Death March Difficulty

+
Be reay to get your ass kicked in all fistfighting quests.
Once I found out how to fist fight I haven't had any trouble, in fact if I'm paying attention I never get hit. Though on Death March only up to level 9 and fought a few fights on it seemed same as other difficulty (other than damage for when I am not paying attention and get hit lol this morning fighting baron I mixed up which key is block and jump and was like hey Geralt block you idiot... oh... :eek: hehe was one hit from loss without hitting him then using right key won easily...)

Congratulations, you can kill drowners, that must mean that all of death march is really easy.
You can use it on most of the enemies.
And yes Death March is easy, i've have 100% on the Game - no Quen, Bombs, Oils or Decotion used in late Game/Bosses

I wouldn't call Death March easy but I do feel it is the right way to play the game. I used to die a lot at the beginning (I invested in alchemy early instead of swordfighting). Now I'm at level 18 and I'm killing more or less comfortably anything below level 25 (except drowners maybe, they are fast). True, it requires signs/bombs/oils. Sometimes I'm even disappointed how "easy" some encounters are (especially with ornitoreptiles). I have never experienced such satisfying sword combat since Severance - Blade of darkness, and that says something!

Hmm. If the game's too easy, then what about playing without any armor? Or without upgrading any signs or combat talents and not applying any runes or upgrades to your weapons and armor?

I want to eventually try a playthrough in a Shirt and the starting Pants and Boots. Maybe starting swords too but that may be overkill later on

@The_wtcher Actually, just have fun! ^_^

No, but patience is good I guess. You'll die now and then but you'll learn. In the beginning you won't stand much of a chance if enemies hit you. A lot is depending on your current equipment. Temerian armour is cool and I'm now level 10 and still wearing it.

I finished White Orchard without spending a single ability point. Now I've invested in swordplay and Quen. Enough said. That works for me. You'll have to figure out what works for you. But don't forget: have fun!

Poison blades for that DOT and its good against health regen enemies.
Fist fighting when you get dropped into the ring the opponent always starts with a heavy attack so its imperative be ready to parry and counter with one heavy attack as soon as the fight starts.The key is to not get greedy otherwise he'll parry you and you'll be helplessly stunned locked for a heavy attack which is particularly devastating against an opponent who can two punch knock you out. If you find that too mundane you could always go for the Cassius Clay float like a butterfly and sting like a bee with dodges and counterattacks but you do put yourself more at risk that way.

Yeah at low levels it's tough on Death March (but not that tough really) but I noticed once you hit like level 7 it's like flipping a switch because it suddenly becomes easy. I can only imagine as i get in the higher levels it will start to be like playing on the easiest difficulty setting. If I were CDPR I probably wouldn't change the difficulty of it but rather add a Hardcore mode in the future that's a little bit more tougher than Death March but once your killed its game over. That will provide some challenge for the people that want it. Probably not as challenging as they want but it's better than nothing.

but I noticed once you hit like level 7 it's like flipping a switch because it suddenly becomes easy. I can only imagine as i get in the higher levels it will start to be like playing on the easiest difficulty setting.

Was exactly the same with W2, only the introduction was frustrating initially, then a walk in the park..

TW3 death march difficulty

Hi!. Is it only me that thinks Death march is to easy? ive had to restart the game due to a bug i had, but i think the game rewards you with to much XP from mission. I am now level 12, and just finished the Famliy Matters quest. Everything has almost been a walk in the park( eccept figthing the wraiths during the ritual in family matters due to extremely lagging).

When i was level 8, i could even kill level 24 guards after i stole some stuff without to much effort!
And for my skills, i only use 2 and no mutagens. Off course it would be cool fill up my skill slots(6 skill slots), but when i find the game easy now, im afraid it willl get even more easier?

Do anybode else experience this? Or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks

Death March is pretty easy, but wow taking a lvl24 guard on lvl6. Nice, nice I say again, that must of taken forever.
Anyways yeah the game only gets easier with levels, so if want a challenge you to restrict yourself. I restricted myself to no fast attacks, no signs, but then I just got really good at strong attack timings and not using signs got real boring real quick. So now I'm building a jack of all trades build, using some basic stuff in the weapon tree, Yrden in signs and focusing on potions and oils, but mostly oils. Really only skilled into the tree because I hate my oils running out.

I really think you could build anyway you want in this game and still beat Death March with little to no problem at all.

Death March is pretty easy, but wow taking a lvl24 guard on lvl6. Nice, nice I say again, that must of taken forever.
Anyways yeah the game only gets easier with levels, so if want a challenge you to restrict yourself. I restricted myself to no fast attacks, no signs, but then I just got really good at strong attack timings and not using signs got real boring real quick. So now I'm building a jack of all trades build, using some basic stuff in the weapon tree, Yrden in signs and focusing on potions and oils, but mostly oils. Really only skilled into the tree because I hate my oils running out.

I really think you could build anyway you want in this game and still beat Death March with little to no problem at all.

i was 8 against the 24lvl guard,not 6=) It took approx 1.30 minute to kill him, my psncaupturevideothing is at 1.58 at that is before i stole the loot. Well, i guess i have to restrict myslef even more, and maybe only use skill in alchemy. Ahh, its not so fun to not use a lot of cool skills, but its not cool to be OP either.

Death march should be hard enough without restricting ourself. It should be hard even when we upgrade skills and use all signs.

I remeber that i read something that the hardest TW# difficulty would be something like bloodborne and dark souls, but its far away from that. DS" was a little bit to easy for me, but a low level build in Bloodborne was really really awesome and rewarding!

Some people wants Perma Death as a difficulty option..I dont think Perma Death is a good way to make a game hard.Just make the gameplay and combat harder with higher lvl enemies and a lot less xp!!=)

Some people wants Perma Death as a difficulty option..I dont think Perma Death is a good way to make a game hard.Just make the gameplay and combat harder with higher lvl enemies and a lot less xp!!=)

I am not fan of perma death either, I have died from fall damage quite a few times in W3, so yeah that's not a thing I can get behind. I don't even think the exp is the problem, what I want is more punishing AI, more aggressive AI, "when fighting a group of bandits they should spread out, trying to flank you, attack from from all sides and chase you if you run. Human enemies also need to learn of to parry, because at the moment they suck at it." Alot more higher level enemies in the world would be nice. Maybe on death march all enemies just need their levels bumped up, like 5 lvls for WO and 10 to 15 for the rest of the game.

I am not fan of perma death either, I have died from fall damage quite a few times in W3, so yeah that's not a thing I can get behind. I don't even think the exp is the problem, what I want is more punishing AI, more aggressive AI, "when fighting a group of bandits they should spread out, trying to flank you, attack from from all sides and chase you if you run. Human enemies also need to learn of to parry, because at the moment they suck at it." Alot more higher level enemies in the world would be nice. Maybe on death march all enemies just need their levels bumped up, like 5 lvls for WO and 10 to 15 for the rest of the game.

this!
perma-death seems pretty stupid in this game cause it has even more random death shit than the w1, w2 and any other rpg i've played as of late.
perma-death has nothing to do with skill, it just makes you play extremly passive and for me, that takes out all the fun.

all we need is some insane AI and maybe restrict death march some more (less hud-elements etc)

I havent yet even played Witcher 3 and i'm reading it being too easy on Death March. How many of you have never played Witcher games before? It may be that you guys are too good at the game or if not then the game has flaws.

I'm sure the Developers will do something to the difficulty, i wouldn't mind the game being very difficult, i remember playing mgs 3 on all difficulty setting at least 10 on each difficulty settings (with no guides) to get all dog tags. The game was easy once you got the hang of it but only bosses showd what the real difficulty is. Is it the same with this game that bosses are 2 hitters?

Last edited:
this!
perma-death seems pretty stupid in this game cause it has even more random death shit than the w1, w2 and any other rpg i've played as of late.
perma-death has nothing to do with skill, it just makes you play extremly passive and for me, that takes out all the fun.

all we need is some insane AI and maybe restrict death march some more (less hud-elements etc)

Some insane AI would be cool for SOME Enemys, but i really don't want every fuckin bandit to be a Swordmaster, do you?
I'm already a little pissed that every stupid peasant with a fork knows how to parry.
So if the AI get buffed it should be restricted to some Bossmonsters and more elite (Non)Human Enemys.

Hard at the start, but gets better, make sure you save constantly, especially before a fight even if it's a couple of level7 bandits. Buff your signs, quen and igni, and at least one level point for axii

Some insane AI would be cool for SOME Enemys, but i really don't want every fuckin bandit to be a Swordmaster, do you?
I'm already a little pissed that every stupid peasant with a fork knows how to parry.
So if the AI get buffed it should be restricted to some Bossmonsters and more elite (Non)Human Enemys.

true ... alltho all of that is pretty much covered with "better AI" :p
i think the power-scaling (hp and dmg wise) is fine for death-march, but the ai just REALLY lacks ...

the biggest problem isnt group-fights but its the single-target that is way to easy ... most humans in 1v1 can be button-mashed to death and most boss-monster attacks are so easy to avoid and they never change their behaviour

I'm creating a mod that strives to balance the difficulty curve in the game by removing some of the completely OP effects on some skills (as in Signs and Alchemy). I also made some changes to have the gameplay more dynamic (with less reliance on single sign usage) and I'm planning to revisit, in the future, the enemies encounters so that high level ones are more challenging (the more the higher the rank of them).

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/167/?

I would like if people that play on Death March would give me input and advices on how to balance the gameplay, so that I can create the best mod possible, especially for the full version of the mod that will require a restart of the game. So, please, if you have some spare time take a look at the mod and provide me feedback on how to improve it and what to do in the future. Thanks.

Top Bottom