Dear CDPR: Can you at least HOTFIX the no-experience bug?

+
Dear CDPR: Can you at least HOTFIX the no-experience bug?

I understand that you guys want to fix everything...but this no-experience bug is simply game breaking and makes me (and many other players) extremely uncomfortable to go on playing. I mean seriously, shall I keep on playing? How much XP have I lost already? How much more XP will I keep losing? Will I retroactively regain the lost XP if I keep on playing? Etc.

I know that there are already many people have finished the game. I know that the bug has been in existence. I can guess that many if not all of those players have received bugs from them before, and still can finish the game without (major) problems.

HOWEVER, it will make me feel much more comfortable if I know the bug is fixed, or to know that I can keep on playing safely before a fix comes out.

A hotfix just for this progress blocking, game-breaking bug will be EXTREMELY welcome.

- Your fan since Witcher 1

Hi,

Don't think I have seen this problem. Is this some platform specific problem or related to some point in the game when the problem triggers?

CDPR confirmed there is a bug where you are not rewarded EXP anymore for quests after some playtime...

for me it started in the bog quests

Hi,

Don't think I have seen this problem. Is this some platform specific problem or related to some point in the game when the problem triggers?

I actually noticed for a while that I don't get the experience sound effect for a while, but never put any thought into it. Then I saw on Reddit and also on this forums and there is a confirmation that a bug exist, making several (or a lot?) of main/side quests not giving any experience.

I tested it yesterday by myself and to my fear I was suffering from it as well. I repeated a level 12 main quest with my level 15 Geralt with something like 1496/1500 EXP. Got ZERO experience out of it. I watched on Youtube a let's play of the same quest, and the player (level 14 Geralt) got 100 + 200 + 300 + 100 experience at the different steps of whole process.

I think on the long run I will miss out around 3000 to 4000 EXP if I keep on playing - which would mean a loss of 2 or 3 levels, I think, which is actually not THAT a huge loss - and it is making me extremely hesitant to continue.

Of course the WORST thing is...weekend is coming and I have no Witcher 3 to play!!!

+1, they need to fix this ASAP. Not getting XP anymore too... Level 12 Mainquest in Novigrad, the one with the Treasure, you know? :)

Agree. I would be playing the game right now if it wasn´t for this issue. I understand that bugs are inevitable in open world games. Certain visual hiccups and minor glitches occur all the time but they don´t really detract from the overall experience, whereas this bug makes advancing in the game impossible for me. Couple that with the amount of people who are experiencing this bug and it should absolutely be CDPR´s number one priority to get this issue fixed asap.

I can deal with occasional dropped frames and the like. But this bug essentially breaks `questing` which is like 90% of the game.

Apparently this bug was introduced in 1.04 patch? Anyway to revert to 1.03 without reinstalling the whole game? i guess if the bug is effecting you bad and really want to play the game, reinstall it manually off gog and dont download the 1.04 patch

I want XP for "grayed" quests too. Otherwise will be useless doing those quests. I'm avoiding them.

Yes this please!. I'm hesitant to continue because of this bug. Why is CDPR taking their own sweet time? Dang this is not acceptable.

I feel exactly the opposite. Happily doing grey quests for the story so they don't make me even more overleveled.

It's a waste of time because when you need to level-up at high levels you can't. I want the story interesting AND xp gaining together at least.

If it was introduced in a newer patch I will stick to 1.01 hopefully CDPR will rix this EXP bug and bring it into the patch when it is released in my region.

In a way I should be thanking them that it's stopping me from playing the game right now because I have an assignment for uni that's due next week. If it wasn't for the no exp bug I'd be in trouble lol.

Hello everyone,

We've already addressed this situation here.

We are also working constantly to roll out more patches. 1.05 is coming for PC after the weekend while 1.04 on consoles should also follow shortly.

Top Bottom