Dark Souls III

+
I'm impressed by Fromsoft level design

Yeah, it's pretty impressive. I think it's quite close to the level of DS1, very well done. Enemy placement and design is quite amazing, and boss rooms and bosses itself are quite spectacular, though not that difficult, excluding a few. I mean 9/10 of the consistent deaths comes from some carefully placed tough enemy on a level design.

Enjoying the hell out of this game that's for sure. :)

Guest 3847602

Karma is a bitch :rofl:

What A GAME, btw... :thumbsup:

Guest 3847602

How are M&K controls?

It's definitely playable so far (~7 h into the game), I don't feel the need for mouse fix mod like it was the case for DS1. The controls displayed on the screen are still for the gamepad, that sucks, but I got used to them after some time...

Where the hell came that thing from

Skeleton Superman :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing a bit more today and is it just me or are the enemies in the game much harder this time around? They do more damage and are faster and more aggressive. I can see why a lot of players are turned off by the game, to some players it will be too hard. I've died quite a few times now to undead dogs and Darkness-possessed Hollows so obviously I need to get better.

I've been playing a bit more today and is it just me or are the enemies in the game much harder this time around?

I've heard people's opinions that it is the easiest Souls game, and that it is the hardest Souls game. Though as far as I know, the people who played before the official west launch, and said it was easy, did play with the old patch made for review copies which was considerably easier.

My own opinion: I think it's quite damn challenging, and the more aggressive enemies might make it the hardest Dark Souls yet. I'm getting totally massacred on some mob types even when I give my every bit of focus. It's crazy at some points. The bosses aren't that challenging, but plenty of enemies are just a nightmare.

I started NG+ earlier today and I must say that the difficulty scales well after the first area. It's tough... :)

I've heard people's opinions that it is the easiest Souls game, and that it is the hardest Souls game. Though as far as I know, the people who played before the official west launch, and said it was easy, did play with the old patch made for review copies which was considerably easier.

My own opinion: I think it's quite damn challenging, and the more aggressive enemies might make it the hardest Dark Souls yet. I'm getting totally massacred on some mob types even when I give my every bit of focus. It's crazy at some points. The bosses aren't that challenging, but plenty of enemies are just a nightmare.

I started NG+ earlier today and I must say that the difficulty scales well after the first area. It's tough... :)

So it isn't just me then. :nice:

Yeah you have to be more aggressive yourself in order to compete with enemies in this game as if you keep guarding, they'll just attack non-stop until your stamina runs out. Then you're screwed.

Yeah you have to be more aggressive yourself in order to compete with enemies in this game as if you keep guarding, they'll just attack non-stop until your stamina runs out. Then you're screwed.

Yeah I myself like the pace of the game a lot, it keeps you on your toes all the time. Very, very stressful at times but a lot of fun. I found my calling from Katanas. Works so well against bosses and enemies who has a small window for attack, which seems to be the case with most of them, lol.
It seems that to play actively with a shield and guard-style requires lots of stamina and a strong greatshield. And still the enemies just probably combo you down from the nearest cliff if you keep blocking, lol.

Definitely feels harder to me, compared to DS 2 and Bloodborne (Can't comment on DS1 and Demon's Soul, as I haven't played them). The game is definitely really good, but I am not enjoying it as much as I enjoyed Bloodborne. Will definitely finish it once though :)

Has anyone here played "Lords of the Fallen",

Yeah. I played it through once and enjoyed it, although it is technically Dark Souls but weaker in every aspect possible.

It has some interesting ideas, some fun boss fights and areas, which looks gorgeous.. It is very slow paced compared to the newer Souls like DS3 and Bloodborne.

Can't remember much about the story but it's some bonus that it has some minor dialogue and voiced protagonist in it. It is one of the kind game, that sequel - which is already confirmed - is to be the much more polished and all over better game than the first one. As it still tries out many things, many of them works and many not so much.

If you like Souls and don't mind something slightly different in the genre, I think it is worth to play through once. Especially if it's free.

Lords of the Fallen was a big disappointment for me. My opinion here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/16937-Lords-of-the-Fallen?p=1450852&viewfull=1#post1450852

That's the second time I'm saying it, but I'm really in love with the level design. With "next-gen" depth of field (something DaS1 and 2 obviously lacked), it makes a very coherent world. Every shortcut I enabled surprised me, I keep on thinking "oh, that's what I saw 10 hours before, didn't think I could go there".
The first area was the hardest for me. Now I only die 2 or 3 times for every area with a vigor/strength build (using the basic Longsword, my favourite since DaS1).
I kept on killing a lot of the first bosses on my first try though (I played offline). DaS2 DLCs were so hard for me that I'm pretty much ready for almost anything now.
There is also some "dark" humor here and there. There is even a kind of "romance" option, but à la Dark Souls, and it feels so good that a game have that mediocre modern "plot mechanic", only to make fun of it (dark fun, of course):
You'll have to literally put a sword through your husband/wife corpse's face.

Last edited:
There is also some "dark" humor here and there. There is even a kind of "romance" option, but à la Dark Souls, and it feels so good that a game have that mediocre modern "plot mechanic", only to make fun of it (dark fun, of course):

Yeah there is a lot of good character interactions in this game. Some emotional and some quite humoristic in their own way. That alternative ending quest line was quite amazing and that ending - under your spoiler tag - was quite Souls-like, lol. Also Siegward quest line is amazing. :)
-
I think I oneshotted 3 bosses total on my NG. Usually 3-5 attempts on the tougher ones was enough.
If you kill or already killed The Nameless King on your first try, that's good! Even on STR build, which is inevitably strongest in DS3.
Probably my favourite fight in the game and that took some good amount of attempts and focus to take down.

Top Bottom