Dark Mode for the The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt

+
Dark Mode for the The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt

What the tittle says, i would like to see a Dark Mode in this just like The Witcher 2, i really had fun on that mode, it had the best looking armor sets and steel and silver swords, ps sorry for my bad english, still learning.

I'd rather have all the awesome armor sets available in every playthrough; if someone wishes to be overpowered in Easy, so be it. Since it's a single-player game, it doesn't affect my experience in any way. Besides even on Dark, I stopped changing armors when I got to the Act2 Dark Armor because was my favorite -- didn't matter that the Act3 armor was 50% stronger.

Dark Mode will be implemented. It was already confirmed.
Someone from the development team told about adding some kind of Dark Mode later after release. They are not sure yet what kind of difficulties they will add. They will see how gamers will cope with ordinary difficulty levels (3 levels, as in previous games), listen to our opinions and then come up with something.

Dark Mode will be implemented. It was already confirmed.
Someone from the development team told about adding some kind of Dark Mode later after release. They are not sure yet what kind of difficulties they will add. They will see how gamers will cope with ordinary difficulty levels (3 levels, as in previous games), listen to our opinions and then come up with something.

Ok wel they can keep the same difficultie level what The Witcher 2 had, it was really nice, when playing in darkmode, in the beginning of the game it was incredible frustrating to keep alive in the prologue, but after that u reach floatsam darkmode really starts to get kicking in good, and i mean really dam good :)
I couldnt finish darkmode with keybord and mouse, i used a wireless 360 pad :)

Better be a decent difficulty at dayONE if not I will play only later! I dont like that boring easy difficult games...

I finished with KB/Mice...

As long as you don't have to farm for hours to get the dark armours/weapons. They can make it very difficult instead :p

That said, my first playthrough in TW2 was on normal, and then I replay in Dark and since then every playthrough I've ever done has been on Dark, it just feels like what I'm used to now.

Last edited:
I'm currently playing dark, and it's a pain to get the armors/weapons. I only got the second, since it's pretty decent, I like how it looks the most from all 3, and I couldn't save up for both the first and second. The third one is way too expensive, both for mats and orens. Plus you get it way too late in the game, it's not like you need it that much by then and you don't really get to savor it and the trouble you got into to craft it. The idea is good though. It just needs some balance. Either in all modes but hard to find and craft, or only in dark, and the chance to get it early enough to have fun with it.

You could craft every dark mode set just with quests and looting houses, no need for extensive monster farming. I liked economics in dark mode, i never had too much orens but i was never broke.

I had only one problem with dark mode armors - when i wanted to craft third set i found out i don't have enough gargoyle dust. This was a huge problem, because i already did all quests involving gargoyles - from bygone era, secrets of loc muinne and runes of power. If you complete these quests there are no more gargoyles in game and it's impossible to get third set without enough garg. dust. I had to load save from earlier (like 5 hours lost).
I hope they won't do something like this in TW3

Insane mode woul be great too...but never played!

As long as you don't have to farm from hours to get the dark armours/weapons. They can make it very difficult instead :p

That said, my first playthrough in TW2 was on normal, and then I replay in Dark and since then every playthrough I've ever done has been on Dark, it just feels like what I'm used to now.
lmao! I finished with that start armor/weapon...could be it why its was too hard but still pleasurable! :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the thing: I don't want different difficulty modes anymore.
Yeah, it's not a very popular opinion, but as I see it, games should be played exactly like the developers intended, and difficulty levels are just confusing.
Before you say stuff like: "the highest difficulty mode is the way to go", remember modes in different games like Skyrim's just-scale-the-monsters-up legendary mode and even TW2's weird insane mode

games should be played exactly like the developers intended, and difficulty levels are just confusing.
Well you can continue playing on Normal for that.

I like the added challenge in harder difficulties. TW2's Dark forced me to focus on positioning, using my powers to the max potential, focus more on movement if I want to survive etc. It was a high risk, high reward style and I did like that. They didn't just slap more health to enemies, make them hit harder and make our hits trivial like how Skyrim's Legendary did.

Easy, Medium, Hard, Insane.

Do we really need more difficulty settings? Just rename Hard to Dark mode. I couldnt tell the difference between easy and medium in W2. Game should inform new players what is the difference between all the difficulty settings. What comes with the package.

Yes. Dark mode. And I also want a "veteran normal" for my first playthrough. I know I'll find normal too easy and hard too hard on the first shot. Please give us an in-between difficulty!

Top Bottom