Dear CDPR, please give us back the original armor textures

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know where else to write. Whether they read it, whether they will answer. Whether they are interested in our opinion. Whether they take it into account. Whether they solve our problem ... would know. Where you can write more, you can try. At least an answer from them what to hear about this. I really want them to return the original textures and their color and details, before that patch. I would like to hear the answer. That we are not writing in the void. Sincerely Kirill

I think we have to reach CDPR CEO, that's the only chance, so I'm requesting The CEO Email..

if anyone can help would be appreciated.

This game has no support anymore. If you are on PC and want the textures back, your solution exists in the form of a mod. If you are on consoles, sorry, but you chose a close system to play...nothing wrong with it but it has limitations as such.

That the game has no support, it is known. That after the GOTY edition they stopped creating patches, but this does not negate the fact that they changed the texture without notifying players and fans. I will repeat, I'm not against coloring the textures, but personally, and not only me, the original texture of the armor is more important and I, as well as other fans, would like to return them. And I want them back, I'm waiting for the official information from CDProjectRED. And I hope that they will understand and return the original armor textures. As for PC owners, and for owners of console versions of the game. Sincerely Kirill

I have a PS4, an option to trun back the old armors ( like the alternative look options on thr main menu ) that's all what we want, is it too much to ask?

they cared about the banker in Novigrad and his appearance more than the main character Geralt of Rivia!!
that's the strangest thing I saw in a video game ever..

to solve this once and for all we need to reach the Manager ( CEO ) and ask him to let ua have this option so we can enjoy the game like we did when it firat arrive..

Moonwalker-1986;n8422490 said:
I have a PS4, an option to trun back the old armors ( like the alternative look options on thr main menu ) that's all what we want, is it too much to ask?

they cared about the banker in Novigrad and his appearance more than the main character Geralt of Rivia!!
that's the strangest thing I saw in a video game ever..

to solve this once and for all we need to reach the Manager ( CEO ) and ask him to let ua have this option so we can enjoy the game like we did when it firat arrive..

How do you propose to contact a manager (CEO)? I will support you, tell me where to turn and where to write? I understand you perfectly. If you want to get something, you have to fight for it. Original texture armor, it is necessary to return. Sincerely Kirill

hello Kirill, I'm glad to hear, we have to reach his E Mail, we will send to him, I'm sure he will reply to us, the thing is,.. how can we get his E Mail?
maybe we need to create a thread here requesting his E Mail, I don't know how to create a new one..

if you know how then we can create one.

Sincerely, Saad.

Moonwalker-1986;n8427780 said:
no worries I know who's to contact regarding our request, and I know now how to create a new thread thanks to a moderator.

Can I help you in this matter? It would be nice if we made some sort of push in this exciting issue. Sincerely Kirill

We really appreciate the passion shown in this thread but we do not plan to change back to the old look of textures. As some of you pointed out, it's tied to the technicalities linked with being able to dye elements of your armor. Hope this clears things up.

Marcin_Momot;n8434640 said:
We really appreciate the passion shown in this thread but we do not plan to change back to the old look of textures. As some of you pointed out, it's tied to the technicalities linked with being able to dye elements of your armor. Hope this clears things up.

Thanks Marcin for responding. However, you guys MUST be aware of the graphical bugs you also introduced??? I am talking about the blue lines along some of the edges of the armors, most obvious on the Viper armor. Modders have been able to fix this so you can't tell us that this is also tied to technicalities, can you?

Also, we suggested many times that instead of forcing these inferior textures (and you also must admit that they are inferior), to offer it as a DLC and restore the original textures. I am sure this is not beyond the capabilities of your dev team. At least then people have the choice to have ugly inferior textures.

If none of these things are of interest to CDPR, then please just tell us you are no longer supporting the game instead of offering an answer "tied to technicalities" which is not something I am convinced of at all, I'm afraid! It is an insult to our intelligence.

Why was this implemented in the first place if the trade-off is such a glaringly obvious downgrade to textures? It makes no sense.

I sure hope Cyberpunk 2077 is not getting a armor dye mechanic, not like this...

Last edited:
Marcin_Momot;n8434640 said:

Thank you very much Marcin, for your reply. Thank you for not leaving us behind. I really understand that the work done by you in creating the game is enormous and I really appreciate it. As in Russia from where I am, and in many other countries: Europe, the United States ... in all those who have touched your wonderful game. I respect the games that are played on any platform, and I respect those who are trying to somehow influence this problem here. And we also have great respect for you, you really are great fellows. You are in dialogue with the fans - this is very important for us, just as important as the solution to this problem. Thanks to your games about the advent of Geralt, you could interest me in reading the books of Angeia Sapkowski. The world in the game is realized perfectly, the plot and quests are at an altitude. Additions and music, are beautiful. Very important role in the game played and the details, they did and the atmosphere in the game, and more attractive to the game itself and being in it. And the more detailed the armor, the more you feel the contact with the game and the world of the game. It is very important for us that you could help if you solved this problem for us. Believe us more than this forum. If you released the latest DLC with a patch correcting the blue track on the armor of Kaer Morhan and other graphic artifacts. And allowed the DLC to change the texture to original and more detailed, even if the inclusion of this function canceled the painting, you would have done a great service to many players. We would remember this generous gesture. Sorry for my broken English, translate through Google translate. Sincerely Kirill

As stated in Was 1.31 the last patch?:
Marcin_Momot;n8368750 said:
At this moment we are not working on, nor planning to release, any patches for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
I realise some people sincerely wish to persuade the REDs to reconsider; however,I think we should make an effort to respect the inevitability that their team must dedicate their ambitious energies to grappling with the challenges present in the development of their current projects. Based on my experience thus far, nothing is as simple as it may appear on the surface.

Riven-Twain;n8437370 said:
As stated in Was 1.31 the last patch?:

I realise some people sincerely wish to persuade the REDs to reconsider; however,I think we should make an effort to respect the inevitability that their team must dedicate their ambitious energies to grappling with the challenges present in the development of their current projects. Based on my experience thus far, nothing is as simple as it may appear on the surface.

I can appreciate that, Riven-Twain. What I do not however appreciate is the sort of deflecting answers we get from CDPR like it being "tied to technicalities". Honestly...all that does is make people angry because it is PR talk. Instead, a simple and straight answer of "Yes, we realize the quality of such and such is diminished because we did this and that, but we have no plans to work on it any more because we are focused on new projects". It would be a bitter pill to swallow, but at least it would be honest and sincere.

And just to add, I am playing on PC so I am using mods to restore the armor textures to their original quality. But console players have no such options and I just think it is really unfair on them.

I have been hammering on about this even BEFORE B&W was released when I started seeing the problem in the promo gameplays. CDPR had plenty of opportunity to address this issue, but instead it was ignored and now it is too late.

Last edited:
Marcin_Momot sir,

we understand that and it is clear as a day that what happened to the Witcher Gears is because the armor dye mechanic.

you can and you must (Please) fix this issue that keeping us away from the game literally, by providing an option like the option for Yen, Triss and Ciri, the same option so we can choose between original armors (undyeable) and new armors (dyeable), that way you can set things right.

do us this last thing, you can't abandon such game just like that, this game shall stay in my Hard Drive for years to come (PS4 version here), we can't enjoy the game like this so all what we ask is a simple option to choose between them, that way each side shall be happy, people can dye their armors and others can enjoy the Original one that we all fall in love with in the first place.

Please reconsider again and help us with
this (Last Wish)

​​
Thank You.

Moonwalker-1986;n8461890 said:
Still hanging on a thin line hope..

I don't think we should keep hoping for this. I read on another forum yesterday where it was stated by a forum moderator that CDPR is done with development on Witcher 3. This statement sounded very definitive to me. They are finished with it. Completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom