Day 1 Builds

+

Guest 4211861

I don't know for sure, but I want a very high Cool attribute, which apparently supports Sniper rifles, Stealth and Cold Blood, whatever that is. It sounds cool to me.

I'll probably have to pair it with some hacking/tech skills too.

I don't normally play stealth builds, but high Cool sounds sooo good.

Here's an idea:
body 4 (+1)
refl 4 (+1)
int 4 (+1)
tech 5 (+2)
cool 5 (+2)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played so many "I was never there" stealth builds in RPGs that for once I'll play something else first.

I'll primarily go for a sort of cyber duelist street kid female. An expert in hand to hand combat with mastery of every type of melee weapon imaginable. She'll also wield a big ass handgun and shotgun as alternative weapons to mix it up but still keep that close range style.
So very similar to the "in your face" rangers from Xcom if anyone know them.

She'll also be competent in hacking, but only humans.
One of her main ways to flatline her ennemies will revolve around weakening/disorienting them with quick hacks mid or pre combat to finish them off with her weapons.

In the end, I plan to play her as a messy assassin that sucks at precision, stealth and long range weapons but is swift, agile and deadly at close range.

I guess her stats from best to worst will be:
Body
Reflex
Intelligence
Cool
Tech

(fingers crossed for viable melee builds)

Last edited:
(fingers crossed for viable melee builds)
No reason they shouldn't be viable.
Body is both physical strength and resilience (i.e. hit points), reflex seems to be primarily for firearms so not terribly important for a melee build, intelligence is for hacking, cool may be useful for melee IF it represents willpower/morale/or similar, tech is primarily for crafting.
Don't expect a character focused on melee to to have much in the way of other skills tho, some sure, lots, doubtful. But this should apply to any build. You can be great at anything, mediocre at the rest.

No reason they shouldn't be viable.
Body is both physical strength and resilience (i.e. hit points), reflex seems to be primarily for firearms so not terribly important for a melee build, intelligence is for hacking, cool may be useful for melee IF it represents willpower/morale/or similar, tech is primarily for crafting.
Don't expect a character focused on melee to to have much in the way of other skills tho, some sure, lots, doubtful. But this should apply to any build. You can be great at anything, mediocre at the rest.

Hmm, indeed. I might have to make some change. I remember that cool has a perk that gives a chance to stagger people when fast attacking. But reflex also has the blade tree and melee attack speed according to previews! Unless they change that. I feel like it's gonna be hard to commit to a specific stat

I want a stealth character, but need more evidence of stealth being good before committing to that, otherwise, i will just go guns blazing.

Corpo netrunner.
I didn't think of what the stats could look like. But I do want to try some crafting.
Now I wish if there were some stats to influence speech so I can try to talk my way, instead of going stealth or not.

Cold Blood,

Cold blood is apparently something that boosts your damage when your health drops low.

but need more evidence of stealth being good before committing to that

Has there ever been a singleplayer adventure RPG where stealth was NOT good? Since stealth can circumvent obstacles, it is nearly always good. But I havent seen much anything about stealth in the ingame footage, apart from seemingly oblivious enemies that wont notice you when you are in clear sight..

Guest 4211861

Now we know a little bit more about how the stat system is going to work.

Body gives health and strength, helps control recoil and improves shotguns and heavy weapons.
Reflexes give faster reactions and are for pistols/revolvers/rifles and blades. It also raises crit chance and attack speed (slash slash slash).
Intelligence is for hacking.
Tech gives extra armor and lets you craft weapons, also to repair broken devices so you can use them in the world. Tech also boosts "tech weapons", that pierce cover.
Cool is for stealth and stealth takedowns. It also increases crit damage a little.

Post your starter build. Note that all stats begin at 3 and you get 7 points to share between 5 stats.. Here's mine:
  • Body 4
  • Reflex 5
  • Int 3
  • Tech 4
  • Cool 6
It's a blitz fighter, who gets close to targets by stealth, then starts spraying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Body 3 +1
reflex 3 +1
Intel 3 +1
Tech 3 +2 for the Crafting (making the eddys)
Cool 3 +2 for the stealth

CP2077 Stats.jpg

I hope this is still current

I suppose I'd probably go a "Mechanic/Technology Expert/Buff Nerd" route my first run. I try to make characters that are as much like myself as possible for a first run when it comes to these types of games.
Body: 5 (+2)
Dex: 3
Int: 5 (+2)
Tech: 5 (+2)
Cool: 4 (+1)

I'm naturally a beefy kid (thank you Scottish heritage/weight training) and I have a decent immune system so boost Body a bit. I'm not exactly clumsy and I do have pretty good coordination, but I'm not flexible or acrobatic at all so Dexterity balances out. Admittedly, my real word Intelligence is probably only a 4 (if we assume 3 to be average for humans), but I don't think I can really put that last point anywhere else. I adore building stuff and messing with technology when I get the chance so I boosted that. Even though I'm a big guy, I oddly don't stand out too much and can, for some bizarre reason, sneak up on people without meaning to. Maybe because I'm just quiet? IDK.
As I go along, I'm probably going to rely a lot on Hacking and Tech to get through obstacles. I also imagine a touch of Stealth will make hacking and such a lot easier. However, I will definitely fall back on my physical strength if the need arises (lookin' at them Gorilla Arms/Heavy Weapons).

Body - 3
Reflex - 6
Intelligence - 4
Tech - 3
Cool - 6

It'll probably look something like that.

Body - 3
Reflex - 3
Int - 5
Tech - 5
Cool - 6

Corpo background.

Bad with guns because there has never really been need for them. There was always someone else to soil their hands in blood instead for a modest fee.
(And because I want to see, if I actually can be bad with guns.)

Much better with other things, because between the various cokeparties and lavish connoisseuring, life so far - with little actual responsibilities - has been less eventful and there’s been time to get educated.

And in a world like this, intelligence is your best weapon anyway. Along with money.

Last edited:
Body: 7 (6)
Ref: 3 (4)
Int: 3
Tech: 6
Cool: 3

I'm going for a strong solo, heavily armed and armored walking tank. Wasn't sure if there was a stat cap so the stats in brackets are if they cap at 6 starting out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom