Damage scaling and multipliers

+
I'm kinda hoping for some kind of a knockdown effect mechanic to armored but light enemies where they might still get up after a shot to the noggin' but not zeroed because of some implants. That would be cool.

I have seen this kind of mechanic in the same type of games that have a 'buff' for headshots.
Particular weapons, like say shotguns at close range or heavy rifle shots, will cause an opponent to stagger. Which can open them up for a follow up, for example. Also things like enemies with a ballistic style riot shield where you can try to shoot through the vision slot or my favourite, a shot to the ankle or briefly exposed knee that then causes the enemy to stumble and have to move the shield away from the optimal angle in order to correct their balance.

basically bullet-spread progression but it's better than nothing imo.

Yeah, I’ve seen that video. It is indeed ”better than nothing”, although provided CDPR dares to give the feature the sort if impact, that actually and tangibly affects the combat gameplay, that low skill actually makes a difference.

But there’s also the smart gun thing that, so far as we know, doesn’t need aiming. That should be designed as the go to feature for RPG combat (to hit rolls and such), at least.

But there’s also the smart gun thing that, so far as we know, doesn’t need aiming. That should be designed as the go to feature for RPG combat (to hit rolls and such), at least.

That would not solve the problem:
-It would only makes sense with the Techie V.
-It would still not explain why Marksman V is unable to shoot well with other kind of weapons despite his stats/skills (because the player is bad at FPS).

That would not solve the problem:
-It would only makes sense with the Techie V.
-It would still not explain why Marksman V is unable to shoot well with other kind of weapons despite his stats/skills (because the player is bad at FPS).

I'm not sure I follow...

You mean because the player has to still "choose" the target by pointing at and following it manually (like in an FPS game)?

That can be solved via a target lock mechanism. Press and hold RMB as if you would choose "aiming", the reticle locks on the nearest target (for a certain amount of time) and follows it while simultaneously calculating to-hit chances based on weapon, skill and situational modifiers. You might even be able to choose target locations by moving the mouse towards the desired direction (e.g. upwards for head). No FPS skills needed. Or, very little at most, and character skill determines accuracy completely.

Top Bottom