Damn, these Delamains are tough!

+
So, I'm trying to stop the Wellsprings Delamain. It says you have to damage it... I've crashed my Little Mule into it repeatedly, thrown grenades at it, shot it up with a sniper rifle, stolen a garbage truck and shunted it into a bridge peir, and still the prompt says 'do more damage'... Damn, it's tough.

How did you damage it?

photomode_02022021_132123.png

photomode_02022021_133217.png

Mellee'd it with my Satori Katana just last night, and it took a bit. Parts of the car started on fire(flames). I also moved around hitting different parts.

That was after chasing it and ramming it a bunch. Eventually he gets stuck and that's when you do it.

Hit it with a three round burst from a Legendary Shingen Mk V, which is instantly fatal for any in game car. It was in pieces.

Delamain actually warned me that the gig would be cancelled if I kept destroying his cars like that. That's the first time I've heard that since doing four playthroughs.

So, I'm trying to stop the Wellsprings Delamain. It says you have to damage it... I've crashed my Little Mule into it repeatedly, thrown grenades at it, shot it up with a sniper rifle, stolen a garbage truck and shunted it into a bridge peir, and still the prompt says 'do more damage'... Damn, it's tough.

How did you damage it?

View attachment 11164670
View attachment 11164673
Best trick ever.

Sandavistan (reflex os) use it jump on delamain and ride it out.

Also note, before act 2 you can get lvl 15 and 100k from just side quests. Stuck in watson? Go see Meredith and catch a ride with her when she leaves.

Reflex / Cool / Tech is the fastest playthrough, mantis blades / pistol pick a build and ride it through!

Probably bugged, I used Meredith's dildo and damaged it enough fairly quick :shrug:

Thanks, I have that dildo in my stash somewhere, but having read your post, as I actually had the Tinker Bell club from The Hunt quest with me I used that to beat on the Delamain and it worked!

After playing a game of tug-of-war between my car and the Delamain for about ten minutes, I got bored and got out of the car, equipped my katana and just kept on hitting the dumb cab with it until it caught fire and wanted back to its master. Honestly expected more of a challenge, but I guess a car's AI isn't equipped to handle CQC

After playing a game of tug-of-war between my car and the Delamain for about ten minutes, I got bored and got out of the car, equipped my katana and just kept on hitting the dumb cab with it until it caught fire and wanted back to its master. Honestly expected more of a challenge, but I guess a car's AI isn't equipped to handle CQC

Wouldn't want to blunt my katana!

"DAMN, THESE DELAMAINS ARE TOUGH!"

Aim for the engine. Preferably with a sniper rifle. Seems to be it's weak spot.

Tried that. Put a lot of sniper rifle rounds into the engine, with Panam's Overwatch rifle. A dozen? Twenty? Something like that. I stopped because sniper rifle rounds aren't nearly common enough and I didn't want to waste more!

Tried that. Put a lot of sniper rifle rounds into the engine, with Panam's Overwatch rifle. A dozen? Twenty? Something like that. I stopped because sniper rifle rounds aren't nearly common enough and I didn't want to waste more!

That's strange. Last time I shot it twice and it went down. Shouldn't take that much shots. Like other said, it could be bugged.
I would suggest to try it again, but temporary remove all quickhacks beforehand. See if it goes down.

I lured it down some stairs on the side of the road to some shopping area, jumped on its hood, and used the shotgun I just found. Worked wonders. On my second playthrough, I tried an SMG, which worked, but did take a couple of clips. Third playthrough I used an assault rifle, which worked better than the SMG, but not as good as the shotgun.

I rammed it with my truck and then shot it a bunch with an lmg, it eventually stopped but the cops weren't to happy about our public displays of affection.

I just grab whatever melee weapon I have on hand and go to town on the hood. But I don't care about how long it takes or doesn't because the scene is so hilarious to me.

But you seem to have found Über-Delamain, OP.

Top Bottom