Decks that you love to play but aren't very good

+
I have some decks that I really enjoy playing even though I would win more with other decks.

The first one that comes to mind is the NG mill deck I put together recently. Taking cards away from the opponent is great and trying to get them to 0 cards in the deck is entertaining. It's fun to have a different kind of strategy other than the usual as well.

What do you love to play even though it's not that good?

Last edited:
A trap deck combined with aglais and broover as a leader - about 50% victories on ranks 14-12, hopefully will improve after patch.
I also miss my movement ST from the beta, tried something similar in the HC version and failed miserably.

M3e0w

Forum regular
I tried a NG mill deck and it was terrible, could only mill SK, and even that only if I got good draws and my opponent srarted thinning early.

Nilfgaard - ALCHEMY
Skellige - WEATHER + Boar
Eredin - SPECIAL CARDS + Wild Hunt only
Brouver - All Movement Cards (it's ok when I did a thin deck without Brigade)
Emhyr + multiple Vatter de Rideaux (Tactic, Emhyr so 3x)
Elder - Only Sieze (at least 10 uses/game of Miruna)
Nilfgaard - full out tactics (if opponent has artifact removal, u ded)
ST - all Dryad deck (I mean it's ok but I played it only like 10 times with average w-l)
/edit:
Skellige damage self archetype;
yeah as Velvett said, Pirates/ Ships deck is what I wish was cool too...

I mean, they anyhow work, but not well...

Last edited:
Spellige Bran Ultra discard starring Lippy and Coral. This one can be super good, but lacks consistency if you can believe it. The new 3 extra provisions might help make it better.

How does this one work? Sounds like it would be a really small deck and fail to meet the 25 card requirement :).
Nope, the deck focused on Dryads which means it's neither purely Elf or Dwarf deck or human.
You put Immune on Saskia or make sure to have an unlock and she's got 1 cooldown for 6 rounds, well about 14 dmg + 5 hp. Aside of that you can play this fancy Gnome 2-3 times and have lots of handbuff so the last Dryad can make 15 points if it's Brienne and if it's Aglais then you've got a decent finisher... Also because of handbuff, your dwarfy dwarf strikes for at least 7, depends on how many times you use fancy Gnome

I've had some great fun with a Monster - Arachas - Vran deck with cards like Forktail, She-Troll and Glusty but just cannot get it to work consistently!

I like to play with a discard deck that creates randoms with Uma, Aguara, Elf Soup and the like, which ofcourse can shuffle all back in deck with Lippy and Renew, preferably after Lemmens took the trash outside. It's challenging since you're 100% in the random and one mistake is fatal usually. It is hard to find any worthy opponent with this deck. Waiting can go easily over 5 minutes. That's a pity, I'm not a waiter and then have to move on.

this is really nice topic

recently I was playing Emhyr-Stefan-Cahir-Avalach (letho+dudu)
in reality this deck is really funny some times I rely on the enemy combo and use dudu+letho to mimic the opponent combo and beat him with his strategy
also stefan + menno + Garrison + Assire ( if your enemy also having Stefan you can copy him with your letho\dudu ,, and you can get lots of points in one turn )

I like to play with a discard deck that creates randoms with Uma, Aguara, Elf Soup and the like, which ofcourse can shuffle all back in deck with Lippy and Renew, preferably after Lemmens took the trash outside. It's challenging since you're 100% in the random and one mistake is fatal usually. It is hard to find any worthy opponent with this deck. Waiting can go easily over 5 minutes. That's a pity, I'm not a waiter and then have to move on.
Sounds right up my alley! Do u use Coral in it?

DRK3

Forum veteran
@StrykerxS77x yeah, i could definitely see you struggling with the mill deck ;)

Vs Stryker Mill.jpg

Mill really isnt that good, its one of the decks i feel relieved playing against since they rarely achieve the full mill... except when the opponent (me) is SK, specially when using lots of discard, but other than that is just not reliable.

To answer the question: My favourite deck that isnt "that good" is Glustyworp deck, but its the most binary deck i've seen - i either get stomped (most times) or i absolutely crush the opponent (few times)

Sounds right up my alley! Do u use Coral in it?

She gets locked a lot, so I choose the other girl who is tied on a rock.

Top Bottom