Deck of the Day

+
Nice QG - Ida combo and a Draig Bon Dhu. Perhabs I will play a game of Gwent this week:smart:

Keep em coming. Nowadays I enjoy reading ideas and all that theorycrafting more then actually playing the game. Don' stress yourself to much with coming up with one everyday. Just keep em coming and inventive.

I too gave the NG soldier swarm a revisit. My version was way more like "in the old days" when we only had gold set A and set B and it sucked. The cahir/yen combo i totally ignored but it fits really well, so I gave it another try. sadly I took it to rank and it was not so funny not at all. NR swarm ...oh boy perhabs I can enjoy gwent again after I convince myself to play "unranked".

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
@Jollyrogerxberg Thanks for the support. And dont worry with pressure on me to put new decks everyday: usually i already have the next 1-2 decks prepared, plus 4-6 ideas on "the drawing board" for the following decks, i aint lacking in the imagination department for new gwent decks.

If i ever do miss a day or take a break, it probably wont be for lack of ideas but because i cant or dont feel like playing Gwent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, we are going for a simple, straightforward deck for a change.
Im thinking of doing this system: each week has 7 days, one of those will be for a seasonal deck, another one will be a simple deck, more towards beginners or players who dont want complicated/meme stuff.

[DECK OF 25-05-21]
[FROST AND FOG]

This is a deck i built at the beginning of the season, to take advantage of the rework on the foglets.
It is devotion, and MO doesnt have many control tools, its unfavoured vs engine decks (unless they're rowlocked).

Also, i recommend doing the replacements i suggest at the end of deckguide, im sorry i was too lazy to change em after the deck was shared to the site.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Since seasonal mode changed yesterday, and they only stay for 1 week, i like to share my seasonal decks ASAP.
This seasonal mode - 'Trial of the Grasses' - is one of my favourites. It's also the one where i have the most experience and best winrate.

[DECK OF 26-05-21]
[SEASONAL DECK - COPYCAT]

Its really ironic how NG dominates most seasonal modes, but in this one it's not as popular, even though it counters the 2 popular metadecks perfectly.

Basically, NR and SK do brainless pointslam with witchers. And this deck always beats them because it copies those same units.
Also, those decks almost always pack Yrden and that's it. 2 Yrdens (one with doublecross) + 1 Igni beat a single Yrden everytime.
You are free to change a lot of cards in the deck, just keep the ones i say are needed in the deckguide.

(EDIT) forgot to say here and in the guide, but do NOT underestimate NIvellen, its an absolute gamechanger as players will try to distribute their biggest boosted units on different rows, and yet nobody else is using movement to make these Yrdens bigger.

FInally, there is a chance you will face other decks that are not NR or SK. Against those, you wont have such strong cards to copy, but if they arent strong, you beat em anyway. Its a win-win deck (mostly because of double Yrden yes) :shrug:

NG Copycat vs the one to beat EDIT.jpg

I thought the SK one would be harder to beat at first, because armor up is cheaper (5pr-4pr) and the bear witcher quartermaster got zeal, so you can no longer lock them like i used to do in january... nope, they just play one quartermaster and you win.
i had to discard 2 cards worth 10+pts and still this was the result.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Today we got a good one, i wanted to share it since past weekend, but it kept being delayed for reasons...
What is a good deck for this thread? When it manages to be reasonably strong, quite original and super fun!

[DECK OF 27-05-21]
[SNEAKY DWARVES]

I am not a big ST player. It's a faction with diversity, but for a meme player as myself, there isnt much potential, even Misterhabbla said the same thing recently on one of his videos, and he considers ST his favourite faction.

I actually had to look at the deckbuilding at ST+neutral cardpool to search for ideas for original decks, it took quite some time but i struck gold.
I am not a fan of dwarves at all, mostly because of their boosty, rowstacking nature, but i think i managed to escape that route.

And the spice, Ihuarraquax!
This card is so much fun, i know messing with opponents deck is loathed by many players, and NG specialty, but Ihuarraquax is just a tiny bit of that, and not completely RNG-dependent, it does envolve some strategy from the player who uses it. so its always great to find combos for it on different factions, try it!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Announcement: i will do 2 more decks, for this weekend, then i will stop with this thread temporarily, until the expansion releases.
Hopefully i'll start again right back on June 8th, with brand new decks.
Also, today's deck isnt good at all, but the next 2 ones will make up for this one, i promise :ohstopit:

[DECK OF 28-05-21]
[FAILED EXPERIMENT]

I like to make these decks very different from each other, but this one ended up not only bad, but kind of a mesh of the last 2 SY (self poison and insanity+no coin).

Which is kind of ironic, the SY decks ive been posting here are the worst when its the faction that's dominating, but i didnt want to post another bounty/control deck, or revisit Pasiflora and Congregate, which im not a big fan of.

Finally, even though the deck is flawed, the concept is solid - trying to showcase the potential of defensive Yrdens (you use on your side of the board). Only 2 factions can take advantage of this: SK self damage and SY insanity, but unfortunately there's too few insanity cards, its the SY mechanic/archetype with the least amount of support.

I was also planning on doing a SK self damage with defensive Yrden, however i got something else in mind for my next decks, so i CHALLENGE YOU INSTEAD, to do a SK self yrden deck, im sure it will be better than this one :cool:

Announcement: i will do 2 more decks, for this weekend, then i will stop with this thread temporarily, until the expansion releases.
Hopefully i'll start again right back on June 8th, with brand new decks.
Also, today's deck isnt good at all, but the next 2 ones will make up for this one, i promise :ohstopit:

[DECK OF 28-05-21]

I was also planning on doing a SK self damage with defensive Yrden, however i got something else in mind for my next decks, so i CHALLENGE YOU INSTEAD, to do a SK self yrden deck, im sure it will be better than this one :cool:
The question is why put in a defensive Yrden in the Deck when we have this beauty?
1452(1).png

It's probably one of the most underrated Cards and with Yrden you would probably be tempted to use it offensively in most match-ups anyway.

@DRK3 I just took your QG deck to rank (5) and gave it a go for the SK daily quest. It was PF pirate/ship/dagur deck and he opened with Herkja. just great! Your deck is strong even my opening hand was wierd i could totally abuse his matchplan and won r3 75/53. MVP was surley our beauty from above. thx onewhocravessouls for already posting her image:howdy:. first round I played her in the wrong row. R3 revive with rite, she made me unstoppable.
I had to kill the 1p QGs with leader to keep playing and still discarded my last card because bouth rowes were full. Draig bun do was played r1 to pressure win on even but bled Hemdall wich was even better.

thx for this amazing opener for a happy weekend

edit: okay second game second win. OH singelton succu deck (wierd). This time i discarded totem as last card but with the big draig finisher. 93/74. Heatwave for ida was his biggest mistake because flaminica was rocking jutta and a full row of QGs.
If you have Qgs on both rows ida totally forgotten.
hint: not every engine deck needs a long r3 if your engine stucks both rows in about 5 turns^^

Last edited:
Since seasonal mode changed yesterday, and they only stay for 1 week, i like to share my seasonal decks ASAP.
This seasonal mode - 'Trial of the Grasses' - is one of my favourites. It's also the one where i have the most experience and best winrate.

[DECK OF 26-05-21]
[SEASONAL DECK - COPYCAT]

Its really ironic how NG dominates most seasonal modes, but in this one it's not as popular, even though it counters the 2 popular metadecks perfectly.

Basically, NR and SK do brainless pointslam with witchers. And this deck always beats them because it copies those same units.
Also, those decks almost always pack Yrden and that's it. 2 Yrdens (one with doublecross) + 1 Igni beat a single Yrden everytime.
You are free to change a lot of cards in the deck, just keep the ones i say are needed in the deckguide.

(EDIT) forgot to say here and in the guide, but do NOT underestimate NIvellen, its an absolute gamechanger as players will try to distribute their biggest boosted units on different rows, and yet nobody else is using movement to make these Yrdens bigger.

FInally, there is a chance you will face other decks that are not NR or SK. Against those, you wont have such strong cards to copy, but if they arent strong, you beat em anyway. Its a win-win deck (mostly because of double Yrden yes) :shrug:

View attachment 11220518

I thought the SK one would be harder to beat at first, because armor up is cheaper (5pr-4pr) and the bear witcher quartermaster got zeal, so you can no longer lock them like i used to do in january... nope, they just play one quartermaster and you win.
i had to discard 2 cards worth 10+pts and still this was the result.
Despite you ingore sometimes my post, i fell happy i convince you using NG in this seasonal its the best.

Also, i like your ideas with Shaelmarr and Nivellen. AH, and also rico

I also using the warrit and vyper wither alchemist combo, and a lot of times i get my opponent Yrden. In my deck i dont have Triss telekinese, but i have ciri dash and letho. Both of them are good, but they are always the remove targets (wich its fine, since i have more chances to Cahir to survive, and if i get they're yrden its a GG)

DRK3

Forum veteran
@OneWhoCravesSouls That's true, Heymaey Flaminica is absolutely amazing, easily one of my top 5 favourite cards in Gwent.

I even thought of doing a deck 100% centered on her (with all those units that self damage on deploy, i did it before, its called 'Healing Row'), but i ended up exploring another of my favourite SK archetypes for tomorrow.

@Jollyrogerxberg Im glad that QG deck is serving you well, it really is strong, sometimes the problem is lack of space, but usually in those instances it means you're winning anyway, even if you have to discard. Whenever anyone attempts to push R2 against that deck, i have to thank em.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Today's deck is...

[DECK OF 29-05-21]
[PIRATE LIFE FOR ME]

I love the pirate archetype in SK. And i like this deck, but it was very frustrating because yesterday i spent many hours trying to make different versions of pirate decks, but in the end, this version, which is my 2nd version since Crach was released, was still better than those i intended to share.

The problem with SK Pirates, allegedly, are the many anti-synergies it presents.
This is true, i agree those anti-synergies are present, however if you look at the deckbuilder, you will see there are enough bronze pirates and ships to enable very different types of pirate-ship decks, so the solution is to avoid the anti-synergies or if you dont, try to use the cards with anti synergies on different rounds.

The deckguide is pretty complete, so instead now i'll analyze the anti-synergies within the archetype:

Dimun warship + dimun smuggler - these are two great cards, but they dont work well together, since you dont want the warships to revive a 3pt smuggler, you want to setup your graveyard with only big bronze pirates, that will give 6-8pts.

Holger + everything - a lot of ships and pirates, you want to establish as early as possible, but you also want to play holger first to not waste his effects.

Rading Fleet + dimun warship/tidecloak hideaway - raiding fleet is a great card, and while you can play it carelessly when you only have dimun/an craite longships on your deck, you dont want it to pull a dimun warship if its on R1 and you havent set up any pirates on GY, or you dont want to pull a hideaway if you have no other units on board (that's why you should always use magic lamp stratagem with this deck)

Dimun corsair + longships - i tried using these, but they're only worth it vs decks with little removal, which arent many nowadays, so its best to stick to deploy value of other bronzes. Also, same thing as with holger, you want to setup all engines ASAP and there's no good order.

Tidecloak hideaway - this card is amazing in this deck, because it has a ton of pirates, more than ships, like 70-30. The other versions i tried were 50-50 and my hideaways were getting much less value. Also, when you build a deck with so many units, you sacrifice those cheap 4-5 pt removal specials that are so helpful in control, that's why pirates is harder to pilot than warriors, since it requires more setup and strategy.

Also, pirate decks arent too good in short rounds. This version is the best for short rounds, the others were doing much worse on short rounds, i guess because they were more focused on wide punishment, but on short rounds, that isnt effective, and you dont have the pointslam of a Harald or Eist that warriors have.

Finally, dont understimate the warship. It IS worth making sacrifices on deckbuilding for it. Why? We are on a heavy control meta, dominated by SK and SY, and they are both using devotion. They wont lock or banish your warship, so anything that benefits from all the damage you take is great for this meta #wewantSKdeathwish :oops:

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
This is it guys...
I've done it.
A deck that strikes on all the fields - its insanely fun, oozing with complexity where every match is different, and really strong.
And couldnt come at a more appropriate time:
It will be the last deck of the month.
And the last deck i share here... until the expansion! See you there :cool:

[DECK OF 30-05-21]
[TRIPLE DRAUG SIEGE]

Usually i try to think of funny or cool names for my decks.
Then, every astral alignment, a deck like this one comes, and the concept is so crazy it doesnt need anything else, it perfectly captures its essence.

Backstory: i wanted to try a double draug deck in here for awhile, since it was the first deck i crafted this season. I really like it, but i didnt play it much because ive been focused on making other decks for this topic.
But then, i also wanted to try a siege deck, since NR's is my favourite scenario.
But also, it could be funny to not just do double draug but triple draug!
And then i said... WHY. NOT. BOTH?

This is my homage to Draug. The Pavetta + Erland PM deck, i give credit for its meme nature, but honestly its a disgrace to Draug, since it only uses it to generate more revenants, sometimes it doesnt even attack your side of the field! Not my deck... mine has a lot of support for little pings and damages to allow for massive control.

Honestly, i think i could write a 10 page essay on this deck, all of the little tricks and tips it hides. but i wont as nobody would have the patience to read such a thing. I'll try to address the main topics i didnt in the guide:

-Decoy is an underrated card. It can backfire, its very RNG dependent, but it allows for amazing possibilities.
And i went through a lot of thinking in deckbuilding to make it work as best as possible: notice how all high provision cards are specials, artefacts or Draug itself, and nothing that isnt useful in all situations. Also, when you use it on Draug, you lose tempo, but the turn after Draug is played is so strong it doesnt matter, you easily make up for it. ANd also, sometimes you struggle for space in melee row, using decoy on Draug actually clears that slot you need!

-The worst case scenario is when you decoy draug... and get Draug. Yes, this can happen, and its usually less than ideal, but pray to RNGesus everytime you decoy so this doesnt happen!

-Decoy has a secondary target on queen adalia (low body, strong deploy), or on 1pt PFI tokens when you just need another unit on board (dont worry the token is destroyed it doesnt clog your deck)

-We are probably on the meta with the most devotion / least amount of heatwaves in over a year, so take advantage of that by playing scenarios, and the NR scenarios is all about control, no tall units to be punished!

-With so many Draugs, the problem might actually be not having enough humans, but luckily the NR 4p slots are great for this. Still, its OK to forsake one draug and "only" go for double draug.

-Distribute the draugs and siege between the rounds. You dont want more than 2 on a round (so 2 draugs or draug+siege max)

-The leader charges should be used one on R1 if needed, and the other on R2/3. They can get Draug, Siege or AA, but not Land of Thousand Fables, Decoy or CC.

-The deck doesnt rely on important engines, so it actually does well vs control. "Budget Hemdall" is the worst nightmare but still beatable. Most opponents try to kill the revenants which is almost always a mistake, since they cant kill all in one turn.

-No boosting engines, so how do you get boosts for Smoke em out? Ronvid, Siege towers and PFIs are usually boosted and arent targets for control.

FInally, the track record of this deck? I wasnt sure it was gonna be any good... and i still aint, maybe it was just luck.
But i am 6 matches, 6 wins, one of those a 2-0, another a win R1 after making SK warriors use all 10 cards, eist and leader and he still lost!

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
I don't know if I am allowed to post a "Deck of the day" with my deck. But I have been trying an Invigorate deck which is really fun. It doesn't win a lot and has barely over 50% winrate. As with any Invigorate deck, it should be an engine overload. Protecting the engines out of the easy removal range with the leader ability. But after multiple iteration and multiple combinations (I had tried Pure Elfs+Movement, Elves+Harmony, Harmony+Movement) a crazy idea came to my mind: to mix all three. Why not mix Elfs+Movement+Harmony? After trying to manage the provisions, this is the final list I arrived at. It is fun to play and most of the times I could do meaningful rounds.

I needed two purify cards due to a lot of poison from Clove. Even with this, it is an incredibly hard to beat that deck. I didn't write a guide, but the main idea is to make use of the engine you have in your hand to win R1. If it is against ST, always push R2. I had huge success against ST both Redeyah Elfs and Eldain decks and even against PS.

I don't know if I am allowed to post a "Deck of the day" with my deck.
I guess since he's currently on a Deck of the Day break until the Patch is out, it doesn't really hurt if someone else posts a Deck of the Day until he starts posting new Decks again?

If so I would probably post my Nilfgaard Spy Deck tomorrow which I mainly built to finally work on the Conspiracy Contract but it ended up better than I expected probably it's still far from Top Tier but imho it should be good enough to reach Pro Rank (I did) and it's quite fun to play and probably a lot less toxic than the NG Decks you usually encounter (apart from maybe Canta high rolls, Yen Invo and Double Joachim).

DRK3

Forum veteran
@rrc Yes, like @OneWhoCravesSouls said, you're welcome to post your decks here, specially now that im on a small hiatus.

I only ask, of you and anyone else who wishes to post their decks, to avoid posting metadecks or anything that is too similar to those, as this thread is meant to showcase and encourage original deckbuilding and playing. :cool:

I'm kind of bad at writing Guides and it isn't exactly possible to give clear guide for that one anyway because like with a lot of Nilfgaard Decks you need to adept you're Gameplan to the Deck you currently face.

Depending on the starting Hand (having Emhyr, Seditious Aristocrats and Impera Enforcers in hand) and the Deck you face I often even play those to Secure the first Round and go for a heavy Round 2 bleed with Yen, Joachim and Usurper but that's a bit of a tricky thing to do because going for a long round 2 bleed with this Deck without being able to win it means you won't have much of value left for the 3rd Round so if you realize that you can't go for a 2:0 you should stop bleeding as soon as possible.

I usually use Coup de Grace on Roderick or Canta in round 1 and on Joachim in round 2/3 but depending on the Match-ups you might want to keep Coup for a opponent's Yrden or Yennefer of Vengerberg or a powerful Enemy Unit you gave Spying with Fergus or Emhyr (if you haven't used those round 1 already).

Card's that could be replaced, 1 Amnesty (if you want to add a cheaper Damage tactic), Angry Mob* and Deithwen Arbalest* for maybe a bronze Lock, Purify or a additional Impera Enforcer.

*I did Build the Deck mainly to advance the Conspiracy Contract as quickly as possible and I even had 2 copies of those and Reinfarn in the first Version of the Deck, but after realizing that you're actually able to win on ranked with this Deck I removed some of the awkward Conspiracy triggers for overall better Card's.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Like i promised, 'Deck of the Day' is back!
Now, obviously the expansion and new cards were just released, so i didnt have time to optimize the deck, it's kind of a first draft, with ample room for customization.

[DECK OF 08-06-21]
[DOUBLE AGENTS]

I've won 10, lost 3 with this deck, although it's far from amazing, its just that people are trying new things and locks and control put a stop to that.

I dont want to be that guy who just ruins the experience of players trying the new cards, hence why a lot of meme cards in this deck and also ways to try the opponent's strategies yourself.

But this is a good starting point, from here you can focus more on the hyperthin or control or something else.

Sorry to have not expressed appreciation for all these creative deck ideas sooner. I had trouble logging into my account to post but that is finally resolved. Even though I lack the cards to actually play the decks, I enjoy reading about them and imagining playing them!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Thank you for the appreciation.
Today, we go with a very simple deck, i think its best to start with this type and then go for more complex decks later on,
Also, its easier to optimize simple decks, so this version is already pretty solid.

[DECK OF 09-06-21]
[SABBATH SLAM]

This is also happens to be...
MEGASCOPE MADNESS SERIES - PT1 - MONSTERS
This series will be 6 parts long, one for each faction, showcasing the potential of the amazing new MEGASCOPE (4pr artefact, 2 turns, spawn a copy of any bronze on your side). And for MO, the best target is definitely the witch apprentice!

I've already played a few mirrors, to be honest i didnt expect this archetype to be so popular. I dont play Ihuarraquax, the opponents Ihuarraquax also summons my she who knows and then i can counter theirs (with lock or heatwave).

Even though they're sabbath mirrors, the leader that is more popular is force of nature, with caranthir koschey due to its (arguable) buffs.
That version is quite strong, but at least this one has Yrden, so with last say and a long round with many witch apprentices, its possible to beat it.

This deck has good short rounds, but also good long rounds if you manage to setup many flying piggies, but beware of Yrden and control decks.

Top Bottom