Decided to quit

+
Shadow-Stalker;n10578752 said:
Oh, and to repeat myself...

Seriously what is the problem here? You are in a pretty ideal scenario.

You go first with a crappy low tempo play of a silver that put 10 points on the board.
He counters with an even crappier 7 point silver counter that locks a bronze.
Your turn up 3 points.

At this point you could pass the turn and have him go down a card if your hand is bricked because of the lock. Pretty ideal scenario considering you went first and it is apparently "impossible to win going first" (it isn't). Then because he is bad and played bad he will probably give you a short round 2 and then you res the unlocked D'ao in a long round 3 with weather and win.

Pruny;n10581642 said:
I quit for a week last month because cleaver spy swarm abuse, but i got back because i realised that i could win in round 3 with one card less because they dont have a finisher and my swordmaster is ~15.
I got to 4100mmr but then i got destroyed by alchemy with spy abuse rainfarn+cantarela and mandraked calveit for finisher. they also kill my dragoons and get them with slavers.
:mean:

One of the only people here that sounds like he actually knows how to play the game.

Alchemy Nilf was the only deck last season (guess this one too...) that seemed overpowered.

Slave Driver should be a silver (increased power) and Viper Witcher needs a nerf.

liezldiezldee;n10584452 said:
Seriously what is the problem here? You are in a pretty ideal scenario.

You go first with a crappy low tempo play of a silver that put 10 points on the board.
He counters with an even crappier 7 point silver counter that locks a bronze.
Your turn up 3 points.

At this point you could pass the turn and have him go down a card if your hand is bricked because of the lock. Pretty ideal scenario considering you went first and it is apparently "impossible to win going first" (it isn't). Then because he is bad and played bad he will probably give you a short round 2 and then you res the unlocked D'ao in a long round 3 with weather and win.

This, boys and girls, is why the game has been simplified beyond recognition.

Everyone are going to play the top decks son and that will never change in a card game. Mechanics change by each sets they realize and the top decks change again and every body will netcopy them again over and over and forever. Card companys can't change that hahaha you are asking the impossible.

The Way of why we play Card Games.
1.having fun
2.be the first Who build the top deck and post it to you tube for fame and to every one can netcopy.
3.make money money from it.

If you don't have 1 of does ways just dont play this card game or others.

GlassCards;n10588352 said:
Kinda wish sk had a faction diversity again.

Discard theme needs a buff but it is probably hard to balance on their end because of so many quality resurrection mechanics that would abuse it in unintended fashions

Tir_na_Lia;n10582712 said:
For the OP's same reasons, I am about to quit the game.
Already found something else that will not create frustration, search was painfully simple.

Gwent could have been a great game

What good game have you found?

Please share, i'm just about to quit gwent as well

So tired of the same GREATSWORD, VIPER WITCHER, NEKKER, CLEAVER, ARCHESPORE (repeat), games

Ranarch;n10591462 said:
What good game have you found?

Please share, i'm just about to quit gwent as well

So tired of the same GREATSWORD, VIPER WITCHER, NEKKER, CLEAVER, ARCHESPORE (repeat), games

I started playing Poker online again.

Less RNG, no disconnection problems :).

liezldiezldee;n10584512 said:
Viper Witcher needs a nerf.

You are damn right!

Every bronze in the NG alchemy deck has the power of a silver card

Viper Witcher = 15 points

Slave Driver = Your cards +1, either raw 11/13 or utility 8/10

Vicovaro Novice + Mahakan Ale combo = 14 points

Not to talk about having a strong 20 points free finisher with trial of the grasses

Guest 4273762

I know how you feel man. Literally on the verge of quitting.

Oh, let's nerf Alchemy now like we did Spies (unplayable already).

I can agree on Slave Driver and VW to an extent. SD should show 2 cards at most (just like Elven Scout) and VW may need to go couple of points down, though this will not remove the problem with their removal ability and might be considered buff with Trial. But lately the thing that is driving me nuts is this Slave Drivers and Vico Medics combo. It is really frustrating to play against this in number of archetypes.

Tir_na_Lia;n10592202 said:
I started playing Poker online again.

Less RNG, no disconnection problems :).

Obviously you know that is not true. It is just that in Poker everybody accepts the RNG (better known as probability to get certain cards and combos based on what you have in hand, what common cards are drawn and how opponents react to that by betting and/or folding) as part of the game. Nevertheless I have seen many people complain about losing with two Aces to three something where the third low card has shown up on the River (last common card) even though the probability getting a third 4 is equal to a third Ace. That's why you don't longplay two Aces but rather threaten with the all-in. But if somebody calls you, probability can and will you screw over more often than you think is possible.

In fact this is where Poker and Gwent are quite similar. There are skilled poker players that always manage to play in the top ranks because they strictly play the odds (pot vs. hand) fully accepting that they may lose that particular hand. Just as in Gwent the same skilled players end up always in the top, because they adapt to the changes and play their decks consistently well, no matter which of the ten cards they draw from the 25. Of course, there is RNG, it starts with the drawing, continues with the mulligan and ends with your opponent sabotaging your strategy. And sometimes you use cards that provide a variety of options, some better than others. Yet nobody complains if the RNG works in their favor, only when they are at the receiving end.

So in case you haven't noticed: It works the same for everybody, your opponent is not using any different cards, we all have access to the same set.

partci;n10592942 said:

I can agree on Slave Driver and VW to an extent. SD should show 2 cards at most (just like Elven Scout) and VW may need to go couple of points down, though this will not remove the problem with their removal ability and might be considered buff with Trial. But lately the thing that is driving me nuts is this Slave Drivers and Vico Medics combo. It is really frustrating to play against this in number of archetypes.

THere has been suggestions to increase the viper witchers power to 6 or 7 so that they cannot be ressed with ointment.

Voyagers;n10594512 said:
THere has been suggestions to increase the viper witchers power to 6 or 7 so that they cannot be ressed with ointment.

Or maybe absolutely change Ointment so it can do something different? I do not like this Resurrection in every faction deal at all.

I'm not going to quit the game altogether, but I'm definitely taking a break. I'm just bored of facing the same 3 or 4 decks, making the same plays over and over and over again

Some of the game winning RNG/Create nonsense that I've faced is just... well, unbelievable... another game lost because oppo managed to conjure a weather clear / artifact compression / whatever out of nowhere, plus some technical issues that have resulted in game losses. So... time to take a break for the duration of this patch I think.

partci;n10594622 said:
Or maybe absolutely change Ointment so it can do something different? I do not like this Resurrection in every faction deal at all.

I like this fix. Leave viper witcher alone but don't let ointment res as a neutral

Make slave driver an uncommon and give it like 6 power.

partci;n10592942 said:

What infuriates me in the community right now is how little analysis some posters give to what makes certain decks OP, or even just powerful, leading to blanket complaints about everything in a deck and nothing productive being said.

The Viper Witcher is not a problem, he's just a great removal card. The problem is vicovaro novice, mahakam ale, slave driver and ointment.

For Viper Witcher to be playable you need to devote nearly half of a 25 card deck to alchemy cards. For Alchemy to keep pace it absolutely MUST get a unit on 3 rows as fast as possible, otherwise it very quickly ends up on the back foot. Slave driver fills two spots turn one, then novice hits and its chug-a-lug, mofos! Ointment either lets them reuse viper witchers or lets them thin out alchemy cards even faster.

I think ale is actually the key piece that needs looking at the most (and slave driver, but everyone knows that). Ale is too easy to get rolling in the create era. Ointment I'm not sure about. I'm beginning to think it could do with a lower strength limit, so it can only be used on weak lynchpin pieces (novice, slave infantry) and the like, rather than key cards like vip witch. on the other hand, without being able to revive them I can see the deck becoming instantly non-viable, since that's their main removal tool.

True vipers are good design. create needs to be removes from ranked, its infuriating and made LIFECOACH quit!

Last edited by a moderator:
ErraticSpawn;n10594282 said:
In fact this is where Poker and Gwent are quite similar.

ErraticSpawn;n10594282 said:
So in case you haven't noticed: It works the same for everybody, your opponent is not using any different cards, we all have access to the same set.

No. The game is asymmetric and your opponent is likely to have different cards. If you refuse to add "create" cards to your own deck, you are playing at a deficit.
In poker both players use the same set of cards, the same deck and you don't "create" a fifth ace out of your &%$£.
Plus in poker you can play with all of the cards: it is not like you don't "own" a Jack and hence you cannot play him.
Gwent is highly asymmetric, while Poker is not. No need of card tuinig and card balancing in Poker.

In Poker the RNG is restricted to card draw, while in Gwent different kinds of RNG are surfacing, and that's likely the reason while an ex-professional Poker player (Lifecoach) stopped playing the game.
To me asymmetric gameplay is fine, while high level of RNG embedded on cards is not.

x1Cygnus;n10594682 said:
I'm not going to quit the game altogether, but I'm definitely taking a break. I'm just bored of facing the same 3 or 4 decks, making the same plays over and over and over again

Some of the game winning RNG/Create nonsense that I've faced is just... well, unbelievable... another game lost because oppo managed to conjure a weather clear / artifact compression / whatever out of nowhere, plus some technical issues that have resulted in game losses. So... time to take a break for the duration of this patch I think.

Same here.

Top Bottom