Dead Mods

+
Dead Mods

List of popular dead mods, maybe it'll bring attention to the authors.
Post other popular dead mods so this list stays active.

It's a bit of a dick move to ask people to update mods they make out of their free time but at the same time
it degrades the experience I'm accustomed to and I've noticed that some of the authors are secretly active anyway, just avoiding their mod pages.

Hairworks On Everything But Geralt
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/165/?

Volumetric Clouds Over Skellige
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1302/?

Darker Nights
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/994/?

Weather Enhanced
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/937/?

Lore-friendly Silver Swords - ('Feel the Steel' package)
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/445/?

Tabs Collapsed or Expanded by Default -> Updated to Extended HUD Config http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/892/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/367/?

Last edited:
What is dead about Volumetric clouds over Skellige? Just check the post section.

Posted by
[h=1]GMSBSGhost[/h] UPDATE CONCERNING PATCH 1.21:
I will try to provide an update this weekend. And let me say, I'm more then happy to see you all still enjoy my mod

Also, someone said that there is a new type of clouds in the expansion. I will definitely take a look at it sometime in the future, but probably only after I've played the expansion myself as modding often comes with spoilers. I hope you all understand

Mod updated for game version 1.21!
I just uploaded the new version of my mod fully compatible with the current game version 1.21.
I strongly recommend to do the following before installing my mod:
- Backup you existing "GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\Mods" folder to some different place and then delete it from the above location. This will make sure you have no other mods installed that might conflict with mine.
- Install my mod by following the description on the mod's main page
- Now load up your game and travel to Skellige and you should see the volumetric clouds around you

- Finally you may copy back your previously backed up mod folder to "GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\Mods".
Note:
I strongly suggest to add back your previous mods one by one and boot up the game after adding back any (script based) mod to ensure it doesn't introduce any incompatibilities.
Also, it is best to run Script Merger at least once you’ve added back all your other mods. It can be found here:

Now have a wonderful time enjoying many more hours of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

What is dead about Volumetric clouds over Skellige? Just check the post section.

Posted by
[h=1]GMSBSGhost[/h] UPDATE CONCERNING PATCH 1.21:
I will try to provide an update this weekend. And let me say, I'm more then happy to see you all still enjoy my mod

Also, someone said that there is a new type of clouds in the expansion. I will definitely take a look at it sometime in the future, but probably only after I've played the expansion myself as modding often comes with spoilers. I hope you all understand

Mod updated for game version 1.21!
I just uploaded the new version of my mod fully compatible with the current game version 1.21.
I strongly recommend to do the following before installing my mod:
- Backup you existing "GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\Mods" folder to some different place and then delete it from the above location. This will make sure you have no other mods installed that might conflict with mine.
- Install my mod by following the description on the mod's main page
- Now load up your game and travel to Skellige and you should see the volumetric clouds around you

- Finally you may copy back your previously backed up mod folder to "GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\Mods".
Note:
I strongly suggest to add back your previous mods one by one and boot up the game after adding back any (script based) mod to ensure it doesn't introduce any incompatibilities.
Also, it is best to run Script Merger at least once you’ve added back all your other mods. It can be found here:

Now have a wonderful time enjoying many more hours of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Right and it hasn't been active since. No posts or nothing. Like the author didn't expect there to be another patch any time soon so he took a vacation even though he's secretly active, just not making any posts to the people who're asking for updates to 1.22

The latest patch removed the developer comments from the scripts making the updating process way more time consuming than they should be.

Just give it them time, I am sure most of these will be updated eventually. If you can't wait then roll back to an earlier version of the game or look in the comments section if someone else has managed to update the mods to the latest scripts.

The latest patch removed the developer comments from the scripts making the updating process way more time consuming than they should be.

Just give it them time, I am sure most of these will be updated eventually. If you can't wait then roll back to an earlier version of the game or look in the comments section if someone else has managed to update the mods to the latest scripts.

Rolling back involves downloading a pirated version though and those torrents lose seeders really fast after each update but maybe.

weather enhanced is still working fine for me, 1.21 game version

edit: main version, haven't used the scripts for dialogue, maybe that's the reason

edit2: on the other hand, eagerly awaiting the darker nights update :D

Last edited:
i updated volumetric clouds to 1.21 back then, before the author had time, so i can tell you, it's not hard.
Just copy the current playerwitcher.ws (The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\scripts\game\player) into a new folder
open both that, and the 1.21 volumetric clouds (or 1.12, since no comment there) Look for //Volumetric (it will find probablly like //Volumetric Clouds) and then copy the necessary part into the 1.22 playerwitcher.ws
Just check where the original mod codes are, and try to place to the same place in the new script.
Once its done, put your edited .ws file to the place of modVolumetricClouds, overwrite existing playerwitcher.ws, and you're good to go

I still use the Hairworks on everything but Geralt and it works just fine on 1.22 patch

Not for me.

i updated volumetric clouds to 1.21 back then, before the author had time, so i can tell you, it's not hard.
Just copy the current playerwitcher.ws (The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\scripts\game\player) into a new folder
open both that, and the 1.21 volumetric clouds (or 1.12, since no comment there) Look for //Volumetric (it will find probablly like //Volumetric Clouds) and then copy the necessary part into the 1.22 playerwitcher.ws
Just check where the original mod codes are, and try to place to the same place in the new script.
Once its done, put your edited .ws file to the place of modVolumetricClouds, overwrite existing playerwitcher.ws, and you're good to go

It's 5 am right now so I'm not even going to bother with that, I'll try to figure it out later maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the mods comments, there is a mega link with the mod updated to 1.21 and it still works on 1.22

Have a good day.

Indeed. So why did you do it? How about just being nice and wait?

Saying sorry doesn't detract the insult.

Check the mods comments, there is a mega link with the mod updated to 1.21 and it still works on 1.22

Have a good day.

Nope, tried that and it doesn't work not to mention it's not what I wanted. Hairworked beards + normal hair isn't a part of
that.

you have to ask for an update on each mod's page on the nexus

Yeah, let me just make posts to each and then...
Oh wait.
I've messaged them directly on nexus and still no answer.

@SigilFey if this discussion should be civil, you had to delete this thread. it insults modders, makes them feel bad and in general is inappropriate. Please delete this thread.

---------- Updated at 11:29 AM ----------

I find this thread to be unfair and shockingly harsh. For real: someone takes the time and creates a cool mod and you put this nice person in the stocks for not having enough time or not being up for updating their mods. This is how you destroy a vivid community.

@SigilFey if this discussion should be civil, you had to delete this thread. it insults modders, makes them feel bad and in general is inappropriate. Please delete this thread.

---------- Updated at 11:29 AM ----------

I find this thread to be unfair and shockingly harsh. For real: someone takes the time and creates a cool mod and you put this nice person in the stocks for not having enough time or not being up for updating their mods. This is how you destroy a vivid community.

Either you contribute to the thread by posting dead mods to hopefully remind modders that people enjoy their work and depend on them or find and/or create another existing thread that pertains to your needs.

There is nothing wrong with putting dead mods under the light especially if it helps remind modders or people with the knowledge to update the mods.
Unless your mod is on the list, you have no reason to argue.

Top Bottom