• Earning ore and scraps for daily or weekly rewards

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Earning cards for weekly and monthly rewards

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Earning kegs for weekly or monthly rewards

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges

I recently got into the Gwent Beta and have been having a great time loved the game in Witcher 3 and loving it now. It is in beta so the developers might add this in but a challenge system would be cool to have in the game. Having daily, weekly and monthly challenges where we can earn bonus rewards would help the new players get better cards without spending too much money as well as have the players try new decks and builds. The rewards could be different things like daily could be Ore or Scraps like 15 - 25, weekly could be a larger value and monthly could be a purple card. The challenges could be fun as well like winning with a certain deck or winning a round with Geralt on the field as daily, weekly and monthly would just be longer to earn challenges like winning with everything deck or winning a round with 64 points. What does everyone think?

Those are classic free to play game mechanics. I usually don't like those much and they are so much common. CD Project Red should have their own way to perceive it, as they often do.

NightSword6283;n7224170 said:
I recently got into the Gwent Beta and have been having a great time loved the game in Witcher 3 and loving it now. It is in beta so the developers might add this in but a challenge system would be cool to have in the game. Having daily, weekly and monthly challenges where we can earn bonus rewards would help the new players get better cards without spending too much money as well as have the players try new decks and builds. The rewards could be different things like daily could be Ore or Scraps like 15 - 25, weekly could be a larger value and monthly could be a purple card. The challenges could be fun as well like winning with a certain deck or winning a round with Geralt on the field as daily, weekly and monthly would just be longer to earn challenges like winning with everything deck or winning a round with 64 points. What does everyone think?

Seems kind of pointless to me you get daily rewards for playing and winning already.

Other card games have quite a few modes, but I don't find many of them compatible with Gwent.
Scrolls has/had interesting daily challenges, spellweaver/solforge had crappy ones. I'm not sure how much CDPR intends to invest in single player mode and I hope they won't introduce lame daily rewards which basically entice people into grinding. That would be quite opposite to the current state of affairs so I'm hopeful.

We have at the moment a daily reward. But i think it will be removed, because the most people don't understand the system.

shdcs1975;n7226570 said:
We have at the moment a daily reward. But i think it will be removed, because the most people don't understand the system.

hope you're wrong , the system works fine as it is.

What I was thinking that would be cool would be a challenge like for instance, win x amount of prices for winning a match starting off with card disadvantage. Or win a match without using any gold cards, etc etc. Challenges like that which gave a reward for making the player win under disadvantageous conditions showing his/her talent at being resourceful and building really effective decks in many ways.

Would be great to get some daily challenge to complete. Like revive a card using a Freya or something simple like that. It could give like 20 scraps or 10 ore or something. Also, with more cards coming into the game, weekly challenges could be harder and give cards as rewards or simply more ore and/or scraps.

gamingdevil800;n7226160 said:
Seems kind of pointless to me you get daily rewards for playing and winning already.

The daily reward is great it helps to level up and early 100 ore for a keg, but the challenges to me would be just a addition to give another goal instead of just winning a match.

mkey82;n7226540 said:
Other card games have quite a few modes, but I don't find many of them compatible with Gwent.
Scrolls has/had interesting daily challenges, spellweaver/solforge had crappy ones. I'm not sure how much CDPR intends to invest in single player mode and I hope they won't introduce lame daily rewards which basically entice people into grinding. That would be quite opposite to the current state of affairs so I'm hopeful.

It is beta so they might do something with the single player that ties into the multiplayer. The challenges I would hope, if they added it, would just be something on the side. Like scrolls or even like payday 2 where it just a bonus mission to complete while doing a normal game.

I would welcome something like this. Scrolls (from mojang) had something like this and it was highly entertaining, although gwent would have to take a different direction because it is too easy to see how to counter an existing board with cards in your hand. Maybe individual challenges like reach a certain strength in one row. Or something creative. I'm sure there's something. Would be fun as hell and it would be nice to have a change of pace that offers diversion from ranked play.

Top Bottom