Dear CDPR, please give us back the original armor textures

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Please give back original colors and texture. Now witcher's sets looking very ugly. Sorry but this is some kind of shit XDD
Make as before and stop doing this shit))) Please))) We understood, armors design is not your strong side with all due respect and love to your creation.

---------- Updated at 04:07 PM ----------

Attachments

• lQrpsbK.jpg
    lQrpsbK.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,984
  • 051714.jpg
    051714.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 799
  • lsDbqHm.jpg
    lsDbqHm.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 1,817
  • Witcher3DLC8.png
    Witcher3DLC8.png
    227.5 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:
what i miss the most are not the original colors to be honest (i mean, the new bright colors on some armors are absolutely ridiculous, no doubt about that, but that's a subjective matter, and other people might disagree on that)..... it's the overall quality of the armor textures...
...take the ursine armor, for instance; in the pre-patch version the attention to details was sensational. Both the leather and the cloth bits looked worn out and bleached, which is exactly as u would expect them to be....the leather was actually ruined and scracthed in some parts.... all of that is gone now.... and as a result, the armor feels plastic and cartoonish.....

We gave up all that attention to detail for what? interchangeable colours? What a pity!
And the sad part is i don't think we're gonna get the option to wear the old armors in any future patch.. I mean the fact that no one from cdpr did even aknowledge the existence of this thread so far speaks volumes.

Eventually, once this thread will become to big to be ignored, they'll show up just to tell us this was a "design decision" and that old armors are gone for good. As Mezziaz said, It really feels like the slowalking thing all over again......

I have huge admiration for cdpr and the work they've done with the witcher, but i can't help feeling this armor thing was a terrible design decision. I mean i'm all for new features, but if in order to introduce such new features, u must to lower the quality of your previous work, then it's really not worth it, as you're probably gonna let down even more people than u make happy.

Anyway, a part of me still hopes they're gonna address this issue, but i'm not holding my breath...

Last edited:
Been tweeting and everything, they must have seen the thread i hope, really hope they fix this in the next patch, they must? how can the people who have been working on these witcher sets stand by and see all that detail and perfect colouring be destroyed.

Been tweeting and everything, they must have seen the thread i hope, really hope they fix this in the next patch, they must? how can the people who have been working on these witcher sets stand by and see all that detail and perfect colouring be destroyed.
Yes I have to agree with that, plus the devs must have received some bug reports too, so there is no way they aren't aware yet. Which, again, worries me a bit.

I really liked and spent a lot of money on the Viper gear in HoS and the new colors on it are just awful. Lighter coloring, blue stitching and horrible contrasting detail as well.
I can't even display it in my house because the torso armor turns bright red.

I can't even display it in my house because the torso armor turns bright red.
I think at least this was fixed in 1.22. I remember reading something in the patch notes about that.

And CDPRed should be aware of this thread and the issue(s) in general, because I, like others surely have too, submitted a bug report through CDPRed's support form.
I think it can't hurt to send more of those CDPRed's way: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

the thing is, there's nothing to "fix" here, because this isn't a bug. When it's all said and done, this is indeed a design decision. One might argue wheter it was a good or a bad decision, but that aswell is debeatable. I mean, i'm sure there's plenty of people who are enjoying the new dying mechanics, who don't mind the new colors and who don't even notice how less refined and detailed the witcher sets are now.... For those people this must have been a great design decision....

And even without taking that into consideration, this game is their creature and they certainly have every right to make such changes.
I'm not trying to dismantle your hopes here, i'm just saying this isn't a bug... it isn't something that isn't working as intended...... and this situation is awfully similar to the slow-walking animation thing. Back then they modified the walking animation, which was certainly an improvement in their eyes..... and probably also in the eyes of many players.... and in doing so they stripped the old animation (*cough-even though they told us beforehand they were just gonna add a new animation without modifiying the old one-cough*).

Having said that, your post made me think about something: there's gotta be at least 1 person who must be even more disappointed about this change than all of us: the developer at cdpr who designed the original witcher sets.
Can u imagine how hard it must be for him to even just watch how the witcher sets look now?! Coz that man clearely put a lot of love (and work) into designing those old sets....

Last edited:
The red color on mastercrafted wolven chainmail is particularly horrible... Don't look more as a chainmail at all.

Last edited:
Having said that, your post made me think about something: there's gotta be at least 1 person who must be even more disappointed about this change than all of us: the developer at cdpr who designed the original witcher sets.
Can u imagine how hard it must be for him to even just watch how the witcher sets look now?! Coz that man clearely put a lot of love (and work) into designing those old sets....

That's why this change seems so wrong. Like many people here, I've been playing B&W for the last couple of weeks, and the more I saw of Toussaint, the less appropriate this alteration to witcher sets seemed to be. Every asset in the game is created with attention and skill: the devs clearly care. These colour and texture changes, on the other hand, betray another kind of attitude - "eh, close enough...", which is bizzare to see in such a painstankingly crafted environment.

The witcher sets were supposed to be the best armours in the game, and they certainly looked the part. Every tier of every set had it's own beaty and style: from borderline foppish elegance of the cat to the rugged sturdiness of the bear. People responsible for them clearly knew what they were doing and realised the importance of consistent aesthetics. Now it's all gone to accomodate for a new system.

Remember when the ursine set boasted a subtle, yet sublime combination of earthy greens, olives and browns? Well, now it's "50 shades of brown" with perplexingly vibrant sea-green trousers (while NO other part of the armour is even close to that colour). You loved the red highlights, tunic and small detail in the wolven set? All gone, replaced by the garish red stripes between the chainmail. Oh, and just in case you wanted all the leather boots and trousers to look like horribly painted cheap action figures, you can now be finally content.

For those of you who believe that this is an adequate tradeoff for a new dye mechanic or simply don't care - I envy you! I wish I could feel the same. I am genuinely happy that you can play your game the way you want to play it now. Customisation and player choice are great. The thing is: they have taken something away in order to make this possible. Something that has been there for more than a year, something I (and many others) liked and admired. To us, this looks like an unnecessary and unwelcome compromise with no actual benefits. I think this change diminishes the work and thought put into the original sets, offering nothing of value in return.

Thanks to Roccogrb and his mod, I can bring back the old textures, but that's not the point: I should not have to. There is also nothing I can do to mend the Grandmaster sets that have no high-fidelity "originals" to revert to and, therefore, pale in comparison with the older tiers.

Please, CDProjekt, give us back an option to see these gorgeous armours the way they were meant to be seen, and thank you for the game that compelled me to write all of this.

It's not a design desicion, must be blind as a developer for it to turn out like this and considering the amount of detail the sets had before CDPR is far from blind, it's some sort of texture bug plain and simple, the purple line proves it, it's only a matter of if it will be fixed or not and i really hope it does

Just get the mastercrafted feline gear now and it just look...plain. Have see pictures of before it was black with fade blue. Now it's super flashy blue, making you visible from far away. It's really ugly. And even with the black dye you don't get the original vibe. Sad.

I had hoped that something would be done with 1.22, but apparently this is not even considered an issue. I get that for some people it might seem like a minor change, but for all of us who don't, please hear us out.

Not only a witcher armours are bound to be something we look at throughout the majority of the game, and therefore should look and feel seamless ; I cannot stress that enough, now NPC's ragged clothes look more refine and real than any Witcher Set, this is painfully obvious in cutscenes.
But also, at least for me, yet hope to speak for others too, a set of armour in this game also helps furthering the characterisation of Geralt, from the practical yet classic look of the wolven set, to the heavy, roguish and journeyed style of the bear set, not forgetting efficiency incarnated : Kaer Morhen/Viper Sets.

I use to switch armour depending on the region or/and story arc ; pure roleplay really. But now I just keep switching between sets because nothing feels exactly right. And it's really underwhelming.
I hope I made my point clear, and that I spoke not only for myself but the many poeple involved in this thread.

That being said, I'm not all complaints ; the Grandmasters levels introduced in B&W are all glorious designs, and the manticore set is just a superb addition, I honestly felt like a child receiving christmas presents again. Yet one can only hope that they would be in same high res texture, perfectly balanced colour scheme as before.

Last edited:
maybe an option to switc between the previous and the new colours/textures, i like the new colors a lot more, the previous colors were dull, besides you ca now change the color with the dyes,
the bear armor were green, have you ever seen a green bear? the new bear armor is now dark brown way better, and it resembles the concept art design of that armor,
for some reason my wolf armor don't have those red stripes :s

Have you ever seen red wolf or green griffin? :wondering:

well, the wolf armor is not red, it has red stripes and that red is not "really" red is more like brown, and there are brown wolves,
the griffin armor is for magic, and there is blue magic effects /signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom