Deck of the Day

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
(EDIT - 27/06/21)

Hello everyone.
I come here today with perhaps my most ambitious project for the Gwent Forum.

The title of the thread should be clear on its purpose - each day i will share a new deck.

1. I wont promise a new deck everyday, as there's days where i have ideas for several decks, others where i'm not inspired or just dont play. But it will never be more than one per day, to give time for questions, discussion, improvements, etc.

2. I am not a fan of metadecks, so dont expect to see here the same decks you find on meta reports. However, that doesnt mean they are not competitive, they will range from very versatile and strong homebrews to fragile, complex meme decks that are very hard to pull off.
I will make a small evaluation for each, in two aspects: strength factor and fun factor.

3. I will provide the deck link with a guide attached, plus a few extra notes or remarks on the post.
I dont want to encourage netdecking, so this might be a paradox, but i think some of these decks can bring light on underrated cards and strategies, and show there's many decks that are viable, shatter the notion that only the 5-7 decks that are currently popular are competitive.

4. In case you dont know my playstyle and deckbuilding style, i play all 6 factions but i gravitate towards swarm strategies and going wide, avoid going tall but packing more tall removal than usual, when i do go tall is usually with bronzes or low commitment golds. But i will try to show totally different decks.

5. The format i will be using is the following:

[DECK OF DAY-MONTH-YEAR]
[NAME OF THE DECK]

I appreciate any comments and feedback. However when i post the next deck, i wont comment on the previous ones, but you can, i just ask you mention at the beginning which deck you're refering yourself to, otherwise this thread can be confusing.

Happy games! :howdy:
Post automatically merged:

Here we go, the very first deck

[DECK OF 12-05-21]
[NG WITCHERS]

This deck actually resulted from my attempts to make a deck that heavily counters blue stripes decks. The previous attempt failed miserably, so i went in a totally different direction, with NG Witchers (not Kolgrim/clog).

I built a similar deck a few months ago (the different cards and leader, i mention in the guide), that did better than i expected, and this one is a variation that is also doing well.
Ironically, i havent had the chance to face foltest blue stripes with it, but it counters brilliantly the new deck that popped up 2-3 days ago, the pincer maneuver with pavetta and erland, won everytime against it today, one 2-0, and im not even using Yrden in this variant to counter huge Erland.

I think this deck is quite strong, and can be used on high ranks. It has many, many locks, which some players hate to use/face off, but its very different from other NG archetypes like poison, spies, assimilate, mill or clog.
Its control-heavy, so very good versus engine decks, but can also withstand pointslam and swarm decks thanks to double madoc carryover, tall punishment and lambert swordmaster which is getting better with every new season.

New day, new deck...

[DECK OF 13-05-21]
[MURDER OF CROWS]

This is one of my favourite decks. A deck all around crow messengers is not new, i've played a version last year and ive seen some streamers use variants of it. However with the buff to Operator, i decided to revisit it.

This version is very memey, with Muzzle and Dudu and a leader with no synergies with the main strategy.
Muzzle is underrated. Yes, its very expensive, but if it was buffed to cost -1 or even -2 provisions, it risked becoming OP, since (arguably) seizes are the most powerful form of control.
Dudu is another underrated card. In this deck he's mainly used to create a 4pt bronze (low tempo), but he can also be used on Defenders, tall units like Golyat, Tibor or Jutta, or expensive cards like Gezras or Damien.

Deck review:
Players consider this deck - not just this variant, but all variants with the core 'Operator-Crow messenger-blue dream' - a meme deck, but i disagree.
It works similar to Lippy Cerys or Blue stripes, with plenty of 4pt copies of a bronze, but while this version has less pointslam at the end, it's harder to disrupt - you dont need a Lippy or Pavetta to replay your army, you can easily do it R2 and 3 with just a 6pr freya's blessing.

Also, the discard package, crowmother and crow clan druids provide quite a lot of tempo for R1, which allows the low tempo moves of operator and dudu on crow messengers. Even if you lose R1 on even, most players wont use their brains and will bleed R2 and you get your card back with the carryover. This deck can probably beat tier 1-2-3 decks if you have a good R1.

Last edited:
Yesterday's Deck wasn't exactly my cup of tea I really despise Madoc, NG locks and especially VW Mentors.

Today's Deck is more my type of Deck, never really bothered to try the Crow Messenger Spam cause I Imagine it being a bit too low tempo in Round 1, but now that I don't have to build the Deck myself I probably give it a try.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yesterday's Deck wasn't exactly my cup of tea I really despise Madoc, NG locks and especially VW Mentors.

Today's Deck is more my type of Deck, never really bothered to try the Crow Messenger Spam cause I Imagine it being a bit too low tempo in Round 1, but now that I don't have to build the Deck myself I probably give it a try.

I really like the crow messenger deck, it reminds me of beta queensguard decks that i used so much and never got tired of it.

And remember, if you dont want my all-in variant, the muzzle, dudu and leader are totally replaceable for more consistent choices, perhaps an oneiro if the discard package isnt getting you the cards you need R1.

PS. - Reckless Flurry (and delirium, but that one you might miss) is perfect to deal with endrega larvae, i love it when the my opponents leave both endregas for R3 and i easily wipe em out, even when they try to tank the damage with another unit before (losing on thrives). I guess Dagur is also a choice, but that is so boring, i rather just use leader charges for control.

Brilliant, this is exactly the sort of thread I was hoping to find on here, I always enjoy the decks you describe in your games @DRK3, and the two that are up so far are no exception.

I haven't played Skellige for ages, so wasn't really aware of the crow messengers as carryover, but that looks like a great idea that would be really fun to play. I've been mostly playing Assimilate lately (a Shupe Assimilate deck I made that is pretty RNG and all over the place but great fun), and I do enjoy the challenge of a really low tempo slow setup strategy, so it sounds like that would suit me well.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Today, we delve deep into meme territory... :shrug:

[DECK OF 14-05-21]
[NO COIN SYNDICATE]

Who needs coins anyway?
This is a deck that ignores the main mechanic that defines the whole syndicate faction. Its not the first time i do such a deck, i think i did one the year SY came out, but this version is weirder.

First of all, leader choice. There arent many good choices, 4 of the 7 SY leaders straight out give you coins. The others are pirate's cove (just 2 bodies of 4pts without coins), congregate (3x 2pt zealots and 3 coins you wont use) and blood money (8dmg, the one i chose).

How to build a no coin SY deck? There are a few easy ways, which would be better but less original, so i avoided em:

1. going full neutral. Neutral decks arent easy to build either, but i found something while building this deck and my previous past experiences with neutral decks: neutrals lack pointslam, but excel at control, both in golds (Geralts, Heatwave, CoC) and bronzes (lacerate, thunders and other 4/5 dmg specials)

1.1 going Madoc and bombs
1.2 going singleton, with shupe+radeyah

2. going poison/ selfpoison. After carefully checking all of SY cardpool,i found that the poisons and insanity archetypes are the only ones that dont rely TOTALLY on coins. Since im not a fan of poison at all, i used a bit of insanity and self poison in this version of 'no coin SY'.

CHALLENGE: you can try my deck, but i also issue a challenge to everyone, to try and make a better no coin SY deck without using the easy strategies i mentioned in the previous points (insanity and selfpoison arent included, those are hard and so, valid choices here)

Hint:
i also considered a swarm deck with firesworn, its a strong possibility to make it work without coins, but remember you cant use Jacques, Lt Von Herst, Helveed or clerics of the flaming rose, but you can use bone talismans, dies irae, sacred flame, ulrich and fallen knights.

CHALLENGE: you can try my deck, but i also issue a challenge to everyone, to try and make a better no coin SY deck without using the easy strategies i mentioned in the previous points (insanity and selfpoison arent included, those are hard and so, valid choices here)
Considering the removal heavy meta I can't really say that I would try this any time soon because playing stuff like that even gets frustrating on casual, but I would probably go even deeper into Meme Material (if that's even possible) by adding Wagenburg's and some other Armor givers trying to give Greater Brothers and Living Armor as many Armor as possible with the plan to lock Living Armor with Dorregaray/Aguara after the Greater Brothers /Vlodimir Combo and to finish of with Iris Shade.

I tried a lot of times a similar strategy with a Trollololo and Living Armor Deck (obviously the "easier" Version since you don't need Vlodimir for Trollololo) but without a Defender (Azar Coin generator and Spender) this would be even more difficult to achieve.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Considering the removal heavy meta I can't really say that I would try this any time soon because playing stuff like that even gets frustrating on casual, but I would probably go even deeper into Meme Material (if that's even possible) by adding Wagenburg's and some other Armor givers trying to give Greater Brothers and Living Armor as many Armor as possible with the plan to lock Living Armor with Dorregaray/Aguara after the Greater Brothers /Vlodimir Combo and to finish of with Iris Shade.

I tried a lot of times a similar strategy with a Trollololo and Living Armor Deck (obviously the "easier" Version since you don't need Vlodimir for Trollololo) but without a Defender (Azar Coin generator and Spender) this would be even more difficult to achieve.

Interesting. I knew and tried the meme strategies of living armor and olgierd immortal with alchemists on NG, like locking olgierd, boosting it, then unlocking it so it retains the high value, then use alchemists.
And i know the combos done to get huge armor brothers, although they're soul crushing because it always gets heatwaved/ countered.
And i ofc know of Iris Shade + Dracoturtle, that isnt even considered a meme anymore, its usual in battletrance gedy decks.

But locking a living armor or greater bros (after shenanigans), so you can use Iris Shade, i admit i never thought or seen that before. :cool:

All of the decks you've posted so far sound fun. It's really tempting to hit that "Import to my decks" button. :D

Probably not a better no Coin SY Deck but it did the Job:coolstory:

Gwent 15.05.2021 15_37_22.jpg

Gwent 15.05.2021 15_45_20.jpg

Damn Cantarella denied me my Yen reveal, final Card he played was Heatwave on Tatterwing.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Today, we bring the spice to Northern Realms...
To start, im covering all 6 different factions, one deck per faction, after that it will be random. Also, i will start taking faction requests, so if you want to see decks of a certain faction, just ask, the most requested will be chosen.

[DECK OF 15-05-21]
[SHIELD NOVA]

Yup, a NR Nova deck. Usually Nova isnt used with NR, since NR is known for its great 10+ pr golds which leads to highly polarized decks with 7-8 expensive golds and the rest are 4-5 pr cards. It's even known as the 'draw your golds' faction!

HOWEVER... That doesnt mean it has bad golds in the 6-9pr range.
I could've gone for an engine overload deck, but im only using two of the best ones: Anna and Keldar.
I could've gone the swarm way (my way), with plenty of frigates, but i'll leave that one for another day...
Instead, i went shields, and shields mean Roegner! I hadnt tried Roegner since WotW, so i wanted to combo him with Griffin Witcher adepts, and it works well (the best i got yesterday was 40pt POGner... which wasnt destroyed and i still lost :giveup:)

This deck is fun, but i feel very vulnerable playing with so little control and 0 tall punishment, also when you play Nova (ideally on a situation when it cant be countered, like after opponent passes R1/2), your opponent immediately knows you wont have Geralts, Heatwave, Bloody Baron or Anseis, so that is a downside of using Nova.

Also, the lack of AA hurts more than any of the other high end golds missing, mostly because it could be used to tutor Roegner, which is worth even if you have only a couple of shields.

Roegner strategy: if you have last say, no problems. If you dont have last say, what i like to do is save the defender and only play it second last, on melee row, that way you can usually force a heatwave or Yen Invo on the defender and Roegner wont be countered, unless they have CoC, Igni or Yrden.

Today, we delve deep into meme territory... :shrug:

[DECK OF 14-05-21]
[NO COIN SYNDICATE]

Who needs coins anyway?
This is a deck that ignores the main mechanic that defines the whole syndicate faction. Its not the first time i do such a deck, i think i did one the year SY came out, but this version is weirder.

First of all, leader choice. There arent many good choices, 4 of the 7 SY leaders straight out give you coins. The others are pirate's cove (just 2 bodies of 4pts without coins), congregate (3x 2pt zealots and 3 coins you wont use) and blood money (8dmg, the one i chose).

How to build a no coin SY deck? There are a few easy ways, which would be better but less original, so i avoided em:

1. going full neutral. Neutral decks arent easy to build either, but i found something while building this deck and my previous past experiences with neutral decks: neutrals lack pointslam, but excel at control, both in golds (Geralts, Heatwave, CoC) and bronzes (lacerate, thunders and other 4/5 dmg specials)

1.1 going Madoc and bombs
1.2 going singleton, with shupe+radeyah

2. going poison/ selfpoison. After carefully checking all of SY cardpool,i found that the poisons and insanity archetypes are the only ones that dont rely TOTALLY on coins. Since im not a fan of poison at all, i used a bit of insanity and self poison in this version of 'no coin SY'.

Hint:
i also considered a swarm deck with firesworn, its a strong possibility to make it work without coins, but remember you cant use Jacques, Lt Von Herst, Helveed or clerics of the flaming rose, but you can use bone talismans, dies irae, sacred flame, ulrich and fallen knights.
My first successful SY deck was built from what I considered mostly junk. It was not truly coinless, (it used hidden cache and benefitted from cache), but the basic idea was first to bait out all removal with the likes of Saer Qu'an and Hvitr and Aelydia, then to use Igor the Hook to repeatedly use insanity to copy either seductresses or peaches. After each use, I would heal him again by pact, shakedown, or blind eye apothecary. It wouldn't be competitive against meta or near meta decks, but it worked quite well against most of what I encountered. In fact, it may have worked because it didn't really generate coins -- my opponents may have thought, "He's not going to do much with Igor without coins!"

DRK3

Forum veteran
[DECK OF 16-05-21]
[SQUIRRELS & DRAGONS]

i'll start by admitting this is a very weird deck, and i dont recommend it to players who like something reliable and easy to use.

Just like our fellow @rrc , im a guerrilla tactics fan. But instead of going the traditional route for this leader - ST movement, with either engine overload or lots of row punishment - instead i love using it with one of my favourite cards: Hen Gaidth sword.

Also, i like using dragon decks with ST, it might seem weird but it makes sense - Eyck and Villentretenmerth are tall punishes, and ST is a faction lacking that type of cards with the exception of poison (Brehen and serpent trap are conditional tall punishes and both included in this deck).
Also, Myrgttabrakke got a 2pt buff (+1pt -1 pr) last patch, which makes it the best dragon for its cost, and good to setup hen gaidth sword here.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
[DECK OF 16-05-21]
[SQUIRRELS & DRAGONS]

i'll start by admitting this is a very weird deck, and i dont recommend it to players who like something reliable and easy to use.

Just like our fellow @rrc , im a guerrilla tactics fan. But instead of going the traditional route for this leader - ST movement, with either engine overload or lots of row punishment - instead i love using it with one of my favourite cards: Hen Gaidth sword.

Also, i like using dragon decks with ST, it might seem weird but it makes sense - Eyck and Villentretenmerth are tall punishes, and ST is a faction lacking that type of cards with the exception of poison (Brehen and serpent trap are conditional tall punishes and both included in this deck).
Also, Myrgttabrakke got a 2pt buff (+1pt -1 pr) last patch, which makes it the best dragon for its cost, and good to setup hen gaidth sword here.
Seems like a fun deck! Eyck becomes a reliable 8 provision destroy tall card with 3 dragons! I loved every aspect of this deck except for the Dol Blathana Archer. It hurts my eyes to see this card in any deck as they are so junk. You can use Bowman for the reliable 2 damage as 5 for 4 rather than using archer as a 6 for 5 which is very weak. Rest of the deck is awesome and the Sword will surprise many people and catch them unguarded!

Yes, I love GT even though it is weak and junk. It can help neutralize row locked units (in the same turn you play a card) or pull units to Rebuke's range. A very versatile leader with a very low point potential if moving is not useful in opponent's deck. Every patch I try to build some deck with GT and have good success till Rank 3 from where it becomes very hard to play ranked with it.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Seems like a fun deck! Eyck becomes a reliable 8 provision destroy tall card with 3 dragons! I loved every aspect of this deck except for the Dol Blathana Archer. It hurts my eyes to see this card in any deck as they are so junk. You can use Bowman for the reliable 2 damage as 5 for 4 rather than using archer as a 6 for 5 which is very weak. Rest of the deck is awesome and the Sword will surprise many people and catch them unguarded!

Yes, I love GT even though it is weak and junk. It can help neutralize row locked units (in the same turn you play a card) or pull units to Rebuke's range. A very versatile leader with a very low point potential if moving is not useful in opponent's deck. Every patch I try to build some deck with GT and have good success till Rank 3 from where it becomes very hard to play ranked with it.

Yes, i expected some controversy over the dol blathanna archer. 6 for 5 really is terrible, im only using it because sometimes i need 1pt damages instead of 2pt damage (which myrgttabrakke and leader charges can do), but i wasnt sure what else to put.

The easy way to play GT would be to do engine overload, or even Yrden where the damage from leader is neglectible but the movement alone wins the game even when opponents distribute their boosted units on different rows. But i opted for something different, definitely trickier. Glad you liked it.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

DRK3

Forum veteran
And finally, to finish up our first batch of decks of the day, covering all factions, we got the MONSTER deck.
I love this faction, it has given me some of the most fun decks ive ever played, so i wanted something special...

[DECK OF 17-05-21]
[HARPY ARPEGGIO]

Warning: this deck isnt designed to win games, and although it can definitely do that, i chose not to sacrifice its theme/challenge over its power level. However, feel free to change it if you want, i even provide an alternate version at the end of this post.

I love doing decks all centered around a single bronze, and this is my greatest achievment in that regard. For comparison, the crow messenger deck i posted here last week, had 12/13 cards centered around that core card (50% of the deck), but this one? I got 20 (80% of the deck!) cards chosen to take the absolute most possible around the beautiful HARPY EGGS.

REASONINGS:
-Why leader is fruits of ysgith instead of overwhelming hunger? OH is great for DW decks, but in those MIruna or Manticore or Plague Maiden are often dependent on surprise value, you play and want to immediately trigger them. In this deck, with ONLY harpy eggs as DW unit, its a very slow setup because of ritual sacrifice, and you dont lose value for waiting longer (unless they start getting killed).

-Why no MO scenario (Haunt)? Simple, because when you play harpy egg with operator or caranthir it doesnt trigger scenario, and also when you do trigger it, it creates a barghest, but you dont want to consume eggs just yet, need to play ritual sacrifice before.

-Idarran why? Because its the spice of the deck!
It has synergy with ysgith leader, operator and caranthir, so it will enable the max amount of harpies possible.
HOWEVER, after 10-15 matches, i can safely say its the weak link of the deck. Most times its dealt with immediately, so only good to generate another fruit, not worth it, you can get an endrega larvae to do the same. Replace him or add defender to protect him, if you wish.

-Why no endrega larvae or other bronze DW units? Because those would take the spotlight of the harpy eggs, we're not here for EZ mode.

1st Try Harpy Deck (After 36pt Ritual Sacrifice).jpg

I was VERY lucky that on the very 1st match with this deck i faced an opponent that didnt disrupt my strategy at all, and managed to go to R3 with a perfect hand. However i messed up and filled my board, with no way of getting space, but my opponent forfeited immediately after this. However i learned to be more careful with space when opponents arent disruptive (play Kayran/barbegazi before).
Harpies vs Koschey (By an Inch).jpg

This was a ver close one, i had last say, but my opponent had a perfect hand, made no sequence mistakes and more importantly, immediately answered my Idarran. I can proudly say i never lost a match with this deck if my Idarran survives, on long R3s.

ALTERNATE /WHOLESOME VERSION:

So, i know a LOT of people hate Yrden and refuse to use him. Dont worry, i got you covered, i replace the 5 cards that arent related to harpy eggs. To do this version:
(REMOVE) Yrden, 2x WH Riders, Predatory Dive, Kiki Warrior
(ADD) Haunt, 2x Larrys (aka Archespores), 2x Nightwraiths

This version has more pointslam, specially if you use Haunt to secure R1, more thinning and you have alternative DW units to consume so less risk, but it no longer has the magic of being 'all-in' on harpy eggs :cry:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Sorry for the delay, didnt have a chance to come to the computer today, but technically, at least in my zone, i havent missed the day yet!
And fortunately, the deck for today was created and playtested yesterday, so all i got to do is post:

[DECK OF 18-05-21]
[RAD SHUP LIPPY]

This is more similar to early HC Lippy decks than current ones, where you got enough thinning and tutors to pretty much always get what you want.

Play your best cards R1, avoid playing bad cards, so then you Lippy R2, and R3 you only get good cards.

Also, i learned the hard way NOT to use Roach if your main goal for shupe is to seize opponent's opener play if they boost it with TA or crystal skull... :giveup:

BTW, playing Shupe Knight (8pts) is cheating and not meme content, play only Shupe Mage (2pts) or Shupe Hunter (4pts) for meme credit.
I like the switch row Shupe, the 13 random damge Shupe and the artefact destruction Shupe for those pesky scenarios.
Oh, and the weather on all rows shupe is also amazing, at least visually, but super RNG dependent.

Alright, so far i've only shared decks for standard modes, but since i am a big fan of seasonal modes (most of em), i will start sharing decks for them too.
We are getting seasonal modes rotation per week, so whenever a new one comes, i'll do one deck on the first or second day for it.

[DECK OF 19-05-21]
[SEASONAL MODE - PLUS ONE - DEATHWISH]

I cheated a bit with this one. Basically i melded together the harpy deck i posted a few days ago here, the miruna+succubus deck OH deck i already had, and added a few of the trusty endrega larvae.

Its a simple, reliable and fun deck, but unfortunately this mode has a few broken decks that ruin its potential, this deck isnt designed to counter em so might as well skip to the next opponent if you face those.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In the next days i will post two very special decks for me, they are two of my lifelong favourites, they share many parallels but ive never seen anyone else use those strategies (well, one of them ive seen some similar decks, but not completely), so i feel like they're my true creations.

Also, i think they might be good for the current seasonal mode, without any change, i will test that too.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yesterday i didnt post, the first day since i started the thread where i missed, my bad.
I will try to keep going everyday until the end of the month, then i might take a one week break and return as soon as the expansion drops, with new decks right since day one :cool:

[DECK OF 21-05-21]
[MENAGE À TROIS] = [CAHIR-YEN AFFAIR] = [NG SPECIAL SOLDIER SWARM]

I love this deck, and its not something i created recently, i had versions of it since before there were even defenders.
I used Calveit leader ability, which was "look at the top 3 cards of your deck and play one", i used this to play Cahir and Yen in the same turn so Cahir couldnt be instantly countered... good times.

I thought this deck could be better now, with defender and recent buffs to vrygheff and vreemde, plus more ways to play daerlans, but unfortunately it has suffered with powercreep. Also i wanted to mantain the spirit of 'wholesome NG', without much damage or control.

Is it fun? Hell yeah.
Is it strong? Well, it does well in a long R3, the problem is it doesnt have a good R1 strategy, and if bled R2 its ruined.
I promise tomorrow's deck, which will be a NR parallel, will be stronger, albeit a tiny less fun.

Double Cahir (he forfeited).jpg

This is not a very impressive example, i wasnt able to swarm the most because the defender was going to die next turn, then he could kill the cahirs, so i ahd to play the yen... he forfeited after. Still, it gives the idea of how it works, you can use Yen boost even if going into a swarm deck with more units than you because cahirs will absorb the boosts and Yrden will neutralize the most boosted row anyway.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yesterday i shared my NG soldier swarm, today its NR soldier swarm.
Here are the parallels i was talking about:

NG: daerlan soldiers / NR: kerack frigate (volunteers)
NG: Ramon and Vigo / NR: Queen Adalia and Reinforcements
NG: Vrygheff and Vreemde / NR: Voymir and Vissegerd
NG: Geralt Yrden / NR: Geralt Igni

[DECK OF 22-05-21]
[QUEENS AND FRIGATES]

This deck is definitely stronger than the previous one, and you can use it competitively.
Mostly because it doesnt suffer from a bad R1, it relies on frigates to always have decent points and always plays them outside of most removal range. Also, it packs both heatwave and CoC for tall punishment and to counter dangerous cards like Keltullis, damiens, defenders and scenarios.

Despite the deck name, both queens arent essential, i would say Meve is replaceable, but she is great heatwave bait, if it means your frigates survive because of it, its ok since they generate so many points, also Voymir and Vissegerd should give 15-20pts each on long rounds.

54pt Igni (16 Charges Vissegerd).jpg

Did 10 or so matches with this deck, won most of em, only lost to hyper control decks who actually managed to kill my 6-8pt frigates.
This was one of my best Ignis ever, 54 pt! (13x4 + 2body)
This was only possible because i purified the defender very late, when he had already stacked all his boosted units, and also because i locked the dracoturtle or it wouldnt let me have lined up so well (i had a 16 charges vissegerd!), and his back row was full or my kerack guard would have added another 13pt unit to burn :oops:

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
We finish the week with SY.

DECK OF 23-05-21]
[UNA SALAMANDRA]

I am not a fan of the poison mechanic at all, but i still did this deck, as it's more meme than competitive.
I also find it funny that this is probably the way the dev team envisioned salamander would be used when it was designed, but players only used the double salamander versions, which are more 'meme'.

If i have to be honest, this deck isnt great. Part of that its probably because im not a good SY player/ deckbuilder. But another part is because of the current meta, where every deck either goes really wide (elves, NR commandos, dun banners or PM erland, arachas) or has very dangerous cards you feel the need to counter immediately, which removes value from a big single salamander finish.

So if you want, try this deck, but if you think it can be improved (same main concept, different cards/leader that arent part of that main strategy), please build such deck and share it with us. Best of luck!

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, its no secret my favourite faction is SK. However, it might surprise some but i dont like the typical SK warriors archetype at all. I like beasts, discard, alchemy, and for control i prefer pirates, they're more fun.
But there's one warrior i've always loved, probably my favourite bronze during the Gwent betas - the mighty Queensguard!

[DECK OF 24-05-21]
[WHOLESOME WARRIORS]

This is one of my friendly decks, with no damage. Not even a sneaky Yrden.

It isnt bad at all, as plenty of pointslam with the discard package and cerys, and with the Idarran combos, you might catch opponents offguard, they will likely lose control and you may even struggle to have enough space on your side of the board.

Also, Draig Bon Dhu!

GENERAL HINT: Idarran is a very cool card, with potential on all factions, but its often a 6 for 8, as it gets instantly countered, specially without a defender to protect it. So, the real best way to use him is in a way he gets value on the turn he's played. The two best ways to do this are the SK QG strategy described here, but also with NR, with revenants or mobilization, where you set the spawning engines before, which arent as threatening as Idarran, then do a surprise play.

Idarran Flaminica QG Synergy.jpg

Who needs Eist with a 15+ Draig Bon Dhu? :shrug:

Top Bottom