Dear CDPR, please give us back the original armor textures

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mhhm I don't have a modders eye so I don't really see that much of a difference tbh. Reducing texture qualities on armors and the likes would probably explain the sudden increase in fps a lot of PS4 and XBOX users report.

Well, with waiting for mod updates and texture problems, looks like I won't be playing Witcher 3 for a while.

I'VE GOT IT TO WORK. (I've tested on Bear and Wolf armor)

However I don't know if this will conflict with the dye system.

Attachments

• witcher3_2016_05_31_02_15_29_830.jpg
    witcher3_2016_05_31_02_15_29_830.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 143
  • BvNAHUH.jpg
    BvNAHUH.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 160
I'VE GOT IT TO WORK. (I've tested on Bear and Wolf armor)

However I don't know if this will conflict with the dye system.

WHAT?! We need to talk....

---------- Updated at 06:22 PM ----------

TIP: For NVIDIA users: set your settings to optimal settings for your platform via the free software "NVIDIA GeForce Experience"

Terrible suggestion. I would not recommend Nvidia Experience suggested settings to anyone.

As nice as this new 1.21 patch is (the UI is pure awesomeness), the one thing that is really bothering me is the replacement of all the Witcher armor textures with far inferior textures...

Long time lurker here chiming in to say: you are absolutely right. The witcher armours underwent some significant changes (and I don't mean just the colours - the textures are much worse now as well).
A lot of the subtle touches (stitches, rust, etc.) and colour variations are gone. I don't think the ability to dye Geralt's armour pink is worth such a dip in quality.

Here is the comparison I put together (please use full view):

View attachment 43771

Attachments

• Mastercrafted Armour Comparison (1.12 vs 1.21).jpg
    Mastercrafted Armour Comparison (1.12 vs 1.21).jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Long time lurker here chiming in to say: you are absolutely right. The witcher armours underwent some significant changes (and I don't mean just the colours - the textures are much worse now as well).
A lot of the subtle touches (stitches, rust, etc.) and colour variations are gone. I don't think the ability to dye Geralt's armour pink is worth such a dip in quality.

Here is the comparison I put together (please use full view):
View attachment 43771

Thank you for putting this together! Now I suppose it is CDPR's move...all we can do is hope they care about this as much as we do!

TA-DAAAAAA!

I'm doing some finishing touches, but soon we will have our armors back! Again, I don't guarantee that they will work with the dyes, I cannot test this because the expansion is not out yet and I haven't bought it yet.

I totally agree with you! Please make a poll so developers could see what community really wants.
New armor design is just ugly. Please, give us back our original awesome-looking armor sets. These vibrant colors conflict with the medieval atmosphere and totally break the immersion. The wolven gear looks more like a clown uniform now. The colors don't even match.

Yes now I see it. It's hard to spot at first but the finer details are extremely less visible. It's like it's been smudged.

Thank you for putting this together! Now I suppose it is CDPR's move...all we can do is hope they care about this as much as we do!

Sure thing - it does bother me more than I should be willing to admit.
By the way, is there any way to upload a better quality image? Because it became much blurrier in the attachement for some reason.

Last edited:
new versions look way better, better design, better colour, (don't know about texture reslution, ddon't have the update yet)

Yeah seriously... They just look kinda bleh now, not texture-wise, but the colors. Especially the Wolven gear, which looks downright ugly.

I mean I guess this would be fine, if the dyes would be available in the main game too, but from what I've heard they're only gonna be available in B&W?

Last edited:
I totally agree with you! Please make a poll so developers could see what community really wants.
New armor design is just ugly. Please, give us back our original awesome-looking armor sets. These vibrant colors conflict with the medieval atmosphere and totally break the immersion. The wolven gear looks more like a clown uniform now. The colors don't even match.

I honestly don't think the developers are in doubt about what we want. Most certainly, no one likes being given a product of highest quality, just to then be given an inferior product instead...
They know exactly what this discussion is about. They know the textures now look a lot worse than they used to. How can they not know this?
If a poll would help, I'd put one up. But to be honest, I really don't know if it will help. They allowed this "update" to happen after all.

new versions look way better, better design, better colour, (don't know about texture reslution, ddon't have the update yet)
You must be joking? No way. The wolven's gear design is awful. Very bright/vibrant colors which literally hurt my eyes. The colors are also unmatched - bright red on the top, bright yellow on the bottom and all that mixed with black. Terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom