Dear CDPR, please give us back the original armor textures

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the war have to do with the color of the armors?!
Everything. It's about atmosphere, it's about realism (darker colours are similar to camouflage), etc.

---------- Updated at 07:34 PM ----------

Wait you want to force your own taste upon to each of us, even the people who like the newer Armors more than the older ones?
You like buggy, blue lined armors? That's weird.

Well tbh I don't necessarily agree with changing colours. It is a fact though that the finer textures are now not as detailled. I would like to have that mended.

---------- Updated at 09:37 PM ----------

Everything. It's about atmosphere, it's about realism (darker colours are similar to camouflage), etc.

---------- Updated at 07:34 PM ----------

You like buggy, blue lined armors? That's weird.

Dude you really should look at the game and at actual history. Raedanian soldiers run around in bright red. Nilfgaardians in the absolute black... those colours are visible even in the forest. They stand out. Historically speaking the middle ages were full of armies in either motley attire that was all colours on the earth because basically no one but the household guard had matching attire and even they had the most spectactular colours. Your argument has nothing to do with realism but with some stuff you have seen in a movie and furtheremore you do compare the early middle ages and dark ages in available colours with the Witcher 3 s game set in the absolute high middle ages probably rather Renaissance.

If you don't understand the complaints about the armor, then please move on and enjoy your game. This is not the place to start arguing with people. I don't want this thread closed down.
Thanks.

1. It is moderator's job to tell users to move on - but we do it only if things get nasty. So please, don't steal our job from us!
2. Forum is a perfect place for arguing with people - just in a polite, friendly and respectful way(also knows as: discussion).

With that said - please carry on.

Well tbh I don't necessarily agree with changing colours. It is a fact though that the finer textures are now not as detailled. I would like to have that mended.

---------- Updated at 09:37 PM ----------

Dude you really should look at the game and at actual history. Raedanian soldiers run around in bright red. Nilfgaardians in the absolute black... those colours are visible even in the forest. They stand out. Historically speaking the middle ages were full of armies in either motley attire that was all colours on the earth because basically no one but the household guard had matching attire and even they had the most spectactular colours. Your argument has nothing to do with realism but with some stuff you have seen in a movie and furtheremore you do compare the early middle ages and dark ages in available colours with the Witcher 3 s game set in the absolute high middle ages probably rather Renaissance.

I get the impression you haven't got the foggiest idea what this is all about....

Even if that wouldn't be true. Witcher 3 is still Fantasy. If you have Elves, Orcs and Trolls, can split people in two halfes with AN SWORD, etc etc, and the Woman have already MODERN sexy lingerie(think of yennefer at the beginng) which NEVER EVER was there in medieval time, - the Argument that a more colorful doesn't fits the lore, atmosphere and history is kinda invalid. I mean yeah, maybe they should've made it instead so when you reach toussant and dye your Armor, it change the Models. It would make sense before you dye that they fix the armor so its less gritty and rusty. However at least for me the newer ones still fits the Witcher 3.

I'm now a bit worried about the Grandmaster tier armours introduced in the BaW. They probably won't have the 'original' higher quality textures to revert to.

Thank you, i would appreciate it. For me it neither conflicts History nor lore. A lot of older Armors was very colorful in history. Also i want to remind you, the Setting of Witcher is still Fantasy. I mean if you are against this type of style you should skip Blood and Wine, because compared to the Maingame everything we have seen so far in BaW is more colorfull and have less darker Atmosphere, so no, for me it doesn't conflicts these three things. For me it would be more out of place, if you are in Toussant for an longer time, that it isn't possible for Geralt to get an more colorfull armor or dye it, even though the Armors in this land is way more colorful and shine compared to Velen etc....
I am not against THAT type of style, but THAT type of style should not influence on the whole game, which atmosphere was completely different from the Touissant.

Last edited:
It turns out it won't even be needed the compatibility patch, just set your custom texture with a higher priority than the ones in my mod.

the Argument that a more colorful doesn't fits the lore, atmosphere and history is kinda invalid.

You are absolutely correct: It is.
This thread isn't about the colours, though. It's about texture quality, which is objectively inferior in the latest patch.

the developer's taste matter, that's why they changed the armors
It is not about their taste. It was about implementing the new dying mechanic in the game. The little details and all that stuff conflicted with the dying, so as the result that lead to total redesign of armor which where part of main game, not the expansion itself. What if I don't want to play Blood & Wine? Why should I suddenly use that ugly new design armors after a year of game existence?

I am not againt THAT type of style, but THAT type of style should not influence on the whole game, which atmosphere was completely different from the Touissant.

You can say that, even though in the Vanilla Game is already Skellige Gambeson which is very colorful blue&white and looks like the Bavarian Flag xD?

But wayne - i don't care anymore =)

Honestly, I don't understand your logic. What does the war have to do with the color of the armors?!
If you don't understand what atmosphere means, then further dialog is pointless. Sorry.

---------- Updated at 07:55 PM ----------

You can say that, even though in the Vanilla Game is already Skellige Gambeson which is very colorful blue&white and looks like the Bavarian Flag xD?
See, we have Skellige armor which fits Skellige well. We had witcher armor sets which were perfect for the main game. So we should have had the specific armor for the Touissant region. Changing the whole armor from the main game and optimising it for Touissant with that over saturated design is wrong.

I get the impression you haven't got the foggiest idea what this is all about....

Dude why do you even butt in? I was replying to someone else and simply told him that his argument about realism is a bit daft. The Witcher lore is full of guys in colourful armors, armies in colourful armors etc. That is a matter of taste. I do however think that the textures aren't as nice as they were. I would like to have that changed. Everything else is a matter of taste. It's his right to not like the colour scheme but then he should just say so and not claim that it is because of realism.

If you don't understand what atmosphere means, then we further dialog is pointless. Sorry.
Thats a thing which you don't seem to understand. Only because it doesn't fits for you to the Atmosphere, i doesn't mean it is an Fact. Thats the reason WHY he doesn't understand your logic. I understand if you like the older ones more, because of tastes etc, however i find the Argument Lore, History and Atmosphere completly invalid. At least if you act like its an fact.

I'm not against the new colours, but the lowered details. With dyes you can colour them any way you want probably, but please, not at cost of downgrading texture quality..

And all the discussion would be gone if the new colors & dyeing were an option, and not enforced downgrade.

Last edited:
If you don't understand what atmosphere means, then we further dialog is pointless. Sorry.

Ok hold on , a red line on armor does not change the atmosphere of the game - that is just a silly way to reason.
But it is clear that the textures have been changed to fit into the new system.
This is ultimately CDPR's choice and one I am sure they had many discussions over - There is already two mods out that fixes this issue.

Moderator: Claims that dialog with some other member of the forum is "pointless" are offensive and will, if repeated, result in actions against members' accounts that will be, beyond all doubt, unpleasant. Cease such talk as of now.

Thats a thing which you don't seem to understand. Only because it doesn't fits for you to the Atmosphere, i doesn't mean it is an Fact. Thats the reason WHY he doesn't understand your logic. I understand if you like the older ones more, because of tastes etc, however i find the Argument Lore, History and Atmosphere completly invalid. At least if you act like its an fact.
LOL. You just used my own words against me. Very funny.

Seems like you don't understand what is the role of atmosphere in art/game/book either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom