Deck View Shows Cards no Longer in my Deck

+
The deck view shows cards no longer in my deck. I know because I had a gold card (Sheldon) in my hand and saw the same one in my deck when inspecting it. I didn't do a Johnny trick either. I need to do some more testing to see if I can find the cause.

Anyone else got the same problem?

PS. related issue: Certain Cards Break the Deck View

Yup, it happend before when using Nalfgar, and now in addition happens for reasons I don't know yet. My MO games usually have 2 cards in the deck viewer that are no longer there.

sometimes cards either be in hand, graveyard or deck repeats twice in two of places mentioned before it happens the most with Cerys when sending her directly from deck to the graveyards so you can still see her in the deck but is already sent to the graveyard

It's a little more than minor. lol It makes phantom copies of cards that are revealed ( and sometimes mulliganed ). After the patch the "phantom" cards also cover the actual cards. For example, R3 of a game last night, deck counter showed 5 cards, which was correct, but when I looked at my deck all that it showed was 7 dwarven skirmishers. Not that big of a deal, but it's really annoying.

Breli

Forum regular
Hi, I encountered this as well. Seems to be related to the reveal mechanic. In a match against Morvran the Skald was revealed several times leading to a complete broken deck view. I also have the impression that the reveal actually hit the "ghost skalds" as well. Out of 6-7 reveals, 5 or 6 were skalds.

I had no clue what was left in my deck and what not ;) ... Please fix!

deck view bug.jpg

I filed it.

BR Breli

I had this earlier today. Made a couple screenshots that ill come back to post once im at home. Had a game against Voorhis.

Also i posted earlier a bug with Albrich making a 3rd copy of a card, although its a ghost copy (cant use the 3rd card).

This time i had several ghost cards, some of which were copies of cards i had in my hand already. It seems any kind of tampering can trigger this, such as mulliganing the cards in question (although i cant confirm this theory), moving the cards order in the deck, and the oponent revealing one of them. This makes sense because most of the cards i had this issue with last game were revealed by Voorhis' ability.

Here's where the gamebreaking part comes in: lets say i have leo bonhart and alba armoured cavalry and a number of other cards in my deck. If alba is the top card in my deck and leo is the 10th card, moving leo to the top and alba to the 10th spot will make me see 2 leos in my deck, but the 10th card is actually still going to be alba cavalry, although i wont know it. This happened to me in todays game against Voorhis, but i dont know if it was caused by albrich or voorhis reveal. Royal Decree and Jan calveit's ability will show the REAL card (alba in this example) but previewing the deck will show a fake 2nd gold card or 3rd bronze card. If its only one ghost card it can be problematic to know which card it actually is because in my case you cant unplay royal decree or calveits ability, and have to look at all the cards in your hand, graveyard and your deck and make an educated guess as to what the bugged card might be. This becomes impossible when you have (as i experienced and i will post the screenshot of it later) 2 or 3 Vrygheff (golden card) in deck and one in my hand.

Another bug i noticed with the reveal mechanic is that spotters for example always reveal the same card or another one but they bug it to look like the first revealed card and will always boost by the first cards power. I made a 41 power spotter by using vrygheff and 2 ointments and revealing the same 10 power card in my opponents deck 4 total times.

TLDR: yes.

Last edited:
I couldn't help but notice looking in the deck during draw phases appears to cause it. So if you peek in the deck when entering a new round as cards are still being drawn you'll see a ton of dupes. I also noticed if you close the deck view and re-open it after the draws are done the dupes disappear.

I couldn't help but notice looking in the deck during draw phases appears to cause it. So if you peek in the deck when entering a new round as cards are still being drawn you'll see a ton of dupes. I also noticed if you close the deck view and re-open it after the draws are done the dupes disappear.

No, they stay sometimes and it seems that you can even draw them. I had this in Arena with Gaunter O'Dimm. I had already played Gaunter in R1 and got him again in R3 from Vernon Roche, which I played after Shupe!

Back with the screenshots, i uploaded them to imgur because for some reason they were too large.

As you can see, i had Vrygheff in hand and another one in deck, same with Iris who was on the battlefield and still in my deck somehow. The Nauzicaa Brigade as well because i played one in R2 so it couldn't possibly be on my battlefield and my deck too. I still think Voorhis' reveal did this.

As you can see, anything that reveals a card will automatically bug the deck view and add an extra "ghost copy" of a card in your deck. This has previously been mentioned in some posts. This happens to both myself and my opponent, as she confirmed to me after i ran a reveal-heavy deck. It also happens with Voorhis' ability, not only just reveals from cards. And as i mentioned, Albrich from Nilfgaard can cause a similar issue by moving a card in the deck to the top for example. It seems any way of interacting with a deck will trigger some kind of bug similar to this.

Attachments

• 2019-01-17_0429_1.png
    2019-01-17_0429_1.png
    892.2 KB · Views: 68
Very often since the last patch, cards I have already played and are in my graveyard are still showing up as a remaining card when I right click to see my deck. It happens almost every game I play. I could not find anyone else reporting this issue. Ex. I play Tibor, the next round the card appears in the graveyard and also appears in my deck as a remaining card when I right click.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yeah, the deck view is all messed up.

Lovely (Glitch).jpg

It messes up when a card is revealed, but not just that. It also happens when VW banishes a card (i guess its because he also reveals it). Only noticed it because i was playing SK on a match, only had 2 cards in the deck but it showed me 4 or 5.

The deck view shows cards no longer in my deck. I know because I had a gold card (Sheldon) in my hand and saw the same one in my deck when inspecting it. I didn't do a Johnny trick either. I need to do some more testing to see if I can find the cause.

Anyone else got the same problem?

PS. related issue: Certain Cards Break the Deck View

I see this issue very frequently
especially after - my opponent banishing a card from the deck

Top Bottom