Dark Mode for the The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt

+
Quicksave was disabled by default at certain points...
It most certainly is not.

The only time quicksave is 'disabled' is when you're surrounded by threat, detected for obvious reasons otherwise not. I've saved the game in that tower with no issue. And since you can drink potions and apply whatever effects you're applying that means you're in a safe area so quicksave should work.

Last edited:
It most certainly is not.

The only time quicksave is 'disabled' is when you're surrounded by threat, detected for obvious reasons otherwise not. I've saved the game in that tower with no issue. And since you can drink potions and apply whatever effects you're applying that means you're in a safe area so quicksave should work.

No. False

Battle versus the dragon, The tower has been destroyed, you need to up the ruins to fight it, It has even ben set an automatic savepoint.

I can meditate, I can take potions, I can use poisons and others in the sword.

But I cannot kicksave.

It is a hard combat that one wrong move means death, in dark mode, And I know it for sure cause I did it, one month ago. Each time I had to do the same battle preparation.

No kicksave for me, for sure.

If you deliberately pick a harder difficulty for a game you've never played before then all the hurdles you come across are... 'well deserved'.
You do realize... difficulty could be changed during the game?
Not sure if you are joking or troll for more easy posts gains. I pretend you have no idea, You do realize... we are talking about dark difficulty. I dont have to read any books to know you can't jump between dark and easy to gain armors. bless.

You do realize... we are talking about dark difficulty. I dont have to read any books to know you can't jump between dark and easy to gain armors. bless.

You could drop OUT of Dark Mode any time in the game, you just couldn't go INTO Dark Mode. So anyone who made a mistake by picking too hard a difficulty level could leave any time they want.

And keep it civil please.

No. False

Battle versus the dragon, The tower has been destroyed, you need to up the ruins to fight it, It has even ben set an automatic savepoint.

I can meditate, I can take potions, I can use poisons and others in the sword.

But I cannot kicksave.

It is a hard combat that one wrong move means death, in dark mode, And I know it for sure cause I did it, one month ago. Each time I had to do the same battle preparation.

No kicksave for me, for sure.

I experienced the same thing myself. It actually made me hate the drinking animation because after every reload I had to drink potions and go through it each time.

I experienced the same thing myself. It actually made me hate the drinking animation because after every reload I had to drink potions and go through it each time.

Comrade!!!! :___D

I not hated drinking potions... I hated that I cannot kicksave at a point that I was able to meditate.

What if there was an armor set in Witcher 3 that required the Dark Mode armor sets from Witcher 2 as part of the ingredients? That way, you would have to beat Witcher 2 and Witcher 3 on Dark Mode in order to get it.

I'd rather have all the awesome armor sets available in every playthrough
But people like being rewarded for putting in more effort than other people. Besides, if the Dark Mode armor sets in The Witcher 2 were available on lower difficulty levels you would one-shot most of the enemies.

But people like being rewarded for putting in more effort than other people. Besides, if the Dark Mode armor sets in The Witcher 2 were available on lower difficulty levels you would one-shot most of the enemies.

As I said in the same post that was quoted, "even on Dark, I stopped changing armors when I got to the Act2 Dark Armor because was my favorite -- didn't matter that the Act3 armor was 50% stronger."

There comes a certain point in the game, usually mid-end game, where it doesn't matter what armor you're wearing because your mid-game armor is good enough and/or Geralt -- from a gameplay perspective -- is strong enough to kill enemies even without wearing any armor.

And I say this even though I start all W2 playthroughs on Dark (for the Act 2 armor), and will be playing W3 on Dark too. I found my very first attempt at Witcher 2 on Easy harder than subsequent Dark playthroughs.

Last edited:
Voting Yes to Dark Mode only if there is a actuall difference in difficult compared to HARD.

Just a suggestion; Dark mode could put some sort of limit to Geralt abilities e.g sign cooldown is increased significantly so you can't reuse the same spell every 3 or 5 sec. Or put limit on how many times Quen or can be used in a battle. Or no Quen at all and Igni damage and stun chance is reduced by 30%. Dunno I would prefer to play the game without those buffs, pretending they don't exist isn't fun.

Dont recreate this mode just for few pieces of armor or weapons make a change that effects gameplay as well maybe few npc's blocking some answers etc.

There is significant difference compared to hard, and the dark armours are completely optional and you don't need to get them if you don't want to that's not what I always play Dark but because it's a great difficulty that makes you use everything you have at your disposal efficiently.

It is. Dark Mode is clearly harder than hard. Notably. If you have no problems with it you are an awesome gamer, but it exist.

Top Bottom