Dandelion, Zoltan, Triss and Yennefer vs. the Inquisitor's Inner Circle? Better group of friends

+

Dandelion, Zoltan, Triss and Yennefer vs. the Inquisitor's Inner Circle? Better group of friends

• Total voters

I know I've already done two threads similar to this, one pitting Geralt against the Inquisitor, and the other pitting Dandelion and Zoltan against the Sonic franchise's Tails and Knuckles. But I thought I could do this thread anyway, mostly because I like the idea of the hero gathering companions on his/her journey. Also, Geralt's friends are almost like the Inquisitor's Inner Circle from Dragon Age: Inquisition, in that the former all follow the exact same familiar archetypes as the latter, including:

1. Dandelion being almost the equivalent of the rogue, like Leliana, Sera, Varric and Cole.
  2. Zoltan being almost the equivalent of the warrior, like Cassandra, Cullen, Iron Bull and Blackwall.
  3. Triss and Yennefer being almost the equivalent of mages like Solas, Vivienne, and Dorian, as well as share particular traits with diplomat Josephine.
If I have to pick between one of the two groups of friends for Geralt and the Inquisitor, though, I would have likely declared it a draw. Geralt has much fewer friends on his list, and therefore would have a lot more time for character-development. However, the Inquisitor's Inner Circle would have more diversity among themselves, considering that there are twelve of them and only four of Geralt's friends (five if you were to count his adoptive daughter, Ciri).

Last edited:
It depends. Are we talking solely about the games? I really like Dandelion and Triss in the books, but I DESPISE their game versions. In any case I don't think it's a fair comparision,since It's 4 people vs 12 people.

It depends. Are we talking solely about the games? I really like Dandelion and Triss in the books, but I DESPISE their game versions. In any case I don't think it's a fair comparision,since It's 4 people vs 12 people.
If you want, you can include the books.

Also, yeah, you're right. The only way I could make this much more fair is if I include eight more Witcher characters to join the other four. And the most likely candidates would have to include the following:
  1. Ciri
  2. Vernon Roche
  3. Ves
  4. Iorveth
  5. Saskia the Dragon-Slayer
  6. Letho of Gulet
  7. Keira Metz
  8. Sigismund Dijkstra
Sadly, for some unknown reason, I can't edit my poll to include these characters. But, I thought I'd make it just Dandelion, Zoltan, Triss and Yennefer, considering that Geralt is closer to those characters than he is six out of eight of the characters on my list, except for Ciri, whom Geralt is as close to as the other four characters I brought up in my poll. Plus, Vernon Roche and Ves could have otherwise tried to kill Iorveth and Saskia, and they would try to do the same with Letho, as well.

As for Keira Metz and Sigismund Dijkstra... well...

Keira Metz attempted to sell to King Radovid V a disease she found in the tower on Fyke Island, all in the name of saving her own life. And Sigismund Dijkstra went from a powerful spy for Redenia, to a low-life criminal alongside three other crime bosses that run Novigrad's underground. As a result, the two of them would seem much more unpredictable if they were to fill out Geralt's roster of friends to match the Inquisitor's Inner Circle.

Last edited:
If you want, you can include the books.

Then it's Yennefer, Triss, Dandelion and Zoltan for me. By far.

Also, yeah, you're right. The only way I could make this much more fair is if I include eight more Witcher characters to join the other four. And the most likely candidates would have to include the following:
  1. Ciri
  2. Vernon Roche
  3. Ves
  4. Iorveth
  5. Saskia the Dragon-Slayer
  6. Letho of Gulet
  7. Keira Metz
  8. Sigismund Dijkstra
Sadly, for some unknown reason, I can't edit my poll to include these characters. But, I thought I'd make it just Dandelion, Zoltan, Triss and Yennefer, considering that Geralt is closer to those characters than he is six out of eight of the characters on my list, except for Ciri, whom Geralt is as close to as the other four characters I brought up in my poll. Plus, Vernon Roche and Ves could have otherwise tried to kill Iorveth and Saskia, and they would try to do the same with Letho, as well.

As for Keira Metz and Sigismund Dijkstra... well...

Keira Metz attempted to sell to King Radovid V a disease she found in the tower on Fyke Island, all in the name of saving her own life. And Sigismund Dijkstra went from a powerful spy for Redenia, to a low-life criminal alongside three other crime bosses that run Novigrad's underground. As a result, the two of them would seem much more unpredictable if they were to fill out Geralt's roster of friends to match the Inquisitor's Inner Circle.

Letho can be switched for Eskel or Lambert and Keira Metz for Fringilla Vigo. There's also Yarpen Zigrin.

Letho can be switched for Eskel or Lambert and Keira Metz for Fringilla Vigo. There's also Yarpen Zigrin.
Fringilla Vigo could have otherwise been a powerful ally for Geralt, mostly because she betrayed the Nilfgaardian Empire and would turn against it for her own freedom the same way Geralt would for Ciri's. Right?

Also, why replace Letho of Gulet with Eskel or Lambert? Both Letho and Fringilla Vigo were connected to the Nilfgaardian Empire in some way or another, and their Gwent cards associated them with the Nilfgaard deck as a result.

Fringilla Vigo could have otherwise been a powerful ally for Geralt, mostly because she betrayed the Nilfgaardian Empire and would turn against it for her own freedom the same way Geralt would for Ciri's. Right?

I was mostly thinking about the fact that out of all sorceresses (besides Yennefer and Triss) Fringie is the closest to Geralt. Plus she alredy helped him before in defeating Vilgefortz.

Botht Letho and Fringilla Vigo were connected to the Nilfgaardian Empire in some way or another, and their Gwent cards associated them with the Nilfgaard deck as a resul.

Well, some of those cards dodn't really make sense. I doubt Letho supports Nilfgaard after being duped by the Emperor. And Fringilla betrayed the Empire by becoming the Lodge's member. Plus the quote on her gwent card says: "Magic is the highest good. It transcends all borders and divisions" I think they both should've been neutral cards.

I was mostly thinking about the fact that out of all sorceresses (besides Yennefer and Triss) Fringie is the closest to Geralt. Plus she alredy helped him before in defeating Vilgefortz.

Well, some of those cards dodn't really make sense. I doubt Letho supports Nilfgaard after being duped by the Emperor. And Fringilla betrayed the Empire by becoming the Lodge's member. Plus the quote on her gwent card says: "Magic is the highest good. It transcends all borders and divisions" I think they both should've been neutral cards.
And, it's not just Fringilla who betrayed her own leader, nor any of the Nilfgaardian Empire's other sorceresses who would do the same, either. The Northern Kingdoms' sorceresses, such as Keira Metz and Phillipa Eilhart, also practically betrayed their own leaders for the sake of building the Lodge of Sorceresses. Which means that, yeah, with the possible exception of Francesca Findabair, any of the Lodge of Sorceresses who received their own Gwent card could have otherwise had their own fifth Gwent deck.

And, it's not just Fringilla who betrayed her own leader, nor any of the Nilfgaardian Empire's other sorceresses who would do the same, either. The Northern Kingdoms' sorceresses, such as Keira Metz and Phillipa Eilhart, also practically betrayed their own leaders for the sake of building the Lodge of Sorceresses. Which means that, yeah, with the possible exception of Francesca Findabair any of the Lodge of Sorceresses who received their own Gwent card could have otherwise had their own fifth Gwent deck.

Well, I always thought that mages should have their own separate deck.

Well, I always thought that mages should have their own separate deck.
I know, right? But apparently, CD Projekt Red had to place the mages in one of the three different factions in Gwent, even though they betrayed said factions to form their own.

Though, I have to wonder about Letho. His card is a Hero card, and each of the four decks have at least four Hero cards. Who would actually take Letho's place as Nilfgaard's fourth Hero card.

And also, were there any other characters who could have been neutral Gwent cards, besides Letho and the Lodge of Sorceresses?

Though, I have to wonder about Letho. His card is a Hero card, and each of the four decks have at least four Hero cards. Who would actually take Letho's place as Nilfgaard's fourth Hero card.

If we count mages then Assire var Anahid, since she's practically Philippa 2. 0 in Nilfgaard.

And also, were there any other characters who could have been neutral Gwent cards, besides Letho and the Lodge of Sorceresses?

Cahir.

Well, the list is incredibly subjective and although I liked most of the characters in both games I think I liked the ones from DA more.

Also, out of the characters you mentioned, those are the ones I dislike the most in TW3. I never really liked Dandelion and I HATE Triss and Yennefer. Manipulative, heartless bitches both of them. They are not the sort of women you can have a normal life with.

Shani should be on the list too, now THAT'S a girl I can actually like.

Out of all of them Solas is my favorite.

Last edited:
Well, that certainly is something...how do you like your first experience with the art of necromancy?:D
I like it quite a bit :coolstory: but I don't just wanna make Yen proud, there are so many interesting AF threads in here that are sadly dead... the Dark Arts are needed :howdy:
Post automatically merged:

I HATE Triss and Yennefer. Manipulative, heartless bitches both of them. They are not the sort of women you can have a normal life with.
Nah, Yen and Triss are the best girls

Top Bottom