Dear CDPR, please give us back the original armor textures

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, what's up with these changes?

And yeah, has someone has pointed out, the armors are just broken.

Unfortunate issues for a useless feature.

Last edited:
TW3 had the best in-game cloth textures & physics of any game I've ever played. Why they'd want to futz with that is beyond me. I loved the base Ursine & Wolf armor tops w/ no upgrades because of the incredible cloth rendering, but now both look a bit worse and a lot more cartoonish. boo.

Yep, I would wear the base Ursine armor for the same reason, it never clipped. It looks so much worse now, I honestly can't understand why they made these changes. I hate to say it but, some of the little simple things I loved about this game have been taken away. First analog outside slow walk, now cloth physics and armor details. FFS!

More visibility ≠ Overall better.

The original coloring may have been dull (I think it went perfectly with the harsh and war-torn environment) but it also added character with all the little details like scratches and blemishes.
At least the opportunity to opt out of this whole pointless dyeing business would have been nice. There are alternatives for Yennefer, Triss and Ciri, so why not for Geralt as well?

CDPR Seriously please change the armors back to the old textures/colors. Especially the wolven armor, the new colors on it are awful.

I concur, the new colors/textures are worse. Please stop changing the game without options for people who actually like your work. The new cloth physics and water are worse too.

I don't know whether the changes were required or not for the new expansion, but when has it ever ended well when a game forcibly changes the way players' characters look?

Manticore armour has different appearances?

Has anyone else noticed a change in the Manticore armour texture from pre-release media screens and the present in game textures? My manticore armour set has brown leather monotone trousers and boots, and doesn't match the inventory images and previous screenshots from the gameView attachment 44901. I hope its a bug, because I much prefer the previous styleView attachment 44891. Anyone know anything? Is it an official change, or glitch?

Attachments

• manticore-armor-witcher-3-blood-and-wine.jpg
    manticore-armor-witcher-3-blood-and-wine.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 210
  • 468px-TW3-BaW_ManticoreGear.jpg
    468px-TW3-BaW_ManticoreGear.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 121
in the new versions the colours are more visible, the former versions are dull compared te the new ones

while yes the colors are more visible (not always a good thing either)
the armor looks pristine and not worn at all. like it hasn't even bin into a single battle. and that just looks so wrong to me.

I don't know whether the changes were required or not for the new expansion, but when has it ever ended well when a game forcibly changes the way players' characters look?

It's never a good idea for a game that has been out for a significant amount of time & built up a massive player base to drastically change the way the player-character appears, especially when that change is an obvious downgrade.

The clipping is real.

#theclippening.

See the ugly purple line on the border of khaer moren armor and see how it's Flashy blue now... and the lower resolution of the set (lower details)How awfull! Why have they changed that?!

PS:Even the manticore set has his color changed from pre release BA screenshoots and from BA in game...

I appreciate the work with water texture but this thing is just...bad. UI, even if i prefered before 1.2 i can live with it but those awfull colors no.

Last edited:
See the ugly purple line on the border of khaer moren armor and see how it's Flashy blue now... and the lower resolution of the set (lower details)How awfull! Why have they changed that?!

PS:Even the manticore set has his color changed from pre release BA screenshoots and from BA in game...

I appreciate the work with water texture but this thing is just...bad. UI, even if i prefered before 1.2 i can live with it but those awfull colors no.

The UI is miles better. What did you prefer about 1.2 UI?

Yea, the new colors they made on the witcher sets don't even match with the colors which they left from the old design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom