Dark Souls on PC - anyone want?

+
Dark Souls on PC - anyone want?

http://petitionbureau.org/DarkSoulsForPC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUXw86Vn8ko&feature=g-u&context=G206e474FUAAAAAAAAAA
http://forums.namcobandaigames.eu/showthread.php?t=96407
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/06/the-quest-for-dark-souls-on-pc/#comment-page-8

Sign, watch, read.

I wouldn't mind :) But I don't think I can wait another years for it, so I'll just buy it on Xbox.

I want. I'm a pure PC gamer so the more great console exclusives get to the PC, the better :D
But seriously, Dark Souls (and Demon Souls) are games that make me wish I had a console. (And some others too).

Some games almost tempt me to buy another console (after seeing a comparison between my 360 and a PC, I've gone strictly PC, using the money I got from selling the console and its games to upgrade). This is one such game, but in the end, I realize that by purchasing such a game, I'll be supporting an inferior gaming system with money I could be spending on games that work on the platform I prefer.

I don't have a console. It is better if more console exclusives are ported to PC I think but there'll always be new RPGs for PC. Either better than Dark Souls or worse. So I don't mind it too much if they don't release it for PC. I'm not an RPG-buff anyway.

I love if they did Dark Souls for PC.
I'd like to play that game, but I haven't PS3.
I prefer spend my money in new parts for my PC than buy a PS3.

I don't think it happens.
Sony likes to keep the big titles only for its platform.

I may get to play Dark Souls let say ...

.. 5 years from now, on a new rig, when some one manage to emulate PS3 on PC and you can get old PS3 in ebay for pennies.

TB says this generation of consoles have already been out for 7 years. It is a long time considering previous generations' life span. It may be soon the time next-gen consoles are out. If I buy a console, I think I'll wait for them.

e-ahmet said:
TB says this generation of consoles have already been out for 7 years. It is a long time considering previous generations' life span. It may be soon the time next-gen consoles are out. If I buy a console, I think I'll wait for them.

Rumor has it that they will be shown next E3. The new Nintendo console is already known.

e-ahmet said:

CES - Consumer Electronics Show - starts next week. There are rumours that MS is going to announce something new, but rumours only.

Good place to announce new console, let's wait and see.

I couldn't care less about buying a console. I'm and will always be a PC gamer. The whole "exclusive" concept annoys me to no end though so if there is a way to make games available for everyone I'll support it.

Unfortunately, having games on all platforms AND developers looking to satisfy the casual console hordes results in poor gaming titles.

So, here we have a dilemma. Shall we support multiplatform so that we can play all games? or should we support clear boundaries between platforms so that each platform can have games that utilize 100% its potential?

I believe that after several years of a LOT of mediocre/consolized games I tend to support the "clear boundaries" camp.

So let's let Dark Souls cling to its precious PS3 and let's PC have it's fair share of strategy and RPG titles with a pure PC mentality.

I'm not going to sign the petition. Mixing platforms and pushing developers to create games that can play on all of them makes games worse IMHO. They lose some of their potential. I prefer a masterpiece than a mediocre game that all gamers can play even if this means that I'm gonna lose some games to the "exclusivity" gig.

I have to disagree with you. I certainly understand you position, and I know how you feel only too well. But when there is a great game, I would want everyone to be able to play it regardless of platform. And multiplatform games are fine as long as they are developed separately for each platform, or PC first then console. And they can always push the release times back so they can achieve the most polish for each individual platform.

And Dark Souls is a game that would work great for PC. It is not too consolized, and the transition could be (more or less) seamless. Also its an action RPG. Those games work on all platforms.

Yes! Dark souls is one of the few game that actually tempt me to buy a console....before I remind myself that that is a stupid idea because I would hardly ever even get to play it unless I bought my own tv as well and I’m not going to spend that much to play 4 or 5 exclusives. It’s an action rpg, I don’t see anything that would prevent it from working on a keyboard and mouse and even if there was you can use a controller on the PC (tho if it required one I’m not sure it would sell that well and be profitable for them)

jjavier said:
I love if they did Dark Souls for PC.
I'd like to play that game, but I haven't PS3.
I prefer spend my money in new parts for my PC than buy a PS3.

I don't think it happens.
Sony likes to keep the big titles only for its platform.

Well.. technically, Dark Souls is also available on the 360. So it a Sony title, meaning, not a PS3 exclusive.

spookyxelectric said:
Well.. technically, Dark Souls is also available on the 360. So it a Sony title, meaning, not a PS3 exclusive.

I have checked and you are right!
My mistake.

Mhmmm... Right after the whole lawsuit thing started I promised myself "Enslaved" would be the last Namco-Bandai game I bought, and Im keeping that promise. Dont want to sound like a crusader here, though, :rolleyes: everyone is entitled to do what they please.

Signed! I would love the further mods and customization of PC-GODLINESS also player balancing. Lastly Dark Souls is such an impressive game run out and buy it if you haven't yet, your welcome.

I just bought it today for Xbox, played a little and I have to say this - anyone who claims to be a true PC Gamer should sign this petition. This console game seems more PC than most PC games nowadays.

Top Bottom