Dear CDPR, I'm loving the game so far, but...

+

Tuco

Forum veteran
Dear CDPR, I'm loving the game so far, but...

...holy crap, whoever came up with the idea to put "checkpoint saves" which precede big fights just BEFORE conversations should be flogged.

Lol
Was about to create a new topic with this...

So, I just started playing this game, and I am totally loving it. I'm new to the franchise, but it doesn't matter.

So, I wanted a challange, and started the game on Death March difficulty. So far, it's all good.
I started playing and all nice. The problem was, when I started dying lol
Dying is not the problem, the problem is where the checkpointis located. They are made before some conversations. The first one (I belieave is the first one), was right when I noticed it. It's not a big deal, if you're playing on lower difficulties, but on death march, I'm counting on dying a lot, and this is becoming an annoyance.
The major problem with that, is that for you have to skip all the conversation, sentence, by sentence EVERY TIME! xD

At least they have checkpoints in this one on top of the autosave xD. I remember in W2 I would do a bunch of crap and get launched back an hour because I forgot to save.

Lol
Was about to create a new topic with this...
You should press F5 (quick save) button often.
I choose Death March myself too and during 3 hours of gameplay (still 1 lvl) I have died 20+ times)))
Quick save F5 before each combat ruuulllzzz but not save from RIP))))

You should press F5 (quick save) button often.
I choose Death March myself too and during 3 hours of gameplay (still 1 lvl) I have died 20+ times)))
Quick save F5 before each combat ruuulllzzz but not save from RIP))))

I'm playing on console. But, even if I wanted to save, it doesn't let you save during a fight. That's why this "checkpoint thing" is a problem.

What's the point of even having a death penalty if you have checkpoints literally loading your game 1 min before you died lol. There's no fear involved then.

What's the point of even having a death penalty if you have checkpoints literally loading your game 1 min before you died lol. There's no fear involved then.

That's not the problem, at least for me...
If they just made checkpoints after you complete a mission, or something like that, I would be ok with that. The problem is, that the checkpoint is right before a conversation with your partner, right before the fight. Makes it annoying for you to have to skip all that every time. It's pointless imo.
I beated bloodborne last month, and the checkpoint system are just the lanterns and shortcuts you open. So, as I said, I would be ok if the checkpoint were just right after you completed a mission, for example.

EDIT: This doesn't apply for everything in the game.

Top Bottom