Death Stranding Has Gone Gold

+
It's coming peeps. 11082019! Not long now. I am just soooooo curious to find out what the game is all about.
Perhaps, it's a game changer. Something totally new and fresh. Looking forward to it.

If this is bullt on same engine as Zero Horizon its gonna be great. For me Zero Horizon was one of the positive surprises of the year.
You used a double negative saying you don't think it doesn't look bad = it looks bad lol

Not sure how an engine will dictate if it's great, plenty of games on a same engine are great and trash. So far this game just looks too obscure and lacking real gameplay depth. If they had a lot more to show, they should have. Everyone I know has been completely turned off from the game after hearing and seeing more

You used a double negative saying you don't think it doesn't look bad = it looks bad lol

Not sure how an engine will dictate if it's great, plenty of games on a same engine are great and trash. So far this game just looks too obscure and lacking real gameplay depth. If they had a lot more to show, they should have. Everyone I know has been completely turned off from the game after hearing and seeing more

I liked Zero Horizon's engine, it felt different than any other game Ive played, and Ive played a ton.

If CDPR wants to make second engine, Decima is the way to go, imho.

Pretty sure it's still gonna be hyped since it is Kojima's baby, not to mention lot's of big name streamers will generally play as PS4 sponsors, I saw some really interesting mechanics in the game and there is fighting, Kojima is a big story teller, not to mention mind twister with crazy ideas coming from MGSV, I'm sure that whomever wants to play it, will.

I'm not sold on the setting, but Kojima can weave an interesting story, though convoluted. I think this is a game I'd rather watch someone play. But more power to Kojima fans.

A Hideo Kokima game by Hideo Kojima. Wasn’t interested in “his” games before, couldn’t care less now.
This dude is great at mind tricks, otherwise I have no idea how anyone in their right mind can find stories from a failed movie director interesting.

A game about a hardened soldier dealing with severe PTSD suddenly introduces flaming flying whale, WTF? Pretty good gameplay mechanics are ruined by box stealth and half-naked mute girl that’s only there to tickle prepubescent boys sense of sexual excitement.

Kojima initially wanted to be a film director but was swayed by his mother to be a video game designer. He first started with Konami as an assistant director for a game (Penguin Adventure) none of us would even care or remember. From there, Kojima made some of Konami's best series such as Snatchers, Policenauts, the Metal Gear series. Each game pushed some boundaries for the game industry at their time, not just on gameplay, but more so on the design of the game by introducing mature concepts like sex and violence, Freudian ideas, and visual aspects found in films. It's important that this industry has people like him pushing the portrayals of video games - even into the absurdities - to expand themes and creativity. But that was then when games were about collecting coins, shuffling through simple flat dungeons, and listening to corny dialogues; well, now there are more developers pushing and pulling away from the modern cliches, so I'm glad too see this. I don't really care what Kojima does, mainly because, chances are if his game is bland despite being unique, at least there are other developers producing unique portrayals just like what he used to do. So what I'm saying is... well, he's fuckin' Kojima, let him come up with whatever wacky idea he wants, at least it won't be a game of an army man fighting bad army men with zombies and mulitplayer tacked on with microtransactions and pandering agendas.

A little bird told me it's a great game and lasts 50ish hours. 100% Kojima in each aspect, good or bad. In terms of graphics it's another miracle on PS4 pro.

I don't have any more intel.

Can't wait! GOTY incoming! (quite easy this year)

A little bird told me it's a great game and lasts 50ish hours. 100% Kojima in each aspect, good or bad. In terms of graphics it's another miracle on PS4 pro.

I don't have any more intel.

Can't wait! GOTY incoming! (quite easy this year)
It's downfall is going to be it's obscurity. In general, obscure games are harder to win in overall category. I'm sure it will win A goty award, that's not hard to do. Every year there's 10-15 games that win goty from different publications. I haven't looked into how well Metro: Exodus ended up being received but I'd think that would be a contender. I don't think The Outer Worlds is strong enough in the market to pull majority goty awards

Top Bottom