Dark Souls II

+
Dark Souls 2 Infinite Humanity Strategies Revealed By Players
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Da...ity-Strategies-Revealed-By-Players-62829.html

It's not just incredibly hard, it's really quite pretty: Dark Souls II
Jump into a bonfire, see the world http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Da...ity-Strategies-Revealed-By-Players-62829.html

‘Dark Souls 2’ PC release date delay, PS3 and Xbox 360 comparison discussed
http://www.examiner.com/article/dar...e-delay-ps3-and-xbox-360-comparison-discussed

Yep, I'm definitely "going dark" until the PC version is released. With all this stuff showing up around the place, I think it's for the best.

Over the next two weeks, Dark Souls veteran Rich Stanton will be documenting his thoughts and experiences as he plays through the game. Join him as he enters Drangleic for the first time...

DAY FOUR: GARGOYLES AND CHANGING GEARS
My first three days in Dark Souls II were constrained by life. I had to do other things that reduced my time per day to two or three hours, but not today baby; we're going in full-throttle and I expect big results.

Yep, I'm definitely "going dark" until the PC version is released. With all this stuff showing up around the place, I think it's for the best.

Yeah I support your idea. I too, have to wait for the PC version. This shit is agony! It's rather incredible how hard it is to avoid spoilers nowadays, with youtube subscriptions and facebook updates constantly harassing you!

Over the next two weeks, Dark Souls veteran Rich Stanton will be documenting his thoughts and experiences as he plays through the game. Join him as he enters Drangleic for the first time...

DAY FOUR: GARGOYLES AND CHANGING GEARS
My first three days in Dark Souls II were constrained by life. I had to do other things that reduced my time per day to two or three hours, but not today baby; we're going in full-throttle and I expect big results.

Dude is somebody paying you for posting this? This sounds like some kind of viral marketing campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tbLxKKCNQM#t=3654

According to this video 1:00:54 console friends should be glad that they changed graphics in console version.

Last edited:
Yes, the game is "silky smooth", with no drops even during the most crazy fights. Even on 360, which is a really weak machine, the game runs like a beast. By the way, an addition of torches helps a lot, they make dark locations look absolutely stunning.

Yeah I support your idea. I too, have to wait for the PC version. This shit is agony! It's rather incredible how hard it is to avoid spoilers nowadays, with youtube subscriptions and facebook updates constantly harassing you!

I can imagine how annoying that is. Fortunately for me, I don't have an account with any of them!

You know, everytime I check the forums I'm kinda surprised there's no new threads regarding Dark Souls 2. Or any new posts in here. It's a bit surprising.

But then it hit me. Everyone is waiting for the PC version :p At least, that's the impression I get. And for any console dude out there, thanks for not spoiling anything!

Well, some things are different. Enemies stop re-spawning after about 12 deaths. It is good because we won't have to cut through a crowd on monsters on our way to the boss fight for the 20th time. Even though with a limited number of souls it looks like we can screw up our builds, but I think the game allows to re-distribute all souls.

In my experience we can't shoot our way through the game like in DS1. Bows and cross-bows are useful, but, unlike in DS1 and completely cheating in this regard DemS, they do way less damage than good melee weapons. So in boss fights I have to stick to melee only, and now, after I learned to dodge properly, it is quite all right. All my bosses thus far are killed in melee, and I aim to keep doing it this way (unless we have to use some sort of a trick to kill them).

Stats and levels changed. For example, if in DS1 endurance covered both carry weight and stamina points, now they are in two different stats. Level cost is adjusted accordingly, so each level costs much less. I guess everyone will be level 100 in the mid-game, while in DS1 and DemS we could end the game being level 45-65.

Last edited:
I heard dex weapons aren't so good in DS2, is that true?

It looks this way. In DemS and DS1 I liked to use spears, and always aimed for high dexterity, but here, when I tried the same, I noticed that I was much better off with the sword. Also it seems for the same damage weapons based on dex require higher dex than weapons based on strength.
But I decided to go for the strength build, so I can't really say. May be if to go for dex build things change later in the game, and dex characters will have an advantage over str characters.

To those who don't already have one - and don't want to pay through the nose for a copy on eBay - the Dark Souls II Collector's Edition Guide is available on Amazon for £20. For the more patient amongst you, I would suggest ordering the superior US version. It's a superb guide, it really is.

Last edited:

PS3

PC

http://www.ign.com/wikis/dark-souls-2/Dark_Souls_II_Graphics_Comparison

Basically it's just a little sharper and the draw distance is better also few highlights and shit are added some enemies are shinier than the console version. Hopefully FROM is making PS4/XBOX1 version with the updated graphics from the demo and PC gamers only need to patch. I didn't expect a huge difference as nobody in Namco or FROM are PC gamers, CDPR should send some of their people over there and they could learn from each other and all that.

What's really important is the 60 motherfucking fps! and 3-5 second loading screens because we will be teleporting a lot in this game. It was torture to play on the damn console because of this, also keyboard support is good now.

hate how it's been delayed for 2 months though, the videos basically say the game is done and there's no more reason to delay it. I'm thinking the Namco assholes want to get more money by having hardcore fans buy the game twice. I'd do the same if I was in their place but man I really wanna play this damn game.

Last edited:
As a man who completed Dark Souls with a keyboard and mouse, I really hope it's good this time.

Man. There's barely any difference. 2 months for nothing then...

I mean yeah, the 60 fps is nice and all but honestly, the 30 fps in Dark Souls never bothered me so... Yeah. I'm getting royally fucked in the ass by From. Can't say I appreciate it. 2 months. 2 fucking months. And this is it?

Also, I gave up on the waiting. I've already watched a bunch of walkthroughs on the game. Couldn't wait any longer. Man. Namco sure are some viciously evil cocksuckers. From know game design but they sure don't know how to treat us PC folks right. I'm doubly happy now that RED exist.

Bah. I'm in a foul mood. Imma take a break.

As a man who completed Dark Souls with a keyboard and mouse, I really hope it's good this time.

WOW! Damn dude. I don't know if I should be frightened by your reckless disregard for your own sanity or revere you for your unyielding tenacity.

I played Dark Souls with a keyboard and mouse for about 30 seconds before I alt+F4'd my way out of that game. It was just fucking unplayable. You kicked with, what, E? You dual handed your sword with alt? It was a mess to say the least. It didn't feel right at all and the buttons weren't organically mapped out to what the player would be using the most/the least etc.

So, yeah. I can't even imagine playing it without a controller. And yes, DkS made me buy one. I hope that the controls will be better this time around as well. My sympathies otherwise :p

But I don't know. Delaying the game for two months just so they could optimize the controls and nothing else? The comparison videos don't impress me. One fucking bit. Not worth it. Durante fixed their game in like a half an hour after the first one was released on PC. From really sucks when it comes to PC development huh.... Oh well.

Top Bottom