Death of important characters (Spoilers)

+

Death of important characters (Spoilers)

• Total voters
I am very sure theres gonna be an option for Geralt to commit the "heroic death for eternal piece, happyness and rainbows"-suicide.

Ciri is safe, as nobody actually wants her dead (yet) - would be kinda cool and tragic, but I don't see it.

I can imagine either Yen or Triss dying away during the last part of the arc.

One/several of Geralts close ones, to motivate the story further (so either Vesimir, Zoltan, Eskel, Lambert, etc).
Roche or Iorweth, seeing as they both are idealists, and those tend to 'dun goofd' in times like these, for a just cause.

Holefully Ves for being a traitor.

I am not so sure on Emhyr, he has a way of surviving things. But the Elven sorceress is gonna die, either by the wild hunt or by some massacre.
Djikstra, maybe.

I see the logic !
Since Zoltan is a dwarf, he has short legs and so he can't run as fast as the others. He's gonna fall behind when the Wild Hunt comes, so he is the first to go :)

Dwarves are natural sprinters! Very dangerous on the short distances!

Anyway I have to say it... I don't think he'll be the first character...but I have a feeling that Geralt will die. Aw.

If Geralt dies, he's staying dead. No magical Unicorn is coming to save his life and take him away. That's a "once in a lifetime" occurrence.

For me, Geralt dying will probably leave me with a bad taste. Since he will die in the end of the game. I hate it when the "hero" dies in the end.

I think that some important characters should die, but not Geralt, and not in the end of the game. The perfect timing would be as Sapkowski did it, just right before the end. That way we get to experience the characters a lot more, and become more connected to them. And when they die, then we get sad.

Anyway! I really can't choose who I'd prefer to die in the games. But if Dandelion ends up dead, I'm going on a rampage. I'll kill every puppy in the game.

:fury:

Well, apparently the latest book makes it pretty clear he's still alive quite a ways into the future, so I don't know if CDPR sees Geralt-killing as an option.

I don't like cheap main character deaths either, but sometimes the death of the main character is meaningful and really impacts the player on an emotional level.
Red Dead redemption is an example of a game that the main character's death had meaning and good reasoning behind it, and it also packed an emotional punch that helped drive the point home.
If CDPR decides to kill Geralt, I hope it's not a cheap death and a failed attempt to make things over-dramatic.

I don't remember where I read this, but it was official and not some kind of rumor (If any of you know what am I talking about can he/she post the article?)
It has being said that once you've finished the game, beaten the last enemy whatever it is you can't return to explore the world at all, the only things you can do is reload a previous save or create a new one and re-start the game...
That said I think :sad: that Geralt might die at end of the story no matter the choices we made previously... Well I know that it's not a certain proof that our Witcher will die but this makes me really suspicious...

Why? You couldn't keep playing in the other two either.

Well, there's no sequel to TW3, according to CDPR. So @BWGames has a point there.

But the fact that you won't be able to play after the game ends, is no indication that Geralt will die, in my opinion.

Frankly I don't think Geralt will die at all.

If Geralt dies, he's staying dead. No magical Unicorn is coming to save his life and take him away. That's a "once in a lifetime" occurrence.
Well, not without Ciri, I mean Ihuarraquax alone couldn't do a damn thing if Ciri didn't touch his horn. Remember that only virgins can touch this animal, so the legend says.
That's why we can't be immortals. I'm already sorry for this silly joke.

And the unicorn couldn't touch Geralt directly because it could have killed him. Twice.
So don't worry about that "once in a lifetime occurence". :hrhr:
I think that some important characters should die, but not Geralt, and not in the end of the game. The perfect timing would be as Sapkowski did it, just right before the end. That way we get to experience the characters a lot more, and become more connected to them. And when they die, then we get sad.
You nailed it. *goes crying in a corner*
Anyway! I really can't choose who I'd prefer to die in the games. But if Dandelion ends up dead, I'm going on a rampage. I'll kill every puppy in the game.
No! Don't! Kill everyone but not the dog!

Last edited:
And the unicorn couldn't touch Geralt directly because it could have killed him. Twice.

Sure he could have. As long as he didn't stab Geralt, everything would've been cool:

‘Even if by some miracle, you collapse the barrier,’ Eredin was not distracted by her look, ‘you know that it would mean your doom. This world seems very beautiful. But it can also bring death, especially to strangers. A wound from the horn of a unicorn has no cure, not even magic."

The Lady of the Lake

Sure he could have. As long as he didn't stab Geralt, everything would've been cool:

‘Even if by some miracle, you collapse the barrier,’ Eredin was not distracted by her look, ‘you know that it would mean your doom. This world seems very beautiful. But it can also bring death, especially to strangers. A wound from the horn of a unicorn has no cure, not even magic."

The Lady of the Lake
Oh thanks, didn't remember that specific line. I thought that the horn brings life and death, without that wound thing. :coffee:
By the way Geralt is no virgin :lol:
Anyway, now I'm thinking more about it, Ihuarraquax letting Ciri touch his horn and giving her that "spark of life" had a further reason, because she did almost the same thing with him in Korath Desert.

The way I see it, a Triss or Yen death won't occur until the back end of game and we probably won't even see Ciri until around the halfway mark. As for Zoltan and Dandelion, i honestly just don't see either of them dying. So I definitely think it will be one of the Witchers that kick the bucket first.

If either Triss or Yennefer can kick the bucket, I really hope it isn't "Geralt chooses Triss, Yennefer dies" and vice versa. I would like either of their deaths to stem from multiple choices Geralt made earlier in the story, so maybe you could avoid them dying at another (potentially much greater) cost. I think it might even be interesting if one of them could die before Geralt has to make his "love choice". Which might then spawn an opportunity to have a third "love choice" of neither, if you don't want to be with the remaining sorceress. Just an idea.

As for who will die first, I think it will be one of the other Witchers, Roche or Iorveth. Vesemir seems a bit cliche. It also might be interesting if Letho is one of the first to die if he is in your game. I'm not completely against scripted deaths, but given characters die at the cost of other choices (maybe some unknown choices) makes it really interesting and non-repetitive.

Just imagine how Leto would be surprised, if Emhyr will not help him rebuilt his snakey school.

~A NU CHEEKI BREEKI I V DAMKE!~

Vesemir and the witcher's seem so tempting, Vesemir having the menthor death and Lambert some kind of selfish sacrifice because he was being a prick.

But that's just not how Sapkowski or CDPR works, so I can only tell that there will be a possibility of Triss, Yennefer, Geralt and Eskel/Lambert (in a different way).

Death is always a nasty thing. Especially if a character COULD die, based on your decision. So every character that could have died so far was important till this point in the story but not further. Thats alwasy the problem with player based choices. But of course CDPR can kill characters without player influence.

Death Predictions in Witcher 3

This is the thread for who you think will die in Witcher 3.

My bets are on a choice that will involve one of the witchers.

Something like save Lambert, or Vesemir. Or maybe one of them just dying as per the story.

Post who you think will die!

Top Bottom