Day 1 Builds

+
Body - 3
Reflex - 4
Int - 5
Tech - 4
Cool - 6

I planning to do a talk / hack / sneak sort of play style to avoid combat as much as possible. Backup will rely on reflex skills when things go south. I want to use crafting some too, so I put a point there instead of putting 6 into Int. Body is the dump stat. That seems like a character I could relate to, and will make those situations where V does have to fight feel more intense (I think).

Also, FemV Nomad.

• Body 3
  • Reflex 3
  • Int 6
  • Tech 5
  • Cool 5

I’m going to go for a stealth/exploration build. Any combat will hopefully be far away so my main weapon will be a sniper rifle and my secondary would be a hand cannon

I'm going to start with the nomad lifepath so I'm thinking a techie solo.
  • Body 4
  • Reflex 6
  • Int 3
  • Tech 6
  • Cool 3
I think I'll focus on rifles and tech as my primary skills. Once the game comes out and we can check out all the perks, I'll decide on blades or shotguns for my backup. The carnage shotgun looks pretty wicked; I'll probably try to pick that up pretty early.

Are there stats that affect persuasion? I'd rather use my brain than a gun, have the most options available to me, and get into everything I can.

I will put points in to hand guns tho'. Because sometimes the only retort someone will listen to is a round being fired.
  • Body 3
  • Reflex 5
  • Int 5
  • Tech 3
  • Cool 6

Guest 4211861

Are there stats that affect persuasion?

All I know for sure so far is that Body is the stat used to intimidate people.

I can imagine the types of situations that Reflexes, Intelligence and Cool would be useful in, but I don't want to speculate.

• Body 3
  • Reflex 5
  • Int 5
  • Tech 4
  • Cool 4
Normally I don't like how hacking is ultilized in games, but I'm willing to give it a shot this time.

We already had a thread like this..

I can imagine the types of situations that Reflexes, Intelligence and Cool would be useful in, but I don't want to speculate.

Recent previews imply that cool adds to the dialogue in romance situations.. It is very likely to have dialogue effects, its just hard to predict what kind they are.

Are there stats that affect persuasion? I'd rather use my brain than a gun, have the most options available to me, and get into everything I can.
To the best of our knowledge there are no skills that impact persuasion (the devs want it to be more based on player choice). However a several of the stats may generate unique dialogue options from time to time. I.E. tech might allow V to know some specifics during a discussion about hardware. Int may allow V to recall some specific but of info on hacking. Body may allow V to intimidate better by flexing some muscles. Cool may allow V to keep from being intimidated by someone else. It allows extra dialogue options to pop up if the relevant stat is high enough. There are no persuasion dice rolls though.

Hm...
Body 3
Intelligence 5​
Reflexes 5​
Tech 7​
Cool 3​
A sneaky tech-sniper. Nothing ruins your day like having your eyes randomly reboot on you, only to find your buddy with a hole in his face.​

Reflexes: 6
Cool: 5
Body: 4
Int: 4
Tech: 3

Attribute priority after that is:
Reflexes > Cool > Intelligence > Body > Technical

I am going for a crit based spy/gunslinger type of character, a combination of James Bond and John Wick, dishing out crit after crit with pistols and rifles, complimented by a silver tongue and a bit of stealth and hacking, while wearing slick suits and eventually driving an Aerondight. Considering that I really like crafting in this type of games, Int might be swapped with Tech, if I enjoy it too much to ignore.

Guest 4211861

We already had a thread like this..
I did do a search before posting, but didn't think to search for "day 1", I just looked for "starting build", "starter build", "new game build" etc. :facepalm:

I guess people who missed that one can post here. It's still interesting to see what people come up with and what their logic is.

If were not gonna merge the threads, I will copypaste my earlier post here.
I have decided upon my goal long ago:

female street kid - full combat solo. All the cyber I can find. Forget netrunning.

I cannot be totally sure how to divide the stats without seeing the perk tree, but I will likely have body as my highest stat, as I'm eyeing the gorilla arms and those afaik had a body stat requirement before they could be equipped. Mantis blades are also an option but I'm a bit turned off by the over-exposure... They were after all the first ever thing we knew about CP2077, back in the 2013 teaser trailer.

With high body stat comes lowered recoil on guns, so I will likely wield some high rate of fire SMG/LMG as my firearm. I like good looking pistols and sniper rifles as well.
View attachment 11063981

My second highest stat is likely reflex. With it comes the ability to have higher attack speed, in addition to working well with blades and guns.

The thing that bugs me most, is that I don't know how important stat tech is going to be? Its passive effect is apparently increasing armor, which miiiiiight be important? I dont know? Im not sure. Repairing and crafting stuff, well I don't really value it much, but if its going to be important money gain method, then maybe.. Im mostly worrying about armor.

Another stat I'm not sure about is cool. I wonder how much it will affect dialog options and in what way? I'd imagine it would offer some - cool - moments (sorry). It also increases crit damage and stealth. I don't worry too much about stealth, but that depends on how difficult combat will be. Stealth has a tendency to make things considerably easier in SP RPGs.

Intelligence governs almost entirely netrunning, so its an easy dump stat for me. At least for the first playthru. I'm thinking Im going to make some kind of Mission Vao-style streetwise netrunner in some other playthrough..

Possible starting stats
Body 6
Reflex 5
Intelligence 3
Tech 4
Cool 4
I couldn't find the old one. Send me the link and I'll merge them.

I couldn't find the old one. Send me the link and I'll merge them.

I literally linked it in this thread lol. Heres for the second time

I literally linked it in this thread lol. Heres for the second time

Reading is hard apparently lol. Done.

No matter what I choose I'll most likely get a big ol' case of restartitis about 25 hours in because I didn't distribute the stats entirely to my liking.

I'm going to try an make rich deckard from blade runner an try to put his stats so high intelligence, gun fighting, hand to hand combat.
Rick-Deckard-Costume-1.jpg

Top Bottom