Day/Night Cycle - Dusk and Dawn need to be shortened.

+
This is a false image.

I grew up in the second most populous city in the United States, and now live in the fourth.

This is not an image of "light pollution". It is a false exposure. I am not talking about what the lens captures, I am talking about what the human eye captures.
In Europe, light pollution increases by 6-12% per year. Add 56 years of such development. Didn't know you had a human eye, the first thing that happened to me arriving to Night City was a cyberware swap out.

sigh... more ridiculous headcanon to excuse away poorly designed game mechanics.
There are 99 poorly designed game mechanics in Cyberpunk, but day/night cycle ain't one. There's a darker night mod for special interest groups. No offense intended, but I suggest you use it instead of polluting the boards with 10th tier requests in rank of importance.

There are 99 poorly designed game mechanics in Cyberpunk, but day/night cycle ain't one. There's a darker night mod for special interest groups. No offense intended, but I suggest you use it instead of polluting the boards with 10th tier requests in rank of importance.

Sorry sport, you don't get to dictate where individual requests sit on the order of importance. My observation about the game is as valid as anyone else's.

Guest 4375874

It's not immersive. The sky doesn't start lighting up at 3:30 AM in Southern California. Anywhere in California, for that matter.
This isn't South California in 2020, it's California in a dystopian future so you cannot make that comparison. I encourage you to read or expose yourself to some other materials in the cyberpunk genre.

When I read the first part of this threads title, I thought it would be about the lack of individual day/night schedules of every NPC (or lack thereof). What a disappointment.

When I read the first part of this threads title, I thought it would be about the lack of individual day/night schedules of every NPC (or lack thereof). What a disappointment.

I don't know why you would think that - the title literally states that I think the dawn/dusk cycles should be shortened.

All you had to do was read it.

Folks, I am on a tear today. I know. Wrong side of the bed maybe.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have light pollution or that it should be pitch black at 6PM, I'm saying that the actual skybox in the game needs to be lit more realistically for the times of day. I don't care how much light pollution you have, the sky at 03:00 in California is still black. Whether or not you can sit in your backyard and see the stars is a different story.

Also wish Panam spoke like me, and not like a suburban waifu robot.

Pffft... just skip time, my dude.

The sky was the color of television, tuned to a channel depicting bright, mid-day Caribbean vistas.... somehow, I don't think that would have worked as well for an opening to Neuromancer.

I know right? Every 3hrs in game time i've got to skip 20 hours....lol....Are we on the steam forums?

It's 06:30:00 and the sun is practically at it's zenith. 6:30 in the morning.

Light pollution, indeed.

20210109120742_1.jpg

Last edited:
This is a false image.

I grew up in the second most populous city in the United States, and now live in the fourth.

This is not an image of "light pollution". It is a false exposure. I am not talking about what the lens captures, I am talking about what the human eye captures.

Night City, 2077, 8:30 PM...
View attachment 11132561
I wouldn't go that far with the whole brightness thing. This is 8PM. Now the sun rising time is wrong.
1610222286370.png

When are they going to fix this? It's so immersion breaking to have the sun start coming up at 02:30AM

Top Bottom