Dear CDPR, please give us back the original armor textures

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned this earlier in the thread as well, i don't understand why the upper glove is white in some screenshots ive seen since release and why it's black (which it should be judging by how the armor looked in the witcher 1) i really hope thye fix all this, the loss of detail on witcher armors due to what seems to be the dye system is just horrible, sometimes i could sometimes just stare at my armor for a long couple of seconds just admiring how well made it was and now all that detail is gone. EDIT: seen pictures of the legendary manticore armor (the one with the horrible lookign chainmail) I really don't get the deal with that either.

Last edited:

There... something like this should do it.

There... something like this should do it.

They don't need to be unyeable. The mastercrafted set are just in one color that you already can have with a dye (well not totally but). So making this dye useless and the others work would be totally feasible. For exemple mastercrafted bear armor was brown so, if you use brown armor in this brown armor that don't do nothing but if you use green for exemple, the armor color will change.

I don't care how they do it as long as we're eventually getting back the original coloring and the original superior texturing on all the armors including non-Witcher gear ones.
The two mods available at the Nexus unfortunately don't restore everything so we're counting on you here, CDProjekt. Please don't let us down.

As much as I love CDPR for the awesomeness that is B&W as well as the whole series. I must say I'm really disappointed with the colour change, it's indeed too bright. It also looks brand new, which I think feels pretty unrealistic. Honestly, as I'm Xbox player I didn't notice any downgrade in texture quality, but the new colour schemes hit me hard.
Like many I liked to wear the base ursine armor, that's what I liked about the ursine set ; every level was fantastic looking. But now, well, I'm just really disappointed.
And while the new grandmaster tier are really cool looking, I will still wait for the next patch before playing again.
I really hope to get the original colours back, or at least an option to do so.

Did anyone notice any improvements with 1.22 in regards to this issue?
I am wondering this as well, the changelog didn't if you excuse my language say shit about fixing that but then again the last update didn't say anything about changing the colour on witcher gear either.

Last edited:
From what I can tell - unfortunately no.
No improvements to the current dyeable versions nor did they revert back to the original colors and textures.

As the patch notes suggest 1.22 seems to be focused on fixing quest related issues first and foremost.

The only good news is that both the Original Witcher Sets Colors mod and the Old Quality Witcher Armors mod are compatible, but are still unable to undo all of the changes. For instance, the Mastercrafted Ursine Trousers are still green instead of the original beige-grey color.

Last edited:
God damnit, ah well, hopefully they will make some small quick patch and fix it, people had been experienced problems with Roaches tail being gone and other small stuff that wasn't in the changelog, so there must be a next patch. Please CDPR fix the colour and textures, please, they were such wonderful sets of armor, i am an admirerer of good textures and i just loved what you had done with it, please fix this.

Maybe they are aware of the issues but haven't figured out a way yet to have both the current (dyeable) and the original (undyeable) armors co-exist side by side.
One would think that it's not that hard by just adding a simple switch like the one in the mockup of the options menu on the previous page but maybe there's more to that than just switching something on or off.

There's nothing left but to hope that they have it figured out with 1.23 or 1.24.

"undyable" armors (the original ones) are not undyable but mostly take one slot of dye. For exemple the original color of mastercrafted ursine armor is pretty much the brown dye so the only think they need to do is that dying process don't work with one dye (brown for ursine, grey for cat) pretty much the colors they have in the original armor.

@Hysanse

I tend to agree with you, though I'll be really reassured if CDPR eventually acknowledges this, so far I'm still not sure this is even considered a glitch, which is what worries me most.

I personally haven't had any issues with the new armor textures, and I like the look of them. The dye mechanic is also fun for those of us that are playing on consoles and do not have access to mods. The manticore armor, in particular, looks excellent.

I personally haven't had any issues
But several people have, that is the problem. Purple glitches are visible especially in low settings. I've personally installed a mod reverting the changes, so don't have this problem, but what about console owners who are not able to use them?

E: and nobody is able to revert grandmaster wolven armor since it was added in the BaW. I cannot wear it due to those terrible purple glitches...

Last edited:
But several people have, that is the problem. Purple glitches are visible especially in low settings. I've personally installed a mod reverting the changes, so don't have this problem, but what about console owners who are not able to use them?
I'm a Xbox One player myself, and I kinda wish I was playing on PC right now ^^ But then again, I think all in all I've had much less bugs than most PC players have experienced, because of the closed system that is a console. Anyway I'm still crossing my finger.

I personally haven't had any issues with the new armor textures, and I like the look of them. The dye mechanic is also fun for those of us that are playing on consoles and do not have access to mods. The manticore armor, in particular, looks excellent.
I understand what you're saying and I wholeheartedly concur about the manticore set ; one of the best surprise in B&W (non-story related I mean)
But while I appreciate that the dye system have been required by many, and I've been fiddling with myself to be honest, I still think this wasn't worth the trade-off. If we speak about colour strictly, it's surely a matter of taste ; but here there are more than mere colour changes I think. Yet, I find even those pretty disappointing ; I mean compare the new colour scheme of the master Ursine with the older one, I hope you'll see what I mean.
For me, this seems quite obvious, but I may be wrong

E: and nobody is able to revert grandmaster wolven armor since it was added in the BaW. I cannot wear it due to those terrible purple glitches...

If the purple stripes on the Wolven armor are a glitch, then I must correct myself and say that I have also experienced some glitches. I just assumed up till now that CDPR decided to swap out the crimson color scheme for something more garish, hehe.

Still like the Manticore armor and the new dye mechanic, but I understand where you all are coming from and I hope that CDPR at least addresses the bugs that you've encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom