Dark Mode Play-through

+
Dark Mode Play-through

I haven't been very active on these forums lately but for those who don't know me I'm a long time Witcher fan. I've been on these forums since before the first Witcher game was released. Last time I played TW2 was at the end of last year so I decided another play-through was due! This will be my first time playing on Dark mode and also my first time playing since the game was updated with the EE patch. I'm going to post links in this thread to videos of a complete play-through, from start to finish! I'm very rusty so I'll most likely die a lot... Enjoy!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN2Yxhl8zEE&hd=1[/media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34YXhaIo5oU&hd=1[/media]

Only two videos can be in one post so here are links to the rest:​

Part 03​

Might I make the humble suggestion of foregoing the dark mode gear. It has an annoying effect and it unbalances the game. Either way, have fun. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. And yes, I had previously read that using the dark mode gear tends to get annoying after a while due to the sound/visual effects that go along with it. I know Dragonbird made a mod to get rid of these effects but if they imbalance the game then I'll probably just skip them altogether. I might make one set of the gear just to experience it for myself and then not use it anymore. Even though I know it's quite expensive to get all the materials to do so

freakie1one said:
Thanks for the suggestion. And yes, I had previously read that using the dark mode gear tends to get annoying after a while due to the sound/visual effects that go along with it. I know Dragonbird made a mod to get rid of these effects but if they imbalance the game then I'll probably just skip them altogether. I might make one set of the gear just to experience it for myself and then not use it anymore. Even though I know it's quite expensive to get all the materials to do so

With the mod, you also lose the bonus/curse. Personally, I think that rebalances the game slightly as the swords are overpowered in their vanilla form, especially if you get them fairly early in the chapter. One other option is to get the armour and so on, but not the swords.

I always get the armor, because it looks great (well, the kinslayer's looks great with a replacement mod... :D ).
I don't bother with the swords, because I love stuffing my weapons full of runes - no rune slots, no fun.

I completed my very first playthrough on Dark mode and it was great. I got the Oathbreaker armor and it looks fantastic. Unbalances the game? Meh, if you're a skilled player, dodge a lot, use quen, you won't be taking any damage anyway. What armor you wear is inconsequential. I loved every second of that amazing game and I do recommend getting the Oathbreaker just because of how it looks! Skip the swords though.

Guest 3593423

Playing the Dark Mode on the 360, and yeah, the armour does make it far less challenging.

I keep playing after work (when I'm tired) and making silly mistakes. I was fighting some monsters and then switched to fighting elves and forgot to switch swords. After not playing for a year the rust is quite thick! I'm slowly starting to get the hang of the combat mechanics again. Most of it seems to be relearning the attack patterns of different monsters.

Another mistake was I didn't award any level-up points until I was level 6. I wasn't aware that you had to meditate before going into the character screen to assign points on the harder difficulty settings

Top Bottom