Day dreaming

+
I wish I could be sitting in night city picking random automated missions to do, walking around as a corpo agent doing corpo related things, buying different homes/ getting into the penthouse we have but can't access, buying new cars, new clothes haven't seen before...djnfwdnf;wFN CDPR pls break the silence and vagueness and give us SOMETHING to look forward to. I have played through the game 15 times, and i'm so sad

The penthouse is actually just a "set piece" used in one of the endings. Acquiring it by other means is prohibited because doing so has the possibility of breaking the quest.

Putting it right outside V's apartment window was probably the worst idea ever :ROFLMAO:

I wish I could be sitting in night city picking random automated missions to do, walking around as a corpo agent doing corpo related things, buying different homes/ getting into the penthouse we have but can't access, buying new cars, new clothes haven't seen before...djnfwdnf;wFN CDPR pls break the silence and vagueness and give us SOMETHING to look forward to. I have played through the game 15 times, and i'm so sad

I like those ideas, however the story does not really allow for these things due to V's "condition".

These things would have been more viable if what happened to V actually happened to Jackie and V was doing everything they could to save him. This would allow V to have some breathing space to chill for a moment, and perhaps V needed earn a set amount of money to keep Jackie going on the platinum healthcare plan or something similar?

Either way, the real answer is time, they ran out of it due to the way the project was mishandled.

If it were on top of some other building in another district, most players might never even see it if they didn't go through the ending that uses it. Also, it's kind of out of place in Watson. The architecture seems more suited to City Center. Kind of like the Peralez's penthouse.

Guest 3847602

If it were on top of some other building in another district, most players might never even see it if they didn't go through the ending that uses it.
I mean, why is it important for players to not see it?
Also, it's kind of out of place in Watson.
Maybe a little, but you have at least one gig in Watson (Fixer, Merc, Soldier, Spy) which takes you to luxurious apartment.

I mean, why is it important for players to not see it?

Maybe a little, but you have at least one gig in Watson (Fixer, Merc, Soldier, Spy) which takes you into luxurious apartment.

I thought I pretty much summed that up in my earlier post. It's a "set piece" used in an ending. It has no other use in the game aside from that. Which is why you can't enter it from ground level.

I'm not sure what gig you're referring to. Is it the same location?

Guest 3847602

I thought I pretty much summed that up in my earlier post. It's a "set piece" used in an ending. It has no other use in the game aside from that. Which is why you can't enter it from ground level.
Sure, it can be accessed in only one ending, but it doesn't seem like something that should be kept hidden for the sake of immersion, like The Painted World in TW3's expansion, HoS or Fablesphere in BaW.
I'm not sure what gig you're referring to. Is it the same location?
It's in Watson, but in Kabuki sub-district, not Little China.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, it can be accessed in only one ending, but it doesn't seem like something that should be kept hidden for the sake of immersion, like The Painted World in TW3's expansion, HoS or Fablesphere in BaW.

That's what I mean. They clearly didn't intend for the player to "use" it beyond that particular ending. But because of it's super-obvious location right outside your window, everyone wants it in future content :ROFLMAO:

Not that I think that's a bad idea, mind you. Though acquiring it "after" completing the story seems kind of pointless.

The penthouse is actually just a "set piece" used in one of the endings. Acquiring it by other means is prohibited because doing so has the possibility of breaking the quest.

Putting it right outside V's apartment window was probably the worst idea ever :ROFLMAO:
You mean this?

That is visible from the garage elevator that V uses when getting home after that first Sandra Dorsett gig.
I thought it was ironic that the start and the ending should be so close to each other.

I also thought i's a crap deal that Delamain won't give a real tour of the city through all air corridors. A. Slow. One.

Back to the topic, I find it extremely symbolic. It's like the journey coming to a full circle.

photomode_07082021_110612.png

You mean this?

That is visible from the garage elevator that V uses when getting home after that first Sandra Dorsett gig.
I thought it was ironic that the start and the ending should be so close to each other.

I also thought i's a crap deal that Delamain won't give a real tour of the city through all air corridors. A. Slow. One.

Back to the topic, I find it extremely symbolic. It's like the journey coming to a full circle.

View attachment 11244628

That elevator is on the same side of the building as the apartment window ;)

As for the symbolism, it would be symbolic if all of the endings utilized it, but they don't. Putting it in that location achieved nothing more than a bunch of YouTubers and others claiming that it was "cut content" for months. Some still do. And they made that claim because they didn't play through the ending that uses the location, so had no idea it was a one time use quest location.

Symbolic would be if the location wasn't used at all. Then it truly would be cut content :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom