be nice to have from my point of view is a timer in the menu, telling me how much time is left before the next reset.

I don't see much of an issue with the daily reset time. The only thing that could be nice to have from my point of view is a timer in the menu, telling me how much time is left before the next reset.

Some people will see an issue with it, and others won’t. Your suggestion of a timer certainly would be nice all around though. (EDIT: Wait, isn’t this available somewhere in game? I could swear I’ve seen one....)

The big thrust of my point about it being inconvenient is around a typical workday. Most people work from 9-5... that means that during your off-time you’re in the worst situation... a few hours until reset, and only a few hours after reset before you need to sleep and get ready for the next day. It’s a very inconvenient time for most people — which is typically why in other games, you’ll see a much later reset time (12am usually).

In my situation personally, it’s actually much worse (but this comment isn’t based on -my- needs, rather the average person). I still dutifully complete my 6 rounds everyday because I have a love for the game. So, don’t take this as complaining — it’s not. It is however, the constructive feedback from the community that contributes to making Gwent great!

Some people will see an issue with it, and others won’t. Your suggestion of a timer certainly would be nice all around though. (EDIT: Wait, isn’t this available somewhere in game? I could swear I’ve seen one....)
You are correct, that timer already exists. But it is only shown when you enter the Rewards screen. Top right corner.

Top Bottom