Dear CDPR, please give us back the original armor textures

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The viper trousers are pitch black now, it looks so weird. And besides that, it's belt region is not textured at all, looks like geralt's torso is floating above his legs:

:facepalm2:

Good lord...That's not a design choice, that's a bug CDPR needs to fix pronto.

Good lord...That's not a design choice, that's a bug CDPR needs to fix pronto.
TO be fair i don't think they planned on players using the viper trousers with anything else but the viper armor pieces, the mid section area gone thingy is not present for me when wearing all the viper armor pieces (for me on PS4 atleast) but the texture colour is much like the other witcher gear not like it was before the patch, actually i wouldn't be suprised if the viper trousers were like that before the witcher gear texture issues happend (being invisible in the upper area when worn with other armors)

Last edited:
TO be fair i don't think they planned on players using the viper trousers with anything else but the viper armor pieces, the mid section area gone thingy is not present for me when wearing all the viper armor pieces (for me on PS4 atleast) but the texture colour is much like the other witcher gear not like it was before the patch, actually i wouldn't be suprised if the viper trousers were like that before the witcher gear texture issues happend (being invisible in the upper area when worn with other armors)
It has been like that for as long as I remember

Oh my god please tell me i missed it... please ####### tell me i missed it, CDPR we have been begging for you to fix this very noticable, very annoying issue which totally destroyed some of the best designed armor sets in gaming history, OH GREAT LOOK, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE VIVALDI'S NEW LOOK, I BET I COULDN'T CARE ABOUT HIS APPREANCE EVEN MORE... The time you spent giving Vivaldi a new look you could have spent fixing the armor textures, i love this god damn game, i love these god damn expansiosn (except for the ############ DYES added in blood and wine, the only use they had for me was selling) so... you are a company now know for attention to detail... yet this is still a thing, i really hope you just forgot to add "Witcher gear textures are now fixed" just like you forgot to add "We messed up the witcher gear textures when we added dyes SORRY xd xd :(" a couple of patches ago, i am sorry if i appear rude but i find it very hard loving a game so much yet knowing that the developers gave us armors with fantastic designs then just removed it because some annoying minority group of fans said "omfg this game sucks, can't even dye armor lel xdxdxd" View attachment 68180 Look at wolf armor, these are pieces of art! every little detail they used to have is amazing! the combo of red and black which could easily have looked like a gothic clown outfit and NOW it does but before it was perfect, thank YOU whoever did the original textures to these and i am so sorry to see your work be destroyed like this.

Attachments

• wolf armor.jpg
    wolf armor.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,177
Last edited:
I am downloading the update now to confirm that they still have not fixed the textures (PS4) though i would much rather spend that time downloading Fallout 4 Nuka World since at this point the textures being fixed feels like a miracle that could never happen (That is my hint to YOU CDPR to prove you are the jesus of gaming companies, so you know.... take the hint) WHat the hell? the patch is 3 GB large? the changelog didn't ever give me the impression that it would be that big? looked more like a 1 GB patch to me, what is Vivaldi's new look taking up a lot of space or something? lol

---------- Updated at 02:35 PM ----------

Can confirm as of 2016-08-30 patch 1.30 the witcher gear texture bug has not been fixed (PS4)

Last edited:
Anyone else noticed that the tucked hair when wearing ursine armor (None grandmaster ursine sets, the hair isn't even tucked in the grandmaster form) seems to... clip through more? i don't know but when geralt turns his head the end of his tucked hair clips through when wearing usrine which i am quite sure it didn't before because it would have annoyed the hell out of me, i mean ever since 1.22 it feels like there are far more clipping issues on top of the textures being different, the grahpics seemed better though, the lightning or the colour seemed better but it feels like there are far more clipping issues compared to before, i realise this isn't a discussion that belongs here so please don't start a discussion over it but it relates to this as a whole, i just wish someone could answer our questions concerning what happend in update 1.22

---------- Updated at 08:57 PM ----------

I don't understand why this was moved to suggestions to begin with, where was this thread before? bug reports? because it should be there, do the moderators know something we don't? because i sure haven't seen someone from the development team coming out saying if the textures being different was intentional or not, the fact that this thread was moved to suggestions makes no sense to me

---------- Updated at 09:21 PM ----------

I have now tried to contact Marcin Momot (three times) the official dev twitter and the official The WItcher several times and no reply from them on twitter or here, i now recently tried to contact the technical support lead and if this person dosen't reply either i will attempt to contact someone else, i refuse to give up on this, if this won't be fixed (but it will be fixed, i refuse to believe otherwise and i encourage everyone to not give up hope) i will atleast get answers

---------- Updated at 09:23 PM ----------

Find and give me names and i will try to contact them for us through social media or Email

@thedoghunters

Thank you for your unrelenting advocacy. I very much share your indignation (see my plea to CDPR). Three things.

First, one of the problems I have identified is the silence from the PC community. As soon as the mods went live, the outcry lost pulse and all its vigor. Their silence, a direct result of the availability of mods, projected a state of community satisfaction--to CDPR's eye at least. In reality, the community silence was a false proxy because it completely ignored the dissatisfaction of console players.

Second, as you correctly point out, the decision to move this thread may have been one bereft of any rationality in light of the fact that the change was most probably unintended, unwelcome, and caused widespread confusion. And I say this without prejudice to the fantastic and unrelenting work of the mods. Even though I may disagree with their decision to move the thread, they ultimately have the last word and their judgment takes precedence. So I would not suggest overtly directing your anger towards them.

Third, I think the PC community needs to be more vocal if we are ever going to see the old textures restored. The console community must also show broad consensus towards the restoration of pre-1.20 armor textures.

If you want my opinion though, you have to find it in you to let this one go. Just like the slow walk controversy from 1.07, you will most likely have to accept it.

Cheers =/

@thedoghunters

Thank you for your unrelenting advocacy. I very much share your indignation (see my plea to CDPR). Three things.

First, one of the problems I have identified is the silence from the PC community. As soon as the mods went live, the outcry lost pulse and all its vigor. Their silence, a direct result of the availability of mods, projected a state of community satisfaction--to CDPR's eye at least. In reality, the community silence was a false proxy because it completely ignored the dissatisfaction of console players.

Second, as you correctly point out, the decision to move this thread may have been one bereft of any rationality in light of the fact that the change was most probably unintended, unwelcome, and caused widespread confusion. And I say this without prejudice to the fantastic and unrelenting work of the mods. Even though I may disagree with their decision to move the thread, they ultimately have the last word and their judgment takes precedence. So I would not suggest overtly directing your anger towards them.

Third, I think the PC community needs to be more vocal if we are ever going to see the old textures restored. The console community must also show broad consensus towards the restoration of pre-1.20 armor textures.

If you want my opinion though, you have to find it in you to let this one go. Just like the slow walk controversy from 1.07, you will most likely have to accept it.

Cheers =/
Thank you for the support and calm words of wisdom, and i will let go of this-once it is fixed ;) they are still offering patch support for the game and there is a large number of visual glitches and bugs reported not to mention the the skellige wandering merchant bug is still not fixed and some other small gamepaly issues, it would be only natural for them to release some sort of patch deticated to fixing visual annoyances and issues like textures and animation, clipping, and so on, the fact that they released a game of the year version will boost things for them so they still have money to support the game so i have hope this isn't over yet, and i encourage everyone to spread this around to others, be it in a youtube comment section, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube video, anything, just don't ignore and be silent about it, i urge everyone to try and make contact with Marcin Momot- BUT DON'T BE ANNOYING, be polite and treat him and other devs with respect when talking to them

---------- Updated at 01:46 PM ----------

An individual on twitter just informed me that the devs told him this will not be fixed https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrwUuUPXgAEtuYW.jpg his choice of words are... colourful but atleast he got us an answer... Not going to give up even after this but atleast we know what stance they are in on this issue

---------- Updated at 01:48 PM ----------

Karolina is in charge of technical support for those who don't know so this is really bad news coming from her

---------- Updated at 01:51 PM ----------

It's rather wounding knowing they have well to be blunt-the bravery to leave those purple ugly lines on the kaer morhen set and even more brave of them to show original ursine mastercrafted in the launch trailer for the game of the year version....

It's rather wounding knowing they have well to be blunt-the bravery to leave those purple ugly lines on the kaer morhen set and even more brave of them to show original ursine mastercrafted in the launch trailer for the game of the year version....

In GotY trailer there is new ursine armor, not green but light brown/beige, in the tavern, but old in the Crone scene.

The thing is, the textures aren't bad because of the dyes. Clearly the changes were caused by adding dye system, but look at Manticore armor. It has high quality textures with some rubs, it has only small blue dot on stiches in the gloves, it's nearly unnoticeable. So as you see, it could be done very well. I'm a PC player and I care, despite that I have some mods which I treat as a patch. And I bet the old-style textures would made grandmaster sets even prettier(except Griffin Armour :D). Feline set, mastercrafted the most, looks like blue pajamas, but it technically have no bugs, maybe some red and blue small places if we look inquisitive. Blue line in KM set and many blue spots on Viper armour I will count as bug.

In GotY trailer there is new ursine armor, not green but light brown/beige, in the tavern, but old in the Crone scene.

The thing is, the textures aren't bad because of the dyes. Clearly the changes were caused by adding dye system, but look at Manticore armor. It has high quality textures with some rubs, it has only small blue dot on stiches in the gloves, it's nearly unnoticeable. So as you see, it could be done very well. I'm a PC player and I care, despite that I have some mods which I treat as a patch. And I bet the old-style textures would made grandmaster sets even prettier(except Griffin Armour :D). Feline set, mastercrafted the most, looks like blue pajamas, but it technically have no bugs, maybe some red and blue small places if we look inquisitive. Blue line in KM set and many blue spots on Viper armour I will count as bug.
All the grandmaster sets are of good quality from what ive seen, i like wolf and manticore in particular, those two seem like they are of the usual standard, but feline puts me off in it's grandmaster form, Griffin never attracted all that much including the other versions though it had a great design but not my cup of tea, but this debate on what could count as a bug or not don't matter anymore since they won't fix it as we now know

Oh my god, this fucking hotfix, are they serious? - Repairs holes in Vimme Vivaldi's new clothes.

---------- Updated at 02:34 PM ----------

What the hell is it with them and Vivaldi? can someone please make a meme out of this so we can shame them with this forever

---------- Updated at 02:40 PM ----------

Find a photo of one of the devs or Marcin, write something in the meme text style and write something funny about them them liking Vivaldi, if we won't get the witcher gear textures fixed atleast we can have some fun with this obviously sexual relationship the devs have with Vivaldi

---------- Updated at 02:43 PM ----------

"Gotta get papa Vivaldi some new clothes" "gotta patch up em holes for papa Vivaldi" "Spank me papa Vivaldi, give it to me" are suggestions

---------- Updated at 02:49 PM ----------

Or take a picture of Vivaldi when he got that smug look on his face zoom it in so you can almost see the pixels in the pic and write something funny

Eh, Vivaldi's hands were disconnected from his body, if you didn't have BaW, from what I heard. Sleeve texture being from BaW or something like that. While not only looking disturbing, this also caused massive stuttering and other issues on Hierarch Square. Maybe even connected with the endless loading screen issue people had during or after Pyres of Novigrad.

Did you expect them to leave it like that?

That's no Vivaldi fetish.

Last edited:
You must be great at parties!

---------- Updated at 04:35 PM ----------

And yes, i do expect them to leave it like that, i really do

Post has been deleted. If someone wants to comment moderation decisions or moderators, please do so in private mails. Not in public forums.

In fact, that's pretty normal for them. They've been doing it all the past year

In fact, that's pretty normal for them. They've been doing it all the past year
Lol, true, they make great games but they need to train on how to handle updates and patches so they don't dig themselves into situations like this, they aren't that great with patching games though i will give them this, they managed to fix the PS4 performance issues, it did take them almost a year but atleast they fixed it

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom