Dear Devs,

+
Being one of the older generation who has been waiting for this to come out since it was announced around 9 years ago, I have to say that I am really enjoying playing this. Yes, I have encountered bugs and strange glitches but I found most to be quite a amusing.
I have also been waiting to see how this performs on my current setup (6700k & 1080ti) before deciding whether or not to upgrade... not that any of us can upgrade :rolleyes: Although I would have liked to play this at 4k, it runs rather well at 1080p Ultra, so unless I feel need to try ray tracing any time soon, I'm good!

Saying all that, it took me a while to get going with the game...

My initial problem was with the controls which I can only describe is "Ubisoft-esque".

Before I began changing controls I was first a bit confused... why are the first controls listed not the main controls but instead the controls for "Brain Dance", something that after around 80 hours of play, I've only used twice?

Anyway, I started to try to change my controls to "how I like to play", which for some reason seems to be a thing of the past!
We the developers know best... Oh greats it's another Ubisoft controls system!
Designed for PC by Developers who all play on controllers? Therefore completely disregarding the way many, dare I say "most" PC gamers play games... on a mouse and keyboard!
It feels very much like keyboard controls were bolted on as an after thought, very sad and to be honest, disrespectful to PC gamers, especially to lefties and disabled folk!

Half the controls are locked, many aren't listed (by that I mean the ones which it prompts you to use in game) and some you actually have to guess!
While writing this is dawned on me to just go press every key on the keyboard to see if there were more controls I was unaware of... admittedly I only got as far as Q because I discovered, hang on a minute... there's a melee button!? If only I could bind this to my usual M4 button, don't be silly, why would i want to do that? Okay, I'll just not use it :rolleyes:

For quite a while I searched for Inventory option but I have been unable to find a control for this so I just assumed there wasn't one... until I connected up a pad to go for a drive and upon pressing start, I found an Crafting / Inventory / Map / Character and Journal screen! How do I get to this via keyboard?
Oh M is Map, I is Inventory... why wasn't there an option for these? I see there is now, handy!
So I can remap the left and right arrows, but not up and down... err

So after struggling to redefine controls I thought, sod this! Time to remap yet another game using iCue, not what I was expecting for a game I've waiting patiently to play for 9 years (and all the previews were on pc).

I've now been able to play the game pretty comfortably control wise, although of course when trying to chat in steam overlay with controls remapped in icue, it assumes you are still in the game and causes utter havoc!

But there is another incredibly annoying issue I have with the game that I have lost patience waiting to be addressed in your hotfixes and is my main motivation for posting this.

I feel I am missing a lot of the game due to my inability to comfortably read most of the text.

In the past when text was too small, I could simply rectify that by lowering the resolution. In Cyberpunk it would seem that this is not a thing as the HUD and text does not change with the resolution.

I pick up these consumables, not a clue what they do! My weapons have stats on them which... do stuff? Dunno, can't read them. Then there's the map... erm what does that say, I'll just zoom in to view it at EXACTLY THE SAME TINY SIZE! Awesome :(

Also, regarding the map... Why do we have to remember where all of the Ripperdocs are? Why aren't they names added to the map once we find them? I'm old, my memory is dreadful!
Near the beginning of the game I wanted to go back the first ripperdoc, but god knows where that was because I had wandered off exploring the world. I had to look online to find it! It just makes no sense... It's a digital map in a digital world that's less useful than a paper map - at least you can write on that!
Sorry, I didn't mean to off on one about the map but I've just thought of another issue, not with it, but the control to bring it up. For many games, when you press the map button... pressing it again will take you back to the game, but not here where it oddly tilts the map. Could you please assign a different control to tilt the map? Like when I press the inventory button for a second time and it goes back to the game. When one option works differently to all the others it just mangles my brain and because of this I will be forever tilting the damn map!

I see you added a feature to increase the size of subtitles, nice one! But I only tend to use subtitles when I cannot understand dialogue and I have to say I am incredibly impressed with the clarity of the speech in Cyberpunk. None of the lazy mumbling that seems so common in TV and film over the past few years. So I turned off subtitles... and then missed quite a large amount of dialogue when I realised that turning off subtitles also applied to foreign parts. :rolleyes:

So could that be an option? Subtitles for foreign parts?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Give us a way to increase the text size so I don't have to buy some binoculars to play Cyberpunk!
Unlock all the keys on the keyboard so that "we the "customer" can play how "we" want.
Remember, the customer is always right :sneaky:

Sorry for the rant but I felt something needed to be said about the Text Size.
I don't have the best eyesight and I have friends who much worse off than me who will be unable to read anything until you add an option in the increase text/hud size. I would also really like to be able to remap Escape to Backspace without using icue so that chatting on steam is not a total *******!

Cheers.

Oh and why are there options at the bottom right hand corner which look like buttons but aren't. The amount of times I've tried to click them to go back a screen is ridiculous!

For quite a while I searched for Inventory option
Press the i key for inventory, m for map, j for journal etc.

Why do we have to remember where all of the Ripperdocs are? Why aren't they names added to the map once we find them?
There is a specific icon for ripper docs etc on the map, press Z to see the legend. It would be better if you could filter to a set of specific events/NPCs you are looking for though.

Near the beginning of the game I wanted to go back the first ripperdoc, but god knows where that was because I had wandered off exploring the world
Use the map to find Vs apartment in Night City central and work your way from there.

So I turned off subtitles... and then missed quite a large amount of dialogue when I realised that turning off subtitles also applied to foreign parts
Yes, very annoying that I had to manually enable subs to understand the Japanese parts (thought I haven't come across any I can remember since the theft scene). This seems like a no-brainer to code; if the dialogue language isn't the same as the spoken language selected then automatically enable subs.

Top Bottom