DDimeritium Bomb change

+
DDimeritium Bomb change

Overall I really like changes in new patch a lot, only thing I strongly disagree with is change to Dimeritium Bomb which will now effect gold units.

In my opinion it is more elegant and much simpler to understand when no silver / bronze card could mess with gold cards (with exception of card that could change unit to gold and vice versa) . Now you don't need read silver / bronze card, and you know that they will not effect gold cards. But when they for some reason decided that Dimetrium bomb should work on gold, I could only ask why not weather, why not scorch? Why I could not use Swallow Potion on Geralt now when he could be debuffed with Bomb? It does not make sense for me any more.

The other problem is that this make it even more confusing how this work with promoted units. I read couple reaction that we finally have answer to buffed, adrenaline rushed and Promoted units. And I agree that we should have answer to that. But currently when you turn unit into gold (or back to silver), base power is set to current power. So Dimetrium bomb only remove +2 bonus they get from NR ability, but they keep power they had in moment they were promoted. I would welcome this change and I was kind of excepting it. How Promote currently work is in my opinion confusing and also too strong with units that could return into play each turn (Roach, Olgierd) and with change to this Bomb affecting gold would make at least some sense. But I really doubt this, there is no word about this in patch notes.

I mean I really could not get this. They choose one of best neutral Silver card and make it even little better. With minimal effect on actual game play, but with really big and confusing change how we should look on all future bronze/silver card interactions with gold cards. I think the only card that this change effects a lot is Madmand Lugos. Of course this card was strong but really not broken and you needed deck build around him and they already hit Skellige pretty hard with changes to medics and Shieldsmith. So I really don't know why they hate Lugos so much, that they made changes to how game fundamentaly works because of him? Or did they really need to nerf Yen and Thriss little? Or maybe it is Radovid, so really everybody will play Foltest as NR leader.

Nah, I get it. It must be Djisktra, that cunning bastard. Sure, I saw him in my 100 hours with Gwent exactly zero times in play, but CD project is ahead of us and they know that turning 30 units back from gold and adding 30 power to Djikstra will be real problem in future metagame, so they already make answer to him know.

Last edited:
I agree, pretty useless change, it will only serve to nerf nr a little bit more (will only remove its bonus ability) and certain specific cards like madman lugos.

My guess is that they though that it would serve to counter the adrenaline/foltest/promote combo but forgot how the promote mechanics work. Or this or they changed the promote mechanics, but than again, if they have done that (which i doubt) they had to put it on the patch notes since its a major change for NR players and overall game mechanics.

In my opinion, devs should have added a special neutral Demote card that demoted gold cards to silver/bronze, and left DBomb to how it was. With the way DBomb currently works, devs will need to nerf another aspect of promotion which changes base strength of the card when you promote something.

So yeah, a simple solution would have been to just add bronze Demote cards.

EDIT: Thinking about it a bit more, maybe demote cards in SCO might make them a bit OP. Hmm...

Last edited:
Exentryk;n6980450 said:
In my opinion, devs should have added a special neutral Demote card that demoted gold cards to silver/bronze, and left DBomb to how it was. With the way DBomb currently works, devs will need to nerf another aspect of promotion which changes base strength of the card when you promote something.

EDIT: Thinking about it a bit more, maybe demote cards in SCO might make them a bit OP. Hmm...

I really don't think this card would be OP. I mean currently we have Kaedweni Sergeant, which seems some play, but not too much, and it is practically same card with added 6 power as bonus. Sure this effect will be much more powerful in Scoia deck build around special or Monster deck with weather, but I think this card would be OK at best.

Scoia will be top played now. That spell/card advantage deck already was pretty solid and now the whole faction got a massive indirect buff since was the only one which didnt get a single direct nerf. eithné will cost only 200 scraps too, which will facilitate a lot since she is so better than francesca. Too bad i am some legendaries away from that complete build.

This change should be useful against NR because gold cards are buffed +2. Not sure though either if it's necessary.

Rethas Could you confirm with us the change of the D-Bomb pretty please ?

Does it reset promoted units, or not ?

Patch note seems like it doesnt. We would love more info on that ! Thanks.

Laveley
Fun fact: d.bomb change hits two last resort cards for Skellige pretty hard. I mean both Cerys and Lugos. And it hits NR with removing all those +2s (that is huge if you run a margarita-deck). Both cases are sorta kinda passive buff for monsters.
Oh, and I agree with Exentryk . Neutral demote would be nice. I've played around with kaedweni for quite some time and let me tell you they have lots of utility. And they feel like a nice card for smart plays.

yenni;n6982580 said:
Laveley
Fun fact: d.bomb change hits two last resort cards for Skellige pretty hard. I mean both Cerys and Lugos. And it hits NR with removing all those +2s (that is huge if you run a margarita-deck). Both cases are sorta kinda passive buff for monsters.
Oh, and I agree with Exentryk . Neutral demote would be nice. I've played around with kaedweni for quite some time and let me tell you they have lots of utility. And they feel like a nice card for smart play.
It doesn't hurt Cerys, since her buff was changed to base strength. It definitely hurts Lugos, AND it hurts Hjalmar as well, who was already difficult as it is to use. So it indeed hurts the 2 gold cards from Skellige that could reach the highest number of points. Also hurts Dijkstra btw. Never saw anyone using him, so that's that.
And I also agree with a neutral demote, or having one per faction if not neutral, each in their own style.
When a dev said that promote counter would be added with the patch, I thought that would be one of the two.

Zefyris
My bad, I missed that Cerys change.
I didn't mention Dijkstra because he is not a menace. His synergy with some kind of margarita-deck may be interesting though.

Yeah, yenni, I use the K Sergeant as well in my deck and he is great to convert a great many things. Best fun I've had is messing Borkh up haha!

About neutral demotes, I think the devs will need to evaluate all the current gold cards and see if there is potential for abuse or not. If they can manage that, then yeah, neutral demotes should be fine. And change DBomb to how it was before.

yenni;n6982580 said:
Laveley

Dunno, monsters aint using d-bomb. Its kinda counterproductive. Although d-bomb now is counter productive with lugos and hjalmar, skelliege is by far the faction which is generally benefited most with this card due to self-wound and original buff mechanics. Skelliege players will just not use lugos/hjalmar anymore, its not like they are a must use in skelliege anyways, you still have ermion, cerys, birna, igni, regis and ciri to choose from.

Thinking about it, maybe they did it to put a brake on skelliege.

D-bomb change is silly because it doesn't counter what people want it to counter (Buff+Promote) and it ends up countering bunch of things that aren't really good/hard to use(Henselt, Lugos, Dijkstra, Hlalmarr).

Exentryk;n6980450 said:

We are planning a neutral demote card and we've always planned to have that :)

The Closed beta has just started and there's a lot of changes and cards to come :)

Rethas;n6988330 said:
We are planning a neutral demote card and we've always planned to have that :)

The Closed beta has just started and there's a lot of changes and cards to come :)
I like that answer.
That's a card I really want to see appearing. Only better would have been faction-specific/faction-flavoured demote units just like the kaedweni sergeant x).
Maybe we can get that someday as well. ;p

bre3zer;n6982490 said:
Rethas Could you confirm with us the change of the D-Bomb pretty please ?

Does it reset promoted units, or not ?

Patch note seems like it doesnt. We would love more info on that ! Thanks.

It does not reset promoted units.

I can see why some people assume that is the intention, its not. Promote play is a focus of the next patch :)

Rethas;n6988570 said:
It does not reset promoted units.

I can see why some people assume that is the intention, its not. Promote play is a focus of the next patch :)

Please dont overnerf it like you did with phillipa. NR is already a lot weaker now. Fix the combo that is annoying people, maybe tweak adrenaline rush or foltest, but leave room for a promote centered NR tactic. Dont soft delete other card from the game.

Laveley;n6988840 said:
Please dont overnerf it like you did with phillipa. NR is already a lot weaker now. Fix the combo that is annoying people, maybe tweak adrenaline rush or foltest, but leave room for a promote centered NR tactic. Dont soft delete other card from the game.

I don't believe Philippa is over nerfed she's still very useful at dealing with mass buffed rows.

Rethas;n6989160 said:
I don't believe Philippa is over nerfed she's still very useful at dealing with mass buffed rows.

She is a poor play against a buffed row. Philippa followed by a d.bomb gives you exact same result as weather+clear skies. Except for that extra 12 golden strength for your opponent (and weather+clearskies being bronze, ofc).

Top Bottom