Darkest Dungeon

+
Sounds pretty cool, but more like a turn based strategy game than an RPG to be honest. They seem to put a lot of emphasis on team members and their stress/reaction to events, and to party conformation. But then who are we, the human players, supposed to be? We sure can manage our resources and decide how or if to treat everybody's mental illnesses, but are we the invisible commander without any real voice?

I suppose we will still be able to make decisions such as which path to take and how to respond to certain events. But this really sounds like a strategy game. And don't get me wrong, it sounds like an AWESOME game, regardless of what it is.

Makes me think of Expeditions: Conquistador a bit. That one actually managed to give us the role of the expedition leader (with attributes an all) and have a whole party at our disposal, with internal and external conflicts and an impressive amount of actual role playing and decision making. You should try this game too, it's "low" fantasy/alternate history: the conquest of the Americas as it didn't happen with all the famine, death and meddling that did happen.

Top Bottom