Dead Space 4 rumours

+
Dead Space 4 rumours

MOD: False rumour everyone, nothing to see here

Plus, Bioware San Francisco is rumored to have been closed down.
So, what do we make of it? I've created this poll to gather the opinions in this forum. />

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-denies-dead-space-series-cancellation-6404823?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6404823

It boggles my mind that people on the internet willingly believe lies and false statements. "LOL gais EA iz teh evil." A company that's publicly traded has no allegiance to any of you "gamers" or even so called "fans." If you don't like their games, even Origin, you're free to choose anything else you like. No one cares and if you feel the need to feed the well oiled machine of hyperbole, you're part of the problem.

Aver

Forum veteran
Yeah, I thought that that there is something wrong about this news. After all they did put microtransactions there and few weeks after release they announced that microtransactions were successful and they will put it in every game from now on. So if game would fail then they would suspect that it could be caused by heavily criticized microtransactions and they wouldn't be so eager to call them "big success".

The news sounded suspicious to me even when I saw the title of an article at first. But then, as I started reading through it, the moment they mentioned that the source of this information was "unnamed" or w/e, it became pretty clear that it was false.

Ha, ha, I wonder how gaming journos feel like now. All copying & pasting this news all over their front pages.

But still, it got them a few clicks.

Aver

Forum veteran
ReptilePZ said:
But then, as I started reading through it, the moment they mentioned that the source of this information was "unnamed" or w/e, it became pretty clear that it was false.

Yeah, it's stupid. Gaming websites quotes "unnamed sources" even tho usually those news are ending up being false. Anyone can post on Reddit "I'm from company X and guess what? Shit X will happen" and gaming news will start making articles about it. They only encourage next impostors to make more rumour, but I guess that only number of visits does count for them, so they keep posting those "sensational news". Gaming sites these days are on level of "The Sun" or even worse :/

Aver said:
Yeah, it's stupid. Gaming websites quotes "unnamed sources" even tho usually those news are ending up being false. Anyone can post on Reddit "I'm from company X and guess what? Shit X will happen" and gaming news will start making articles about it. They only encourage next impostors to make more rumour, but I guess that only number of visits does count for them, so they keep posting those "sensational news". Gaming sites these days are on level of "The Sun" or even worse :/

There's also the problem of game journalism in which it does not consider itself an outside critic of entertainment, but rather a core part of video games. Look at Jessica Chobot in ME3. How can any journalist look at that and say "wow it's really great that you, as a critic, are now part of the game you'll review and millions will watch in a video review"? It's a problem so I only rely on independent sources and my own research when it comes to buying content.

No offense, but sometimes I feel like this is r/gaming with the misleading titles.

Copying the top comment:

Click on the link and read the update. It's not true. The article is false.
Edit: for the lazy
UPDATE: Dino Ignacio, UI Lead at Dead Space developer Visceral Games, has denied today's story about the end of the Dead Space series.
"The reports of our death were greatly exaggerated," he tweeted. "Please stand by."
EA's US PR team has reportedly called the VideoGamer.com report "patently false".
"While we have not announced sales for Dead Space 3, we are proud of the game and the franchise remains an important IP to EA," an EA spokesperson told Joystiq.
Eurogamer has once again asked EA for clarification.

Pham said:
No offense, but sometimes I feel like this is r/gaming with the misleading titles.

Copying the top comment:

Click on the link and read the update. It's not true. The article is false.
Edit: for the lazy
UPDATE: Dino Ignacio, UI Lead at Dead Space developer Visceral Games, has denied today's story about the end of the Dead Space series.
"The reports of our death were greatly exaggerated," he tweeted. "Please stand by."
EA's US PR team has reportedly called the VideoGamer.com report "patently false".
"While we have not announced sales for Dead Space 3, we are proud of the game and the franchise remains an important IP to EA," an EA spokesperson told Joystiq.
Eurogamer has once again asked EA for clarification.

In view of the update, I've changed the title. :)

Top Bottom