Death March, regen food and meditation.

+
Death March, regen food and meditation.

I kinda think they did this backwards on Death March, food should not give regen during combat, hell food should not give regen at all.
Gaining health during meditation makes far more sense. As this is the time Geralt brews all of his potions, if he was injured wouldn't he just down a extra Swallow before meditating?

Hardly mattered once I got a Swallow and White Raffard Deconcoction, and you can meditate at any time to refill everything anyway. So, literally just taking one extra step in Death March. This is why Death March is hardly a challenge except for maybe early on, and even then, not really.

Personally i think food be only use only when out of combat for roleplay purpose due it is hard to imagine Geralt fighting a monster and eating some food. Also healing in the game is not that really hard due to overabundance of loot in the game. Yes early game is a pain but there are some ability that could help you in healing like sun and stars, 2nd tier of quen and troll decoction.
Like hell in my game i got quite a lot of food in my inventory and rarely use them in the late game due i use troll decoction.

btw, it would make more sense for food to increase maximum stamina for extended period of time, while actual stamina would be decreased. Also, attacks should use stamina, and attacks with stamina depleated, should cause much lower damage. This way, well fed Geralt would be much more effective than hungry Geralt.
HP should be only restored by potions or over longer time, not by food during combat....

Luckilly, these are things easily fixable once RedKit is released..

btw, it would make more sense for food to increase maximum stamina for extended period of time, while actual stamina would be decreased. Also, attacks should use stamina, and attacks with stamina depleated, should cause much lower damage. This way, well fed Geralt would be much more effective than hungry Geralt.
HP should be only restored by potions or over longer time, not by food during combat....

Luckilly, these are things easily fixable once RedKit is released..

Ooh I like this idea, the soulsesc stamina bar. That would make for much more interesting combat.

That would not be cool if food didnt regen the health, also if you found easier way to gain health than food in the game and rage about it andstill keep using it to make the game too eash for you, why do you use this method?

I find the game more challening because i onlu use food as health reg.

Actually, it would be much harder, because you would be limited to potions like swallow and White Raffard to regen health, and at the same time, it would make chem resistance much more important, as you wont be able to heal yourself if you are completely overdozed... also, combat would be less forgiving, because you wont be able to heal yourself during combat by using all the food you are carrying... Mind you, i'm suggesting this for DeadMarch, not for normal difficulty..

I generally find the whole "not regenerating HP on DM while meditating" and the sign and stars passive completely stupid and pointless, that add absolutely nothing on the difficulty of the game, and they are just annoying. Also i hated the eating food mechanic, especially since you can do it mid combat. It was a stupid Skyrim inspired idea.

Broken Bones and death march are really easy with the health regen if you have that perk that regains hp in the sun or if you upgrade the quen shield to replenish health. Until you get those you just need to be careful. Once you get those then it's pretty much game over for the enemies. More so the quen with health regen. That's a win button.

Guest 3823474

Yeah, it is kinda unimmersive to mend the wounds from combat during combat by eating.

Yeah, it is kinda unimmersive to mend the wounds from combat during combat by eating.

Using immersion as a reason is shaky grounds to walk on. Get your point because eating in middle of combat seems far fetched, but if you play the immersion card then you walk into the landmines of almost all the game being far fetched - carrying 22 swords and 8 suits of armor in some secret pocket but eating in combat is not ok; a "magic" potion can regen hp in combat but food cant? Maybe all food in the witcher universe is "magic" too :)

Guest 3823474

Using immersion as a reason is shaky grounds to walk on. Get your point because eating in middle of combat seems far fetched, but if you play the immersion card then you walk into the landmines of almost all the game being far fetched - carrying 22 swords and 8 suits of armor in some secret pocket but eating in combat is not ok; a "magic" potion can regen hp in combat but food cant? Maybe all food in the witcher universe is "magic" too :)

So let's aim for zero immersion then?
Think please!

This. WR and swallow pretty much makes food and sun&stars pointless.
I like the fact that you cant meditate to refill your health. You gotta earn your potions and upgrade them.

i think it would be best, if food impacted stamina regeneration instead of health. And meditating should only replenish health if you have positive health regen. Shame time has no weight in Witcher 3... previously, if some potion would heal certain amount of health over longer time (let say hour) and you meditated for hour, then after you finish meditating, that potion effect would be complete... in W3, potion effect is canceled, and even own health regen is ignored (on DM)

So let's aim for zero immersion then?
Think please!

only on the internet do people resort to such extremes, black/white, must be zero or totally all - re-read or just take a deep breath. My reply
a) specifically said "get your point" and merely added the caution that playing immersion card, like realism card, has it's downsides.

b) your EXACT quote I replied to was "Yeah, it's kinda unimmersive to mend the wounds from combat during combat by eating"
-using your reply, 'Think please!"

-if regenerating wounds via eating during combat is ruining your immersion, than it is VERY relevant how my example could do no less - e.g. carry 22 swords

-asking for some realism doesn't mean need to be zero reality or 100% reality, it can be shades of gray. But picking any 1 arbitrary one of the things you don't think are immersive and then saying aha! - THIS is the one and only one that people get to think ruins immersion because that's how I think and therefore anyone that doesn't agree is not thinking right, is just pure ego and condescension.

-so be consistent if you can wrap your head around that concept - you either believe in total immersion in which case any non-realistic behavior is bad, or you believe in shades of gray - as your reply implies - that it doesn't have to be a zero or nothing. But if that's the case, what's your beef with my reply then? Since in a partial immersion world, some things are going to be agreeable to some people's idea of ok immersion, while others are not.

I will end with your own words again - think please! :)

Top Bottom