December 10, 2020 ... Are we sure?

+
I find it hard to belive that people who seem to have the free time to chat on forums and catch up on new and videos of a new game cant get at least an hour per day off to play the game.

You can write on forums from your phone, man. From work.

It would take something crazy to make CDPR delay again.

They have proven themselves crazy time and again.

To you it is silly, but to some its the only time they actually can play. (by taking time off)

The confusing part isn't the fact some people have to take time off to find an opportunity to play. It's the fact they must do it right when the game releases. See the difference? If one were so strapped for time it would make the most sense to remove all uncertainty and wait until the game was in hand, so to speak.

In terms of the thread topic, my personal view remains unchanged. I'll "believe" the game is available when I have it running on my system of choice. Not a second before. Announced release dates for video games are too fickle to rely upon. As the previous announcements for this specific game have clearly demonstrated.

ehem.
Post automatically merged:

So 16 days until the release of the game. Once again I'm planning to take my vacation for when the game is released. Will the game be released December 10th. FOR REAL this time?
Keep in mind you will need to download a humongous patch if you're buying a physical copy and still the game will have bugs, plenty of bugs. I don't know if you'll want to waste a day off to download stuff and eventually have a bugged game.
I mean, they delayed the game so many times because it was a mess, the 3 additional weeks are probably a crazy crunch run to make it barely playable.

Keep in mind you will need to download a humongous patch if you're buying a physical copy and still the game will have bugs, plenty of bugs. I don't know if you'll want to waste a day off to download stuff and eventually have a bugged game.
I mean, they delayed the game so many times because it was a mess, the 3 additional weeks are probably a crazy crunch run to make it barely playable.

Yeap, every game will be released with bugs. Thats reality. But the official reasons behind the delay seem to be getting it to work steady on consoles, not to fix bugs.

Physical copies have been sent out, it looks pretty legit.

But I wouldn't recommend taking a holiday, you can always take one after you have the game.

No, I'm good at my job, and when the game is released I will no doubt be too distracted to focus on work. Which wouldn't be good. As the Oracle in the Matrix said one should know ones self.

Nothing is certain than death and taxes. But we know they have started to work on Witcher 4 so we gotta be close. Freaking crazy I joined 2017. Im married and two kids etc.

Played Assassin's creed Valhalla. It is very buggy. Some quest can't even be completed. Items are duplicated (in a bad way). You can start a quest where the story assumes you already completed other parts of the game and if you don't reload an earlier save you are stuck. However even with all those problems overall it was still a pretty good game. The story isn't great and the fishing mini-game REALLY sucks. I say that as someone who LOVES fishing in games. It is just an unnecessary pain in this game. All that said the story was passable and the combat was enjoyable and the level scaling is EXACTLY how level scaling should be. The bugs do need to get fixed eventually. NG+ needs to be implemented in a good way, and there is a lot of places that can be expanded on VIA expansion packs, but I don't regret playing the game. I know some people are returning it, but I think it was close enough to being worth the price even though it fell short and pushed too many modern "inclusive" things. As in there are WAY too many bi-sexuals in game and it's considered "normal" in spite of the historical setting. It also shows an incredibly skewed version of Christianity. Lol..sorry I got on a bit of a rant, but yeah a degree of buginess is forgivable.

So 16 days until the release of the game. Once again I'm planning to take my vacation for when the game is released. Will the game be released December 10th. FOR REAL this time?

YES, this is the most certain at this point. The hard copies already shipped & saved in store houses around the world [...]. CDPR would received a gigantic backlash if the delay it again.
Expect the probability of some YouTubers, game journos, & streamers already getting a copies of this game in 2 or 1 week before launch day

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom