Damage to cars and other vehicles.

+
I've been watching the 48 minute demo again to subside my boredom. However, I've noticed that when V and Jackie are attacked by a gang when driving, the bullets hitting the car window are not shattering. Even if it was bullet proof, there still would have been bullet indentations on the glass. I really don't know how I glanced over this detail, and I'm not sure anyone else has talked about this.

Will there be damage to cars if they are hit by bullets, such as in real life? Or will it be like GTA 5 physics, where you can drive a car into a wall and it will be perfectly drive-able? Will damages go away if we exit and resume the game, or will they remain there until we have to fix it ourselves? Just very curious about this detail.

I didn`t notice think of this until you posted . I went back re watched the demo and the scavs van doesn`t seem to get damaged either . I guess we will have to wait and see but i would be surprised if there wasn`t any damage when we have seen walls damaged by bullets .

Maybe it will be implemented later, it was only a pre-alpha build of the game after all. The dashboard does display an outline of the car that looks similar to the boat in The Witcher 3 (where parts turn red as they are damaged), but it is possible that many of the displays are only cosmetic. I also suspect the final decision may be made relatively late in development whether "realism" elements like fuel consumption and car damage are to be included or cut.

Maybe it will be implemented later, it was only a pre-alpha build of the game after all.

Exactly. Such detail work is usually not done until the polishing phases of development. (In fact, seeing such details being focused on in a pre-/alpha stage would be a really bad sign. It would mean that the development was focusing on decorating before the walls were even up.)

From what we've been shown, I think it's far too early to definitely say "yes" or "no" for sure. Deducing what we can from the rest of the game, including the environmental damage to the walls and stuff during the shootout in the apartment, I would tend to think that damage decals and destructible vehicles are likely.

I've been curious how they'll implement this because it will have a big impact on gameplay and convenience. How easily can cars become damaged? Will we be investing in a single car that if destroyed means a huge financial setback, or will it be like GTA where you can just repair or respawn and the car is like new?

Not sure if the missing door is car damage, or just a visual glitch/limitation/work in progress content. Maybe in the demo it would also look like that during the shootout, but we cannot see it because the camera only shows V's POV.

Yeah there should be realistic damage if you get hit by car
images (1).jpeg
or crash into a
images (2).jpeg

Maybe your car crashes of fire or you drive into a river and the glass shatters.

I just hope as Garrison72 posted earlier it dosen`t get to expensive , plus i intend to ride motorbikes that will have less damage / health points than cars. Unless stealing cars is so easy that when it`s damaged you jump out and get an other one .

Yeah there should be realistic damage if you get hit by car or crash into a
Maybe your car crashes of fire or you drive into a river and the glass shatters.

If that is the case, then I hope insurance is an option. I would not want to spend a boat load of money on a vehicle, then have it unrecoverable. I hope Trauma team has a bussiness partner with a car insurance company :LOL:.

Top Bottom