Dear Devs: Please don't take the RPG out of Cyberpunk 2077, don't make it only an Action-Adventure, but more importantly: talk to us, please.

+

Which would you prefer?

• Full-blown RPG

• Action Adventure

• Any old mix thereof

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it is even possible for them to rewrite the story to make choices matter then make it more RPG? Doubt it very much.

Do you think it is even possible for them to rewrite the story to make choices matter then make it more RPG? Doubt it very much.
It's impossible. They can probably expand some stuff like they did in Witcher 2. Initially Witcher 2 had more shallow 3rd act. Also smelled like an unfinished game at first, and, considering CDPR really struggled with it, it was true. Or expansions in Witcher 3. Or like in case of Mass Effect 3 - add endings that reflect more choices. But rewriting the story - nah.

I want to know if all our complaints, ideas, fixes and bugs reach them in this forum? Or is all this for nothing..I want to know if we really are getting through to whomever matters.

I want to know if all our complaints, ideas, fixes and bugs reach them in this forum? Or is all this for nothing..I want to know if we really are getting through to whomever matters.
Even if they take notes of everything being said on talking platforms, doesn't mean it will be realized in the game. It was stated many times they read forums.

It's impossible. They can probably expand some stuff like they did in Witcher 2. Initially Witcher 2 had more shallow 3rd act. Also smelled like an unfinished game at first, and, considering CDPR really struggled with it, it was true. Or expansions in Witcher 3. Or like in case of Mass Effect 3 - add endings that reflect more choices. But rewriting the story - nah.
The so called net narration is gone for good I guess.

As have many of the comments... sometimes it*s really NOT fun to be right...
I agree. Read your post a year ago and it seems CDPR just delivered all the fears you had at that time. I'm also a big RPG fan and really hoped that among all developers they understand what RPG is about. 20% less Night City and 200% more dialog/choices could have led to a unique and ground breaking RPG. Now everyone compares them to GTA and how GTA is much better. I still wonder why they choose this path ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom