Dear CDPR - Please get your devs some ultrawide monitors! (Horrible UI bug, still unfixed)

+
Photo mode has had the most basic, and yet infuriating bug since day #1, and it makes photo mode very annoying to use for anyone with an ultrawide monitor! I have submitted a bug report in the past, and numerous people have posted this issue to the forums, but even after 1.5, it still remains unfixed, even though you've overhauled many other UI systems that were actually at least working before they were overhauled.

In photo mode, you've somehow forced an assumption about the monitor's aspect ratio. This means the mouse literally can't access the right-hand side of the photo mode UI because some of it is outside the falsely-presumed 16:9 aspect ratio. Ultrawide monitors have a 21:9 aspect ratio. If your developers had ultrawide monitors, then surely somebody would have pushed for this to be fixed by now.

Many, many of us are huge photo mode fans. Pleeeeeease fix this issue! Please? Pretty please? :(

2022-02-23_15-54-11.jpg

Yeah, I have noticed that as well and it has stopped my from using photomode on my 32:9 monitor. On the other hand, I wouldn't it be using that much anyway to be completely honest and there are still a couple of other improvements and fixes that I would prefer.

Nontheless, I have reported this issue a couple of months ago and I suggest you do the same.

Yes, it's best to report this issue to support and perhaps they'll find a solution at some point:

Guest 4561861

I don't believe they have 4k monitors either. When chasing the Delamain cabs the signal status indicator is Huge and right in front of of where I am looking to try to follow the cab. If it's that way on other monitors, too, shame on them.

Can confirm even on patch 1.6 (edgerunners patch), the ultrawide user interface for tutorials and photo mode are pretty much still broken. Quick loading also tends to show black bars in my experience as well. Need to reload the save again.

Hopefully there will be some "official" fixes soon.

Top Bottom