Death March Recommended Level

+
Death March Recommended Level

Playing on PS4, I'm terrible at higher difficulty games in general, but really want to try NG+ on Death March Difficulty. Any recommended level that would make the journey a bit easier? For example, would I find it easier if I started at Level 40 compared to Level 35? Thanks!

Playing on PS4, I'm terrible at higher difficulty games in general, but really want to try NG+ on Death March Difficulty. Any recommended level that would make the journey a bit easier? For example, would I find it easier if I started at Level 40 compared to Level 35? Thanks!
Game should be a fun, not a frustration. Playing on Death March is a not goal itself, fun is the goal. If you played on Normal (or Easy) try Hard (or Normal) with NG+. If you complete game on Hard (or Normal) difficulty load a save from end of Normal (or Easy) difficulty level game and raise difficulty to Death March (or Hard) and start NG+.

Last edited:
I agree with @mj12 but there is another angle to look at it. I think that any game I played I have experienced this. The higher the difficulty, the better I became as a player. I would start usually in the easiest difficulty to feel the game and well, I would suck at them, badly. But I insisted, got a hang on the basics and switched difficulty. In some games I would do it faster, in others, not so much.

I remember how bad I was at Dragon Age Origins which I got on launch date. But after some 15 hours on it with little improvement, I searched the forums for tips on gameplay and specially on tactics since it is a tactical-rpg with lots of pausing to order the party around. With understanding of AI tactics behavior that we could preset and adjust for each party member, I deleted the saves and restarted the game on the highest difficulty and never reduced it again in some 2,000 hours I spent in that game. Almost the same thing with The Witcher 1 & 2. I restarted TW1 on "expert" diff as soon as I got the timing of attack and loved how signs/alchemy was then needed and useful and, with TW2, I started it on Hard then moved to INSANE (which it is indeed) then to Dark Mode when it became available.

With The Witcher 3, I played the whole game on "Story Only", the first time and I didn't see me moving it up to higher difficulties at the end of it. I couldn't dodge, rolling didn't work, same for blocking-countering, I sucked at fistfight, didn't play gwent, didn't use oils, decoctions, potions, bombs, anything. They weren't needed. On the middle of my second run I said fuck it. I'll never really "be" the Witcher I am used to be this way. Changed to Death March and never changed it back. And I restarted many after thereafter. After 1,550 hours all I can say is, the game is more fun now than it ever was. Now I can ever take 2 Metina boys or even 3 Skellige vikings on fistfight, at once! I never regretted the frustration and pain I had to endure when I changed to Death March. It is well worthy, IMHO.

The only game I can remember that has such evolution on difficulty done automatically is Diablo (1&2) We must complete Normal in order to go Nightmare and same thing to go Hell difficulty. And the only other game I remember being as challenging for me to go to hardest difficulty was Gothic 2. Man, I really love all those games and more. =)

@Farhad_S Have you finished the game at least once? If you are hunting the trophy, you'd need to start on DM and not change it. Else, feel how it goes and if you're not having fun it, reduce the difficulty.

Last edited:

I played the base game on Death March, and then beat HoS before proceeding to NG+. Started NG+ around level 37 or 38, I think, and it's been a pretty smooth ride on Death March. I'd say starting NG+ any higher than that and you risk making the game too easy.

Thanks a lot for your replies. Makes a lot of sense. @RageGT yes I've almost finished it once (except for HoS). Just for the trophy really, not interested in the challenge.

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Hi! Just complete the game + the side quests and then try NG+ on Death March it will be hard but fun - trust me :)

Top Bottom