Dear CDPR, please give us back the original armor textures

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new armors look PERFECT and flawless, here are some dye examples, where is the problem? :D

Gauntlets, boots, everything can by dyed.
The only thing I really HATE is that ridiculous white underpant under the Wolf School trousers..... :(

Last edited:
They haven't done anything but retweeting fan art on twitter, no announcements whatsoever, i really hope they don't leave it like this, please CDPROJEKTRED atleast say something to us

The new armors look PERFECT and flawless, here are some dye examples, where is the problem? :D
Gauntlets, boots, everything can by dyed.
The only thing I really HATE is that ridiculous white underpant under the Wolf School trousers..... :(

The problem is that the people who didn't ask for it didn't have a choice. The default armours have been tampered with when CDPR could've put effort into the mechanic and made it so we could have both.

Agreed, another thing that needs fixing is the Aerondight sword, if doesn't even fit into the scabbard as it should and looks pixelated up close (due to the model being oversized).
I was bummed when I saw Aerondight. It was my (and everyone else's) favorite sword from The Witcher, but they made it look clunky and weird in TW3.

Notes for the patch that will come alongside the GOTY edition have not yet been released, so while there is hope..... yeah I'm not counting on it either.
It gives me a little hope, i don't bear any sort of grudge to them it's just that the game was so perfect up until this happend, at the very least i think they will fix the purple lines/corrupt textures on the kaer morhen armor and such since those are just thing too noticable to ignore and leave in their game

The viper trousers are pitch black now, it looks so weird. And besides that, it's belt region is not textured at all, looks like geralt's torso is floating above his legs:

:facepalm2:

Attachments

• GO3SHeM.jpg
    GO3SHeM.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 226
I wish someone from CDPROJEKTRED could atleast respond to this to clear the air on if this was some (very strange) design thing or a (which it has to be) bug

---------- Updated at 07:06 PM ----------

Ursine is my favourite set and the way it looks now especially the mastercrafted version is just sad, just look the way ursine looked before in these screenshotsView attachment 66520View attachment 66530 Compare to how it is now and i dare you to say this dosen't look better, i am really thankful to the devs for making the final stage concept art version of the ursine armor as the grandmaster ursine armor and it looks great but the mastercrafted version has lost all it's glory because of the witcher gear texture errors

Attachments

• Ursine 1.jpg
    Ursine 1.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 821
  • Ursine 2.jpg
    Ursine 2.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 351
Ursine is my favorite armor in all of gaming. Until armor dye changes ruined it. Please guys bring back the original textures. Couldn't you maybe do a color shift on the original textures for dye. I don't care for dyes. As things stand now almost all of them only stand to serve the color blind. The base gear also looks worse.

The game didn't need dye to begin with. Cat was blue, Wolf was red, Griffin Gold, Ursine Green, base armor brown and Viper gear was black. All colors were covered.

Bring back old textures. PLEASE.

Last edited:
I have been going through blood and wine, no game breaking bugs of any kind seen so far so on my end, CDPR gotta be fixing all the visual glitches and bugs with this next patch that is coming out (because there are plenty of those, like, a lot of them, hair is not tucked in with grandmaster ursine armor, Aerodight scabbard need to be longer or the sword itself needs to smaller since the sword tip clips through the scabbard as previously mentioned, ARMOR TEXTURES, being the most eye catching i have seen, more subtle ones like the superior and mastercrafted feline steel swords clipping through the scabbard, the manticore silver sword also clips through it's scabbard with it's sides near the hilt though you hardly see that one but still, it's there) so yeah, i think the armor textures are going to be fixed with the next patch *knocks on wood*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom