Dead Mods

+
@SigilFey if this discussion should be civil, you had to delete this thread. it insults modders, makes them feel bad and in general is inappropriate. Please delete this thread.

---------- Updated at 11:29 AM ----------

I find this thread to be unfair and shockingly harsh. For real: someone takes the time and creates a cool mod and you put this nice person in the stocks for not having enough time or not being up for updating their mods. This is how you destroy a vivid community.

I feel there is merit to the thread insofar as creating a list of mods that people would love to see updated and working with the present version of the game. That might serve as a petition of sorts to the mod authors. It may encourage them or others to grab up their mod and update it if they see there is still interest in it. No problem there.

It's the inflammatory statements and insults that need to be kept out of the equation.

Guest 3847602

I updated "Volumetric Clouds" mod already to 1.22 for my personal use. Don't know if I'm allowed to share it here, though...

I feel there is merit to the thread insofar as creating a list of mods that people would love to see updated and working with the present version of the game. That might serve as a petition of sorts to the mod authors. It may encourage them or others to grab up their mod and update it if they see there is still interest in it. No problem there.

It's the inflammatory statements and insults that need to be kept out of the equation.

Totally agree with you mod making is hard, we need to thank the mod authors for spending their free time in order to create something all of us enjoy. we need to politely address them, if one doesn't want to update their mod i hope they will give permission to another to continue the work.

I updated "Volumetric Clouds" mod already to 1.22 for my personal use. Don't know if I'm allowed to share it here, though...

Contact the original mod author and ask for permission to release your version of the mod. Most authors are fine with stuff like that, as long as credit is given. If it's okay, upload to the Nexus or wherever, then feel free to come back here and publicize! ;)

That's right, mod author you are now warned, if you don't check with us between two hours after a new patch your mod can be declare dead by an impatient and taken by any other guy able to use script merger properly *ironic*
nothing about the thread tho, but can we talk about mods that are actually dead not ones working perfectly as hairwork on everything which is texture and applied regarless of the patch version..

I appreciate this thread. It's very helpful returning to the game after a while. I was wondering about many of the mods listed after the 1.22 update.

It's best to leave a comment on a specific mod's page. Also, I'm sure they don't want people flooding their inbox.

TW3 has updated/broke mods many times throughout its lifespan. Not all modders actively play the game and it's probably frustrating for them to continuously update their work. They really have no obligation to update. If a particular mod is broken, users will know. Either they'll see it via posts or find out themselves ingame. At this point, it should be common sense to uninstall mods after an update so it doesn't conflict with update files. I'd imagine this is why Asmo chose not to upload to the Nexus.

I don't think this thread is insulting. Unnecessary? Maybe : p

Right and it hasn't been active since. No posts or nothing. Like the author didn't expect there to be another patch any time soon so he took a vacation even though he's secretly active, just not making any posts to the people who're asking for updates to 1.22
Indeed. I didn't expect another patch that soon and had no access to my computer for a couple of days now. I'll try to provide an update for you guys and girls by tomorrow ;)

EDIT:
And a few words from my perspective about this thread being rude or anything: I don't think the thread itself is impolite or harsh. Yes, maybe the title is a little exaggerated, but hey, it's supposed to be "click-baity" and it caught my attention, so I guess it works ;).
What I do like to stress is: keep the comment civil and polite, then there's nothing to say against this thread. I know it can be hard to wait for some mods you so used to play with, been there as well and I also have some of these "dead mods" I update regularly for my personal use. Anyways, I kind a feel good my mod is on the list because it reminds me that I good give some tiny little thing back for the amazing work CDPR delivered to all of us.

Last edited:
Indeed. I didn't expect another patch that soon and had no access to my computer for a couple of days now. I'll try to provide an update for you guys and girls by tomorrow ;)

EDIT:
And a few words from my perspective about this thread being rude or anything: I don't think the thread itself is impolite or harsh. Yes, maybe the title is a little exaggerated, but hey, it's supposed to be "click-baity" and it caught my attention, so I guess it works ;).
What I do like to stress is: keep the comment civil and polite, then there's nothing to say against this thread. I know it can be hard to wait for some mods you so used to play with, been there as well and I also have some of these "dead mods" I update regularly for my personal use. Anyways, I kind a feel good my mod is on the list because it reminds me that I good give some tiny little thing back for the amazing work CDPR delivered to all of us.
It wasn't the title, it was everything else that the OP said, which has been deleted or edited out by the moderators.
This wasn't just a thread of someone asking for mods to be updated.

It wasn't the title, it was everything else that the OP said, which has been deleted or edited out by the moderators.
This wasn't just a thread of someone asking for mods to be updated.
Okay, that's sad then. As I've said, I've been away from my computer, so I (luckily) missed the rude parts of this thread. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that my mod is now offcially ready for game version 1.22 ;): http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1302/?

A few posts got deleted.

A little quote from the forum rules:

When disciplinary action is required our moderators and administrators will discuss the decision privately with that user. Moderation decisions will not be publicly debated and we will not engage in conversation with users who are not directly involved in the incident.

So please, move on with the thread.

Okay, that's sad then. As I've said, I've been away from my computer, so I (luckily) missed the rude parts of this thread. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that my mod is now offcially ready for game version 1.22 ;): http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1302/?

Volumetirc Clouds, right? Great news! And...that's progress!

You're on break, @ooodrin. :p

Also, mod authors are certainly not required to do any more work than they wish on mods. It's donation of their free time. The only thing anyone can really say is "thank you".

Have you tried to find the textures for the volumetric clouds included in BaW ??

Not yet, no, and it will probably take some time before I'll even start playing Blood and Wine. However, I'm definitely planning to have a look at the new stuff that the expansion brings ;)

Top Bottom