Deck of the Day

+
No deck for today, but im working on one for tomorrow to finish up the season.

Meanwhile, i will do something i had been planning to do for awhile - point out a few of my favourite decks i posted in this thread, who better to do this than the one who definitely tried them all? :ohstopit:
I will focus on the most fun but also the ones that resisted the times and are still viable, maybe with a few adjustments:

- Shield Nova (15th May) - i was never a fan of NR Witchers, but ive always loved NR shields and POGner. So i am curious to revisit this deck, which can be improved due to some provision buffs it got in the past months since its been created. Less NG in the meta makes it more likely to succeed but Nova and a few other cards have been powercrept, so they might not do as well as they did.

- Harpy Arpeggio (17th May) - i love harpy eggs, and this deck was made before there were megascopes, so now the potential for some wacky stuff is even greater.

- Queens and Frigates (22nd May) - i was really proud of this deck. The leader must be replaced for anything stronger, but ive been eager to try Vissegerd + Igni again, specially to counter Relicts which love rowstacking and always get over 35pts so Igni's initiative isnt a problem.

- Wholesome Warriors (24th May) - one of my favourites, as i love Queensguard since beta, even though they're a bit different now.

- Pirate Life for Me (29th May) - this was actually my oldest deck in the deckbuilder, and i played a lot of it in Rank 1 this season, but with a 50% winrate i wasnt getting there. Hopefully the day of the pirates will come in the future!

- GerALLts (15th June) - i love this meme deck, all 7 Geralts. And somehow it got even more viable with a few alterations, due to the cheap relicts MO got in PoP part 2.

- No Trap Artefacts (22nd June) - one of the weirdest, hardest to pilot decks i posted, but somehow i did really well with it, probably lucky. Everytime i lose to ST Spellatael because of their giant Gord with last say, i wish i had Black Blood, one of only 2 ways to counter it (the other being Cahir).

- Healing Row (24th June) - i just love Flaminica and healing, and i probably make too many decks with her, this is the pre-PoP version.

- True Alchemy (30th June) - another deck i love and kept until last week, trying to make it work on Rank 1. Unfortunately, even if uncountered, Living Armor + alchemists somehow still arent enough to pointslam MO relicts. OG alchemist >>> Viper Witcher Alchemist

- Tony Shaelmaar (30th July) - another deck i love, and it was the one i used to breeze through Rank 3 and 2 earlier in the season. 25pt Gord? My 30pt Shaelmaar laughs in yo face!

- Joachimception (8th August) - gotta love replaying a gold 8 times in a match, that is half of the turns in most matches. And it's flexible enough so that you can do it with another target instead of Joachim. I still plan to explore Dwimveandra on other decks, as she was neglected by most creators.

Last one, you mention, I played against someone who'd used Dwimveandra to absolutely clog my deck with rubbish. I still won, as similar to a hypermill deck there wasn't enough tempo in their units to get the momentum, but I think there's a meme tactic to be found here somewhere.

I reckon if you could use the Armory location + Dwim + living armour + alchemists + kingslayer, you could do some ridiculous point slamming.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Here we are, first day of the month, but last day of the season. And also last deck of the day of the season.

I built it, optimized it, tested it and two days ago i wrote and published the deckguide, and even though i havent shared the link anywhere, it already has a couple of upvotes which is a good sign.

[DECK OF 01-09-21]
[CRIMINAL SHUPE]

I love Shupe + Radeyah. And i didnt think they were weak, hence why i made this deck.
And today, when i see the dev stream, i see both of those cards are getting 1 prov buff tomorrow! Well, the buffs are welcome nonetheless!
I suggest replacing Wiley for an Heatwave or other 10p card, since im not facing as many Redanian Ships and Madocs as before.

The original idea for the deck (still singleton - Shupe and Radeyah) was to also use Whoreson Sr and then Igor to make a ton of Cutup Lackeys, then bombard the opponent with crimes. But this setup was so slowwwww and easy to disrupt. The alternative was using congregate leader, but then you would lose value on crimes and not have enough coins for an igor spawn, so it was also far from ideal.

In the end, i ended up simplifying, and just keeping the piggy (Sir Skewertooth), which used to be an auto-include in the SY Lined Pockets list from March/ April but was cut for some reason - trust me, still worth it in long rounds, especially with immunity against control decks, it was never countered in my games.

Also, you may notice some weird choices for the deck - i came from a losing streak against Spellatael and (was furious so i) made some changes to target it (most of the decks i made this month had some techs against MO relicts or SY LP, but not Spellatael which is what i was facing more lately).
That's why this deck has Xavier Lemmens, a ton of removal specials, and Yrden, my sweet Yrden, i didnt use him once in the last month, but it feels so good to play it as there's so much boost in every single meta.

To conclude, my sweet results with Shupe Mage opener to steal the great cards my naive opponents started with (they lost every single one of those matches :shrug: )

Gotta love Shupe Mage.jpg

Playing with opponent (locking then unlockin Gotta).jpg

Another Insane Shupe Steal.jpg

DRK3

Forum veteran
Sorry i didnt post a deck yesterday, on the patch day.
I did built and try out a few decks, which shall be released on the next few days. Starting with...

An alchemy deck, focused on Crow Clan Preacher. This card got a buff in the patch (from 5 to 4 provisions).
And most of the decks i'll post here this season will probably be focused on the unused cards that got small buffs.

Also, due to the lack of interesting changes, i will probably be less active than usual.
In these 4 months of this thread, i posted 14-18 decks per season. Maybe this time i'll only post 7-10.

[DECK OF 03-09-21]
[CROW CLAN]

This deck could easily have been on my swarm series.

It's quite easy to play, and its doing very well so far, although i havent tried ranked yet.

I am NOT a fan of Battle Trance, its the first time im using it in many months. But it makes sense here.
I did consider including the Havfrue singer, to synergize with the leader's passive heal ability, but since i only have one single card to cause self damage, i would have to rely on opponent's damage to "help out" - this would make the deck a lot more complicated.

So i just focused on Crow Clan Preachers - play engines, then play trigger cards (in this instance, alchemy cards).

Crow Swarm vs Whisperer Swarm edit.jpg

Arachas vs Crows (Before) edit.jpg

(and yes, i won that game, even though we both had Yrdens)

DRK3

Forum veteran
I REALLY love this deck.
But i had a soulcrushing experience with it:

I played it on Casual, 4 or 5 games, i won them all. I was so proud, i immediately linked it to playgwent and wrote the deckguide...
Then on the next day, i decided to try it on Ranked (Rank 3)... and i freakin lost 9!!! times in a row :giveup:
Even on matches where i managed to get CA and have double last say. Even when i changed strategies i kept losing.

Now, dont worry, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle - i was lucky to get the winstreak on casual and very unlucky on most of those ranked matches. Its hard to evaluate this deck overall, as it's very matchup dependant (really good against some, really bad against others).

[DECK OF 05-09-21]
[DOUBLE STANDARDS]

I love this card - NG's Standard Bearer - and i love going back to making decks around a bronze.

In truth, this deck isnt new - before i had this thread, i had my misc. guides, and one of the most work-intensive guides i made was for NG bronze soldiers, where i analyzed and explored the potential of every NG bronze soldier, and standard bearers was one of my favourites.

Its potential is insane for a bronze - 22pts ceiling. For that, you need to have the opponent's board full, with 18 boosted units, which is why its very matchup dependant... Luckily NG can easily "help out" the opponents filling their rows :ohstopit:

For comparison, NR's Scytheman used to be the opposite of standard bearer, and since it was much more reliable, it was nerfed and now only considers 1 row and has a much less impressive ceiling of 11pts.
And SK's Bear Witcher Mentor has the highest ceiling (39pts, since with adrenaline, it considers units on both sides) for a bronze. HOWEVER, ive played with both and standard bearers actually got me better value on average than BWMentors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The experience of testing out this deck was even more heartbreaking because i was really proud of my deckbuilding on it.
This is NOT a regular swarm deck. Usually when you pack Yennefer for boosts, you want to have as many allied units and as little enemy units on board... Not with this deck, this is a BUDDY SWARM DECK, where you want to swarm a bit, but you also want your opponent to swarm a lot.

Notice how i included Operator and Braathens for the 'classic copy package'. These arent particularly good for swarm, as they only put 2 units on our side, but they also put another on the opponent, 3 units is already a respectable number for a single turn.
(I also use Vigo, but he kept failing on the informants due to the high amount of different bronze units in deck, which wasnt smart on my part... so i cut it and replaced him with Matta, since she not only gets the best cards, she helps increase R3 length, which is something this deck wants)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The deck isnt easy to use. R1 its very similar to Hyperthin, which your opponents will think you are, and so will push you hard.
Stuff like Blightmaker and Affan and Tactical Decision isnt just used for tempo - its NG's best tools for swarming too.

The hardes part is probably trying to find the right balance of how late you use Yen, which dictates how many Standard Bearers you get to play after.
In theory you can even play 6 or 7 standard bearers (2x from hand, Ramon, Vigo, Operator + 3 informants, one from Braathens) in 1 round, but that means you have played Yen too early, as in 3 turns your opponent probably only has 3-5 units.

It has good matchups vs Spellatael or Monsters (so i should have done it last season...), but bad ones against SK or SY, which are removal focused and dont boost that much.

Also, i have lost 2 matches that in theory should be perfect for me - Arachas swarm and NR witchers - but the problem was they also had Yrden.
If instead you Yrden before, then Vrygheff you lose a lot of points, its tricky math to figure out when that might be the best option.

Big Standard Bearers (before Yrden).jpg

Biggest Standard Bearer i've got so far (double deploy thanks to Vrygheff). It was Heatwaved but that is much better than being Yrden'ed.
4 Standard Bearers (killed 2 Arnachads).jpg

This was an Arnachad opponent... I Yen Invo'ed his defender, let him play Sukrus, then Arnachad... i didnt have more locks, so i put informants between Sukrus and Arnachad and copied the standard bearer, insta-killing the Arnachad. He rez'ed the Arnachad with Sgdrifa's rite, but that puts it at the right of the row, and another standard bearer killed it again :cool:

DRK3

Forum veteran
A lot of "old" cards got buffed this patch.
This deck takes advantage of the buffs to two of those cards: Dragon's Dream and Rag Nar Roog.

[DECK OF 07-09-21]
[WEATHER MASTER]

This is a sort of unitless deck, and i'm being a bit of an hypocrite for posting one, as i hate facing these decks, considering them some of the most toxic in Gwent.
Still, the decision to do so wasnt because they're strong, but because they fit perfectly with the weather cards (like how sabertooth makes opponents subconsciously rowstack, even on later rounds).

Gord. You may find it weird why it isnt included in the deck.
The reason is simple, and quite petty: i freakin hate him. Its ridiculous how a whole faction is depending on a 7 prov card (which shouldnt be 7pr for a long time), which makes me dislike ST even more.

You can include him if you want, really i dont mind. But i've had good results even without him (below). Although it was just casual matches.
But not including Gord has its advantages - this deck has no boosting whatsoever, nor tall units - some of those games i won because the opponent's Geralts and Yrdens bricked.

ST Weather Master Deck Results edit.jpg

(EDIT) Forgot something important:
Ragnaroog, which triggers 4 turns of cataclysm, 7 with Vaedermakar, was chosen because it does 3dmg per turn instead of the 2dmg of the three "regular" weather effects. Crimson Curse does 2 too, and Skellige storm can do much more but its conditional, besides SK is better suited for that, which ive already explored.

Also, i lost a couple of matches because i miscalculated when Dragon's Dream is going to explode...
I swear im good at math in Gwent, but the counters mess me up :shrug:

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
So... this is where all NR players are playing? (just for fun kidding.. I haven't seen NR in ranked in a very long time.. climbing from Rank 3 to pro and I am in Rank 1 now using wholesome Mahakam Forge Brouver!) Once I reach pro, I will give this deck a try. A very nice different take on ST and seems pretty fun and strong too. I will let you know if I get my hands dirty with this deck on pro to inform you how it does in ranked.

DRK3

Forum veteran
So... this is where all NR players are playing? (just for fun kidding.. I haven't seen NR in ranked in a very long time.. climbing from Rank 3 to pro and I am in Rank 1 now using wholesome Mahakam Forge Brouver!) Once I reach pro, I will give this deck a try. A very nice different take on ST and seems pretty fun and strong too. I will let you know if I get my hands dirty with this deck on pro to inform you how it does in ranked.

That is true - NR isnt very strong right now, and versus this deck their chances are even worse, so i was "lucky" to face a few that probably enabled this little winstreak.

And i had already tried the deck last week, when i first made it, there i did have some losses, probably around 50% winrate.

Still, i didnt have a chance to play against SY LP with this, but ive heard unitless does well against it, so i suspect this version would do well against that too.

This deck isnt particularly strong, mostly because it doesnt have enough pointslam, but also doesnt have any particular weaknesses, since there's no more weather removal and in general control its quite low-risk.

That is true - NR isnt very strong right now, and versus this deck their chances are even worse, so i was "lucky" to face a few that probably enabled this little winstreak.

And i had already tried the deck last week, when i first made it, there i did have some losses, probably around 50% winrate.

Still, i didnt have a chance to play against SY LP with this, but ive heard unitless does well against it, so i suspect this version would do well against that too.

This deck isnt particularly strong, mostly because it doesnt have enough pointslam, but also doesnt have any particular weaknesses, since there's no more weather removal and in general control its quite low-risk.

I tried a tweaked on your SK deck with the big Sirens but the lack of control meant i faced a very basic NR Mage deck and it won comfortably, because there was nothing I could do with all the patience and resets!

DRK3

Forum veteran
I tried a tweaked on your SK deck with the big Sirens but the lack of control meant i faced a very basic NR Mage deck and it won comfortably, because there was nothing I could do with all the patience and resets!

That deck ("Red Head Redemption") is pretty strong, i was playing it yesterday and had no trouble winning with it.
I did shifted it a bit some weeks ago, i think i added a skjald to have a bronze discard and dorregaray for a lock.

Against an engine deck, i would advise to try and win R1 and maybe push R2 with pointslam, saving the control for R3.
That control is heatwave, delirium, decoction, and against engines, use Bride of the Sea for a 2nd decoction.

Against patience specifically, you need to see what their leader is - if its inspired zeal, its more dangerous, as they can use seltkirk, anseis and shani + patience mage to instant use order, so their short round is better, but agaisnt other NR leaders its safer to push them.

rrc

Forum veteran
A lot of "old" cards got buffed this patch.
This deck takes advantage of the buffs to two of those cards: Dragon's Dream and Rag Nar Roog.

[DECK OF 07-09-21]
[WEATHER MASTER]

This is a sort of unitless deck, and i'm being a bit of an hypocrite for posting one, as i hate facing these decks, considering them some of the most toxic in Gwent.
Still, the decision to do so wasnt because they're strong, but because they fit perfectly with the weather cards (like how sabertooth makes opponents subconsciously rowstack, even on later rounds).

Gord. You may find it weird why it isnt included in the deck.
The reason is simple, and quite petty: i freakin hate him. Its ridiculous how a whole faction is depending on a 7 prov card (which shouldnt be 7pr for a long time), which makes me dislike ST even more.

You can include him if you want, really i dont mind. But i've had good results even without him (below). Although it was just casual matches.
But not including Gord has its advantages - this deck has no boosting whatsoever, nor tall units - some of those games i won because the opponent's Geralts and Yrdens bricked.

View attachment 11252383

(EDIT) Forgot something important:
Ragnaroog, which triggers 4 turns of cataclysm, 7 with Vaedermakar, was chosen because it does 3dmg per turn instead of the 2dmg of the three "regular" weather effects. Crimson Curse does 2 too, and Skellige storm can do much more but its conditional, besides SK is better suited for that, which ive already explored.

Also, i lost a couple of matches because i miscalculated when Dragon's Dream is going to explode...
I swear im good at math in Gwent, but the counters mess me up :shrug:
I usually don't like to copy decks, but the decks from this thread are fun interesting decks and I don't mind trying them. As promised, I tried this deck in ranked after I reached pro. And this is the status :cry:
DRK3Deck.jpg

seems like the matchmaking just wants to mess with me :p I got all types of ST (no unit Madoc, Spell'tel, Mahakam Forge with Francesca Double Shupe, and traps!!!!) And NG has too much tempo to win R1 too. Probably I don't know how to properly play/pilot this deck, but the games have been too harsh and just got crushed 0-6. I hope someone else tries in pro rank and update here, but I am sorry that I failed miserably.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Sometime ago i said i wasnt gonna do a Patience deck in this thread, as im not a fan of the mechanics and is just terrible vs all the control that is ALWAYS present in the meta.
Well, since im a masochist, i did it anyhow :shrug:

[DECK OF 09-09-21]
[PATIENCE IS PAIN]

This meme was posted on gwent reddit this week, and perfectly encapsulates the deck and mechanic:

I think my deck qualifies as 'all-in patience'. Its 96% patience mages, directly or indirectly - the defender is to protect those mages, shani to revive them, Triss TK to spawn a spell that synergizes with them. The one exception is Seltkirk, to take advantage of the leader (and make the deck slightly better)

I even included the 'practice makes perfect' (2 copies :cry:) and built the whole deck around it, since it was completely ignored by other creators and players...
For a good reason, this card is just awful everyway, you need to play ban ard tutors (from hand, if its from AA its no longer a good target), which is already a not so good card, and it's weak 2 pts cant be killed or you might brick the PMP spell.

This card is probably the worst in all PoP expansion. A change to improve it would be to be able to target any mage (for example Philippa BF), instead of only bronze mages, but then of course it would only bring bronze mages with the corresponding boost.
Or maybe even ditch the mage condition, and you could use it on a token or other unit to swap with a random bronze mage - but ALL bronze mages are better played early, that's another weakness of the card.

The deck isnt COMPLETELY awful, Shani and Gerhart are great of course, and if you're lucky to face something with very little control, your odds are decent, but my lack of experience with the archetype made me do a lot of serious mistakes (like miscalculating and playing Tissaia too late).

Also, some streamers make the deck look good and powerful, but if you notice its usual against something like WH Frost, that has damage but little removal, against ST or SK you just die.

I wont ask you users to try this and suffer, it was more of an experience (to really be sure Patience is awful. Sorry)
Post automatically merged:

@rrc I feel sorry that deck didnt do well for you, then again in Pro Rank its more likely to get fiercer opposition, specially early in the season.

You faced a lot of ST unitless crap, which is kind of a mirror match.
R1s on those matches are super important. If they commit leader to try and get last say, those dryads are probably gonna be the few units worth targeting with DDs.
But Ragnaroog is very against them, at least it can kill the immune dragon. And i assume both Madocs get banished early.

Against Spellatal versions i think you've got better odds, there's definitely enough control to kill all the bronze engines. No heatwave in case they use their scenario, but DD will punish that anyway. And with last say, kill Gord with pre-emptive Eyck (if you want, include a spores or artefact compression too, as extra tall punishment)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Today's deck i posted wasnt good, but fear not.

Yesterday i was very inspired and played a lot, and on the following days i will post a new special series of decks.

SYNDICATE SPECIAL SERIES

Are you tired of Syndicate? Of playing it and facing it?
But like me, you still need to do their mastery contracts (im missing the 1000 SY wins, the one where im most behind)

They are nothing like what you've seen, they're very different, 4 decks, 4 leaders.
Some are memes, some are themes, others are just weird.
Some are actually quite strong, one of them is super weak, "Tier 6 material" (you ll know it when you see it).

Lets bring the fun back to SY, out with the meta BS :cool:

Last edited:
Some months ago, when i was just starting this thread, i did a deck that i was really proud of and got good feedback from it.
It was 'Wholesome Warriors', which is amusing since SK warriors are known for being control-heavy.

Well, i return to the same idea, and made the most oppressive deck in the game into a friendly version!

[DECK OF 10-09-21]
[WHOLESOME POCKETS]

SYNDICATE SPECIAL SERIES - DECK 1

Surprise, surprise, its actually pretty strong.

Its comprised of almost only meta cards... except the naughty ones.
So we got Novigrad Justice, Cleaver, Coerced Blacksmith, but no Drill, Freakshow, Professor or Whoreson Jr.

To replace those, i have put Portal and Igor to really focus on the intimidate aspect, and Zoltan Scoundrel (to only be used for boosts, thats the rule!) for surprise value and since he was buffed.

Wholesome LP vs DW R1.jpg

Wholesome LP strikes again.jpg

Last edited:
New SY deck, this time filled entirely (at least the top-end golds) with cards that arent popular, and some of them even got buffs on the latest patch.

[DECK OF 12-09-21]
[THE UNDERDOGS]

SYNDICATE SPECIAL SERIES - DECK 2

The deck isnt as janky as some might think.
The leader was chosen because there's more expensive tribute units than crimes.

Luiza + Savolla was a super powerful combo that lead to a lot complaining for nerfs (mine included) and they're still really powerful, i honestly dont understand why they fell out of favour.

Walter Veritas is also a card i consider underrated, people look at its unreliability, i see versatility - i may get a spender when i dont have another, or a profit that allows me to get to 9 coins and get the ship out...

Tinboy can be quite devastating, and we are in a meta that swarms quite a lot, but i think he may still be too expensive.
Sausage Maker got a big buff (now his profit is enough to pay for his resilience) but its advantage is still the surprise factor.

Ludovicus with this leader is a solid way to get to full purse.

Pastodi, Tatterwing and Pugo might be the strangest fits in the deck, but they deserve a chance and they might surprise you (and the opponent). Just be careful Pastodi needs a coerced blacksmith to get any type of value, otherwise its mmulligan fodder.

Note: this deck is devotion, but whoreson Jr, who is definitely the main reason why SY goes devotion, is definitely not an underdog and has no place in this deck.

Last edited:
Another SY deck... Except not really.
Its a fully Neutral deck, so theoretically you can play this deck with any leader in-game.

[DECK OF 14-09-21]
[BANDIT GANG]

SYNDICATE SPECIAL SERIES - DECK 3

I have nothing against the Pro team with the same name, in fact some of my favourite Gwent creators are there...
But the in-game bandits are really bad.
I have tried neutral bandit decks quite a few times since they were first released, but they were never minimally viable.

HOWEVER, i stress i have made full neutral decks in the past that actually did reasonably well, but for the 1st neutral deck in this thread (i think), i wanted to try bandits again, since a few players also like to use them and wish they were more viable.

And yes, this is - by far - the worst of the SY decks im posting in this series. Like, tier 5 or 6 material :giveup:

Only one left to finish up the series, and its freakin awesome.

Last edited:
Just in time when needed to play a bunch of specials for the journey quest. To my surprise it actually wins - was fun to watch when opponent tried to kill Immortal with Freak Show and when both Olgierds blocked frost XDD.

Just in time when needed to play a bunch of specials for the journey quest. To my surprise it actually wins - was fun to watch when opponent tried to kill Immortal with Freak Show and when both Olgierds blocked frost XDD.
Nothing kills Olgierd Immortal... except Heatwave, Yen Invo, Vilgefortz, locks, poison, Graden, Moreelse, Curse of Corruption, Glorious Hunt, Scorch,...

OK, so no DAMAGE kills Olgierd Immortal. Even if you do 8 damage with Bekkers Rockslide, give him rupture with Tyrggvi, get hit with a big Imlerith's Wrath, or even go against a giant Arnachad, none of that will affect him.

Today is the last deck in the syndicate series.
And its probably my favourite. Best for last, eh?

The original 'No legendaries' deck i made for this thread (for NG) is still my most upvoted deck in PlayGwent.
I return to the concept (after also doing it for MO), with SY who has no shortage of good epics.

[DECK OF 16-09-21]
[NO LEGENDARIES - SY EDITION]

SYNDICATE SPECIAL SERIES - DECK 4

When i saw Lt. Herst, Dire Mutated Hound and Saul are all epics, i knew the leader would have to be Hidden Cache.

I included Moreelse, Freakshow and Graden (plus a few bounty givers) to have some control and tall punishment.

Cyprian Wiley is my auto-include staple, to deal with pesky Madocs, Flying Redanians and now also whisperers of DB.

Then i decided to include BOTH bro duos: the Borsodis (for some midrange + spenders) and the Bleinheims. But i didnt really want to go deep into the self poison archetype, so how to take advantage of these?

The answer was perfect. Because the deck was becoming solid... too solid. Even a bit tryharder. So i needed the SPICE!
So two bird, one stone. With my boy, Germain (aka cow guy), and also Ethereal because why not? :shrug:
(Note: if you miss Germain, you can use the poison bros or Ethereal in combo with Herst and his spawned zealots)

No Leg SY vs Radeyah Eist R1 - Cow Poison Combo.jpg

Poisoned Cows.jpg

Poisoned Cows vs Hoes.jpg

The mad cow disease is making a comeback :oops:

I return, this time with a new seasonal deck.
This week's seasonal is 'Dual Casting' a.k.a. the specials seasonal mode.

Another beautiful seasonal with a lot of potential and tons of possibilities, ruined by the playerbase who immediately gravitates towards the most toxic strategies and with the least amount of effort to build something different from the standard mode's meta... :giveup:

[DECK OF 22-09-21]
[DUAL ORGANICAL - DUAL CASTING SEASONAL DECK]

I believe ALL 6 factions are viable in this mode. All 6 have a wide array of great specials.
But only 2 have access to one of the most broken cards in the game, which is even stronger in this mode - Gord. So you'll be seeing a lot of ST and SYs here.
Also, NG is always popular, and since in this mode players generally thin more due to double tutoring, the annoying mill players are having the time of their life here. (NOTE: strongly consider using Lippy or Pavetta decks to battle the legion of mill players)

Anyway, i chose MO Organics a bit on a whim, and also because i hadnt posted any MO deck yet in this month.
It does work well, most players arent prepared to face swarm, a few are able to keep up in points with engine decks.
Against SY and ST its imperative to have last say to stop their Gord.
Against Mill, you cant stop their milling completely (kill kingslayers to prevent teleportations, consume cantarella, lock or kill isbel or stregobor), but its possible to win even 2 or 3 cards down, with huge swarm boosts.

Again, players underestimate bone talisman - in this mode, on a full empty board, its worth 36pts!
That's more than almost all double gold specials, doesnt give too much value to heatwaves or resets, and only trades down to double lacerate or stammelfor tremors.

I used Yrden on the 1st version of this deck, but he was not finding enough value, so i replaced it with artefact compression.
I didnt use Triss TK for a 2nd bone talisman because i have so many bronze specials, plus the opponents ones, so it would miss most times.
Also, consider not going singleton - Shupe is great but Radeyah in this mode not so much, a 2nd bone talisman could be better.

DUAL CASTING MINI GUIDE:

1. Build your deck with 13 units (the minimum) and 12 specials. Otherwise you're doing it wrong.

2. Mulligan your units, play your specials (unless that unit spawns or tutors a special).

3. Avoid playing 3 specials in a turn, remember only the first special each turn is copied (for example, if you use a tutor like oneiro, go fetch two units, your specials should be played in their own turn, in order to duplicate them)

(EDIT) Going Glustyworp is very risky in this deck, as most players have tall punishment in this mode.
Also i remembered Zoltan Scoundrel's effect is considered a special (i think), and if so, its a great replacement for Glusty, as its much less riskier.

Last edited:
Hey guys.
This may well be the last deck i post for this season.

The other idea i had was for Master of Puppets, a card i havent really explored at all.
But i dont know if i'll get to do it. It would be cool but its harder than everyone thought, i havent seen any streamer who pulled it properly.

[DECK OF 24-09-21]
[REV IT UP]

Back on last patch, when the revenants were announced to be buffed to 4pr, it generated a lot of buzz, even some memes on how portal revenants was gonna be popular and dominate...
But then, i didnt see anyone really try it, so i did it myself.

Its obviously not tier 1 material, it probably falls short to siege, but hey, siege can be heatwaved for a massive counter, while this deck cannot, its more of a control engines overload, where all engines are roughly worth the same.

I even thought of not including Draug, as in this deck its kind of a 'win more' card - if the archers and foltest pride stick, they wont have a problem wiping the board, but to stay true with the revenants theme, Draug had to be here!

Full disclosure: I didnt test the deck properly (6-8 matches i think), as i cant endure too many standard matches anymore, but it performed well enough to deserve a spot in this thread, as long as its piloted well enough. Recommended for NR players who want something similar but different than siege.

Top Bottom