Damn control decks

+
Damn control decks

I just started playing a hardcore control deck. What is your opinion on these NR and Scoia control decks, which just destroy everything? I think it is very strong cuz you can play against every deck with a high chance of winning, And they destry the fun of the game.

DanielSens;n7259300 said:
Scoia control decks, which just destroy everything?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

BUUUUuuUUURRRN!!1! MAHAHAHAHA!

Not like there's a lot of choice when NR just duplicates and turns everything to gold. It's their fault I gotta burn everything down.

I find full control decks annoying to play with or against. I do have a hybrid deck of sorts, which is okay.

No Title

DanielSens;n7259300 said:
I just started playing a hardcore control deck. What is your opinion on these NR and Scoia control decks, which just destroy everything? I think it is very strong cuz you can play against every deck with a high chance of winning, And they destry the fun of the game.

Well NR control seems to be the only good strategy for that deck now... derp

Attachments

• photo81360.jpg
    photo81360.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 51
Control decks are fine, they're just very effective right now. Every CCG I've played has them, otherwise it would just be a boring slogfest of who has a the bigger number wombo combo. Wait until game removal decks become a thing, that'll really rustle your jimmies.

Personally, facing control decks does become rather wearisome after a while. It reminds me a bit of someone popping up and blowing out a candle, every time you try to light it.

Riven-Twain;n7266070 said:
Personally, facing control decks does become rather wearisome after a while. It reminds me a bit of someone popping up and blowing out a candle, every time you try to light it.

Nice way of putting it ..lol

Riven-Twain;n7266070 said:

Yet, people used to got more triggered with the old buff-> promote tactics. Now we have a metagame almost full of control decks. Fortunately it wont take long, since the new patch with the new cards will shake the things again. Good thing about beta its the constant changes, i think i will miss it after the game gets released, even though i always dont like some changes.

Radovid control decks are literally the only viable Northern Realms deck at the moment. And the reason for that is that control is just far more reliable than buffing. There are just too many one-card counters to buffs. D-Bomb, Scorch, Igni, Borkh, weather, etc.

Yep, annoying AF. Now I'm kinda missing good ol' times when NR were buffing their catapults and Scoias were playing Support cards.

ThreePi;n7267140 said:
Radovid control decks are literally the only viable Northern Realms deck at the moment. And the reason for that is that control is just far more reliable than buffing. There are just too many one-card counters to buffs. D-Bomb, Scorch, Igni, Borkh, weather, etc.

IDK, playing two NR decks (Radovid gold buff and Foltest adrenalin rush) just fine. Especially gold buff, opponents' Borkh scorching own cards like 8 times out of 10.

Control decks are just like Monster weather deck - when you need quick win, before a level-up, for example. But in general they are boring to play, no combo building, no tactical maneuvers.

OptoNick;n7267450 said:
IDK, playing two NR decks (Radovid gold buff and Foltest adrenalin rush) just fine. Especially gold buff, opponents' Borkh scorching own cards like 8 times out of 10.

Control decks are just like Monster weather deck - when you need quick win, before a level-up, for example. But in general they are boring to play, no combo building, no tactical maneuvers.
Yes, really boring to play... but you win a lot.

StrykerxS77x;n7265120 said:
Control is just a boring way to play in general. Not sure how the devs can fix that though.

Well, I guess you can only limit the number of special cards that can be used and force people to use at least a certain amount of units in their deck.

Not that I would be happy about restrictions like that.

devivre;n7268070 said:
Well, I guess you can only limit the number of special cards that can be used and force people to use at least a certain amount of units in their deck.

Not that I would be happy about restrictions like that.

Make it a difference?

The most control Decks are using Monster that do Damage. So a limitation you want change not so much.

shdcs1975;n7268120 said:
Make it a difference?

The most control Decks are using Monster that do Damage. So a limitation you want change not so much.

It would because those Monsters don't do that much damage.

devivre;n7268130 said:
It would because those Monsters don't do that much damage.

So you hit the Monster Controll Deck very hard, a Deck that is not played so much.
And the other 2 Controll Decks (Radovid; Scoia) are not hittet? So why you would nerv the weakest control Deck? Only to make the other 2 Stronger?

shdcs1975;n7268200 said:
So you hit the Monster Controll Deck very hard, a Deck that is not played so much.
And the other 2 Controll Decks (Radovid; Scoia) are not hittet? So why you would nerv the weakest control Deck? Only to make the other 2 Stronger?

This idea would just force people to not play with only special cards and gold card units. You can have a proper control deck with a decent mix of units and special cards.

I'm not an extremist. I'm not saying using any special removal card should be forbidden ;). I just said that a certain limitation would be a possible solution. And I said "not that I would be happy about restrictions like that".

Top Bottom