Datafortress 2020 Updated!

+
Datafortress 2020 Updated!

I have had this update ready since 12-12-12... but the host server for the main site wouldn't let me log on with FTP.... a problem still not solved. So instead, I uploaded the update manually... all 1000+files...

The big update is the first installments of the what will eventually be the complete Night City Guide, an expansion on the already incredible sourcebook from R. Talsorian games. At the core of this expansion is the Night City Amalgamated Map and District Guide. This first section details the Combat Zone, and details everything you could possibly want to know about the the people, the gangs, the locations, and the culture within Night City's most dangerous district. This is the first, and by far the largest of the 108 Districts I plan to detail in such a manner.

I have also updated the links again.

And finally, because 110mb.com is still down (seriously, worst host ever) I have uploaded some heavily requested files to drop box and made the links to them available on the front page. The full size Night City Amalgamated and District maps, the District Guide, The Guide To The Combat Zone, and a compilation file of all the relevant files needed to play Cyberpunk 2020 using Interlock Unlimited (Core Rules, Vehicle add-on, Martial Arts add-on, Drugs Add-on, The Cyberpunk 2020 IU conversion guide, character sheets, and the GM screen)

Oh, and I gave a slight update to the front page...

Anyway, check it all out by clicking on my sig, or just go here:
http://datafortress2020.oliwy.net/

Wisdom, are those pages from the early 90's on purpose, or would you like a hand with some html/css, perhaps even a CMS?

I mean... Some pages are a tad...difficult to read. :cool:

Wisdom, are those pages from the early 90's on purpose, or would you like a hand with some html/css, perhaps even a CMS?

I am not a website designer... I know next to nothing about html... I make no apologies for this... Viva le 90's....

I am not a website designer... I know next to nothing about html... I make no apologies for this... Viva le 90's....

Well, it wouldn't be too much effort for someone at some point to straighten up the code a bit. It looks like the site is just in .html files, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal to grab them, edit them, and send them to you. I could do a "remix" of your pages at some point, and then you could check them out and see if they look any better, and decide whether you want to use them. I like fiddling with HTML/CSS anyway, so whether you do end up using them or not doesn't matter.

Well, it wouldn't be too much effort for someone at some point to straighten up the code a bit. It looks like the site is just in .html files, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal to grab them, edit them, and send them to you. I could do a "remix" of your pages at some point, and then you could check them out and see if they look any better, and decide whether you want to use them. I like fiddling with HTML/CSS anyway, so whether you do end up using them or not doesn't matter.

Absolutely, knock yourself out... hope you know what you are getting yourself into... the old girl runs but she is ornery as hell...

If you ask me, it fits perfectly with the general aesthetic of the game - flashy stylized fonts, gridwork in neon colors.... when I picture Netrunning, stuff looks like that.

It could be better. Cleaner, easier to read and find stuff. Be nice not to have to bookmark the sub sections, too. I mentioned this before that subsidiary links would be useful. If the Highlander there wants to help out, that'd be an idea.

Just keep him away from the melee section.

I love the "classic" visuals to the page , long time "borrower" of your material btw Wisdom , just wish somedays that more of the really old school pages were still up or we of the old guard could get them back online for the weefle's to see.

I love the "classic" visuals to the page , long time "borrower" of your material btw Wisdom , just wish somedays that more of the really old school pages were still up or we of the old guard could get them back online for the weefle's to see.

Thanks man...

Who is this/what site did you run?

Once the forum makes that Stun Save and gets back up, I'll have some new suggestions for Arcane Unlimited soon, as well as some ideas for an 'Alchemy Unlimited' add-on to the Drug Lab Unlimited book.
Probably just 1-2 more sessions needed.

Once the forum makes that Stun Save and gets back up, I'll have some new suggestions for Arcane Unlimited soon, as well as some ideas for an 'Alchemy Unlimited' add-on to the Drug Lab Unlimited book.
Probably just 1-2 more sessions needed.

We can go over em by e-mail if you want seth... things have been pretty hectic the last week or so, but I have a bit more free time now...

hope you know what you are getting yourself into.

?

Work's keeping me pretty busy at the moment, so my spare time is sort of limited. I do agree that the retro look is kind of cool though. Would have to think carefully on how to update the site to keep the feel and not make it cheesy. Still, I've been throwing some ideas around, but for now I can't really produce anything concrete.

If only days were like 50 hours long... :cool:

Yo Wisom, I know you're having some issues with the servers and the archives. How much space are they taking up? I might have room on my site to mirror the stuff.

Ok.... The File project and forum are back up.... not usre how long it will last this time, so if you have been looking for a DF 2020 Sourcebook or file, or an Interlock Unlimited file, or have been looking for something off of the archive, grab it while you can.

Anyone who wants to join the DF2020 forum needs to send me an e-mail at wisdomooo at gmail.com with the forum nick they are planning to use, and I will open registration for them... I generally have to keep it closed to keep the spammers and bullshit out.

Top Bottom