Dear CDPR, please give us back the original armor textures

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patch not only changed the colours of armors but makes some textures like on medium/low....I dont like it at all...

Unless you're suggesting Settings change the colours of the armour...

Unless you're suggesting Settings change the colours of the armour...

Good comparison!
Now when I look at this, I'm thinking the image on the right must be the work of an amateur modder. A first attempt at modding. It is certainly not the level of quality I would expect from the same developer who created the armor on the left. It is worlds apart!
I don't want to even play the game anymore if this is what my armor is going to look like, seriously...

I would be very grateful for the original textures back in place where they belong!

Don't even know how many people asked for this dye mechanic?

Good comparison!
Now when I look at this, I'm thinking the image on the right must be the work of an amateur modder. A first attempt at modding. It is certainly not the level of quality I would expect from the same developer who created the armor on the left. It is worlds apart!
I don't want to even play the game anymore if this is what my armor is going to look like, seriously...

I would be very grateful for the original textures back in place where they belong!

Don't even know how many people asked for this dye mechanic?

+1

Guys you do realize that you're confusing "color" from "texture quality"....but yeah, not everyone is going to be a fan of those colors.....

I had the original textures sitting on my harddrive so I decided to try to restore them. I found out that you can't because they don't behave the same way (must be related to the dye system) and the Wolf armor for example turned entirely black and the Bear became really dark.

I don't know guys....I am genuinely disappointed. And since this thread has been moved into the "Suggestions" sub, I don't even know if it will be noticed by the right people....
What to do? I feel like I really want to talk to the devs about this...make them see reason!
Why was something like this ever approved?
I can see how some people would sneer and not care one bit, but the truth is, it was CDPR who created the awesome original textures to begin with! Why would they create something with so much care if it didn't matter? And it does matter!
I just feel like these armors have been completely destroyed.

I'm a very unhappy fan at the moment.

Well if someone is looking for a closer look of the textures of the armors, just backup to the previous patch (1.12) and you´ll see

I had the original textures sitting on my harddrive so I decided to try to restore them. I found out that you can't because they don't behave the same way (must be related to the dye system) and the Wolf armor for example turned entirely black and the Bear became really dark.

Indeed, all armor texture mods for Witcher gear will be broken.

You must be joking! Please don't dismiss these claims so easily by suggesting higher settings. I have all mine on Ultra. I had a very close look at the game before I started this thread.

How am I dismissing anything? I merely suggested a possible cause for the problem, nothing more.

Now please continue with the thread.

Last edited:
this just ruined my mood for today I'm going to bed
i really hope they put back the old textures. or improve it or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom